Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

He's done an amazing job of making me not really care about him leaving, and I'm very grateful to him for that

Exactly how I feel. This time last year, the prospect of him leaving was devastating. Now? Not bothered in the slightest. That's not to say I dislike him or that I don't have fond memories of him, I do but given his effort and performances this year, he's not a big loss. 

8 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

Absolutely loved him up until recently and I'm sure that's the same for most, not been the same since the turn of the year! He obviously wants to leave. Will always have very fond memories of him (fa cup winner as the main one) but if he doesn't want to stay let's get some decent cash for him (at least our money back (£40mil)) promote kdh as our main man in midfield and build around him.

I love kiernan but he ain’t never going to reach YT’s levels 

we won’t build a midfield around KDH - he’s the legs of the midfield 

• Like 4

Just now, st albans fox said:

I love kiernan but he ain’t never going to reach YT’s levels 

we won’t build a midfield around KDH - he’s the legs of the midfield 

Exactly, he's a brilliant workhorse to complement someone with the final pass and quality Tielemans has. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Man of the match last night, we'll miss him when he's gone

Time will tell l guess. He has been poor for ages. If he ups his game at a new club, that won't sit well with many. If he keeps going as he has been, nobody will care at all that he's gone.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Scotch said:

Exactly how I feel. This time last year, the prospect of him leaving was devastating. Now? Not bothered in the slightest. That's not to say I dislike him or that I don't have fond memories of him, I do but given his effort and performances this year, he's not a big loss. 

Perhaps his effort and performances this year have helped lead to our loss of form and shows he will be a big loss.

18 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Perhaps his effort and performances this year have helped lead to our loss of form and shows he will be a big loss.

I'm sorry. It might just be me but I've read this at least 10 times and I have absolutely no idea what your point is? 

His poor performances and lack of effort have helped result in us being garbage so he will be a loss??!! What??!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

In effect you're saying he's already been a big loss. Not arguing with that, but it's not really saying much more than the person you're replying to.

If he goes, it won't be won't be a big loss from this point - we've already taken the hit 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Well that’s that deal dead in the water then….

Yep - its going to be interesting now because i think the interest in Youri has cooled significantly and if any sort of deal is done it will be late in the window. 

We really need to not get caught out by this. It needs wrapping up by the end of June. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dames said:

Yep - its going to be interesting now because i think the interest in Youri has cooled significantly and if any sort of deal is done it will be late in the window. 

We really need to not get caught out by this. It needs wrapping up by the end of June. 

Can't see any of the other Champions League teams wanting or needing him, which could leave us being stuck with him. You could forsee him being even less interested in us next year as he coasts along,  collecting his wages, whilst he gently runs his contract down waiting for his next clubs signing on fee on a free.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can't see any of the other Champions League teams wanting or needing him, which could leave us being stuck with him. You could forsee him being even less interested in us next year as he coasts along,  collecting his wages, whilst he gently runs his contract down waiting for his next clubs signing on fee on a free.

We need to sell, we can’t afford him playing out his contract and turning in performances like this season or worse.

Spurs may still be interested. (Hopefully)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mod hero said:

We need to sell, we can’t afford him playing out his contract and turning in performances like this season or worse.

I absolutely agree but I think the Spurs ship has perhaps sailed. He'd have to work a lot harder for a manager like Conte!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mod hero said:

Isn't this what he did at Monaco......turning in limp, can't be bothered performances ? 

From memory, their fans wanted him sold. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 2