Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I can’t understand why he is taking this long to get out the door. He’s becoming a bad smell and could be having a detrimental impact on our window. He’s had months of “wanting out”. So why has he and his agent agreed terms with Arsenal and got the offer right. If it’s the fact he thought CL football was coming - sorry Youri, you have to earn that. 

If there's not much interest, Arsenal will play the waiting game to force us to accept a lower price towards the end of the window. Depends on how much real interest there is for him this summer.

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

Youri to sign a new contract with us. Heard it here first. 

Yeah, somebody mentioned that a few pages back. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. When Fabrizio Romano gets involved though, you kinda think he’s off!

Wouldn't it be good if YT just came out himself and let us know what the situation is.

All this media talk has rattled on for over a year now and I think a bit of honesty is long overdue. Going, staying, still considering whatever, let's hear from the player himself. 

This needs putting to bed, getting very bored with countless crap of speculative stories.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Wouldn't it be good if YT just came out himself and let us know what the situation is.

All this media talk has rattled on for over a year now and I think a bit of honesty is long overdue. Going, staying, still considering whatever, let's hear from the player himself. 

This needs putting to bed, getting very bored with countless crap of speculative stories.

I don't think the player knows until the offers come in so I guess he's 'considering'.

35 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

You are never going to hear from the player. that is what he pays an agent for. He owes us nothing and we owe him nothing. No explanation needed. It's just horse trading.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Collymore said:

Youri to sign a new contract with us. Heard it here first. 

Please no,just go now and leave us with some great memories.Another season or two of Youri mediocrity will do no one any good.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't really have too much anxiety about this with YT.

Genuinely think he's a consummate professional. Have said this a few times this season, I don't doubt his form has declined but I think it's really unfair to suggest that it's because his head's not in the right place or that he's checked out and I don't think it would be if he stays on either. Lets be clear though, he isn't going to stay on. He's gone.

Each to their own but he's been pretty crap this season from the games I've seen and there are undoubtedly reasons for that, perhaps that his head has been turned and he sees himself elsewhere.

Happens all the time with footballers, human nature and doesn't make him a bad person. Key thing is he's moved on before that deteriorates further as over the piece he's been immense and no one wants to see his contribution overall tarnished.

Feels like you are maybe skirting around an uncomfortable truth here.

Admittedly I don't go and watch him in the flesh every weak so my opinion only holds so much weight.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd probably say the contrary to be honest, I just think you (and others) want to attribute to something sinister that which can really just be explained away with perfectly innocent explanations.

"His head has been turned", "his heart isn't in it", "he wants out", "he sees himself elsewhere" - why would any of these things be the default explanation for a drop in form? He's been played in a deeper role all season, mostly without Ndidi to cover for him, he's been asked repeatedly to do more defensive work which has left his lack of pace hideously exposed at times and stopped him from getting forward and registering a goal threat as much as last year. In addition to this, he's played a frankly shocking amount of football for club and country over the last two years and has got to be absolutely fvcking exhausted. 

Around him the rest of the team have been equally poor, he's been sat in front of a shaky defence and in front of him has had a revolving door of attacking players to supply who have been in equally poor form throughout the year.

These are all things that are objectively true and all of which can be used to explain a dip in his own performance - speculating that he's not trying as hard because he wants to leave is subjective and, quite frankly, he's done nothing to really warrant that sort of cynicism. 

Genuinely think he's always come across as a seriously well raised, level headed, sensible guy and a solid professional. This isn't Paul Pogba or Adrien Rabiot we're talking about. 

It's not sinister at all, it's a fact of life, he's a human being and a footballer, players form can and does dip all the time when they've stayed too long at a club or consider their futures elsewhere. The latter is undisputable given he's not prepared to sign a new contract so he quite clearly "wants out" and "sees himself elsewhere". Indeed, there is nothing wrong with that and it works both ways, conversely clubs are quite happy to dump players when they aren't contributing or not part of the clubs plans so players are quite entitled if they want a fresh challenge to look elsewhere.

All of the above doesn't make him a bad person or a bad pro or invalidate all the amazing contributions he's made in his time at the club, it's an unfortunate fact of life in terms of being a footballer.

We'll need to agree to disagree on this one.

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's been played in a deeper role all season, mostly without Ndidi to cover for him, he's been asked repeatedly to do more defensive work which has left his lack of pace hideously exposed at times and stopped him from getting forward and registering a goal threat as much as last year. In addition to this, he's played a frankly shocking amount of football for club and country over the last two years and has got to be absolutely fvcking exhausted. 

Around him the rest of the team have been equally poor, he's been sat in front of a shaky defence and in front of him has had a revolving door of attacking players to supply who have been in equally poor form throughout the year.

This is exactly why he's not been 100% motivated and probably looking forward to moving. It's like he's serving his notice period, naturally very few players are going to bust a gut in a dysfunctional season when they know they're leaving in the summer.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Isn't this exactly what @Finneganis saying? Say's who? 

Finnegan listed lots of factors why Tielemans hasn't been very good this season, including some outside of Tielemans' control like his role & responsibilities changing. I don't think Tielemans has been unprofessional; he's very naturally going to be less arsed when his teammates have dropped like flies with injuries, he's played an obscene amount of football and we've been poor for most of the season.

None of these things are going to make him kick on and play iron-willed football when it's 99% likely he's off in the summer.

5 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Nothing personal to you, but these comments of “lack of effort” really annoy me.

I see a player who is still as committed as he was in his first full season.

however I also see a player who has made a number of mistakes this season, poor passes, lacking drive and the energy he had before. 

Is it a commitment issue, no not at all. I genuinely think he is knackered and needs a good break to physically and mentally recharge.

Some of these players have been on the go now since project relaunch in 2020, with a reduced summer break in 2020 and in 2021

we’ll have to agree to disagree on that! To me it’s been obvious that he doesn’t want to be here and he’s played like that too.

• Like 1

Not all people or players have the same level of motivation !!

I think Youri requires new challenges to to stay motivated and the shine of being at Leicester has lost its lustre. 

Time for a new challenge to get his game back on track. I would prefer he finds that challenge in Europe rather than at Arsenal though.

18 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I would also rather he go to Europe, but if we let him go to Arsenal for a good price on condition we get Saliba for a good price (If he wants to come here, of course), I wouldn't cry over it. In all honesty, After his Monaco stint, I am not sure Youri will thrive at a "big club." His 2021-2022 season was very poor. If we had a excellent player to take his spot waiting in the wings, he would have spent the second half of the season on the bench. Youri survived some poor spells here that he wouldn't, even at Arsenal.

I am not saying I hope he crashes and burns; I hope he succeeds at his next club. But I feel like he needs a forgiving environment to truly thrive.

If Saliba were to come here as part of the deal I would be doing the yippee skippee.  What a Rolls Royce of a defence that would give us !!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

If Saliba were to come here as part of the deal I would be doing the yippee skippee.  What a Rolls Royce of a defence that would give us !!

Vestergaard and Amartey were an Austin Allegro of a defence!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1