Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

10 minutes ago, oldbluefox said:

Personally I think we look livelier when Praet comes on and I would start him over Tielemans. And I am beginning to wonder how much longer we can play Ndidi over Mendy. 

What is N’didi’s role these days? We were under the kosh for pretty much the whole game yesterday and I can barely remember him winning a tackle of note and he’s not great at switching us into attack. 

10 hours ago, Fightforever said:

At this rate he is the difference between relegation and staying in the division so I would still rather keep him.

But if we got into a relegation scrap Youri isn't the sort of scrapper suited to get us out of it.

11 hours ago, Sampson said:

Can we please stop with this “don’t take £25m, he could be the difference between making Europe or not” crap now?

We’re not making Europe next season with or without him. It’d just be silly to turn down a fee this summer then have to try and replace him for nothing next summer.

You must be kidding, with the way Man Utd have started the season they’ll be coming in with £35m this week!!!!

Genuinely, they’ll be hitting panic stations now and I expect there will be a bit of movement from them this week to get new bodies in for next week.

Personally I think we should keep. With Harvey injured I reckon we have just two potential game-breakers: Youri and Madders. If Youri goes and Madders hip injury is aggravated then we're a bit ****ed to put it mildly.

His inconsistency is frustrating but he's still easily one of our most creative players. The fee we'll get now will likely be pitiful so keep him imho.

• Like 1

If we're not signing anybody, rather than persevere with some of our deadwood perhaps it's time to start giving some of our Academy players more of a chance. Include them on the bench and use them. Players like Braybrook are shining for the U23s and I would much rather see him being used rather than someone warming the bench who will not be with us next year.

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I said the same back in March 2020, doesn't take charge of the game and can look like a pub player!!!

Been saying the same for a very long time and got roundly criticised for it. Interesting how many peoples views have changed as his mediocrity continues although the rose tinted brigade still have a fair few numbers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, An Away Move said:

What is N’didi’s role these days? We were under the kosh for pretty much the whole game yesterday and I can barely remember him winning a tackle of note and he’s not great at switching us into attack. 

We have converted him from the best pure destroyer in the world, statistics would argue, to a mediocre impression of a box to box player. 

Why? I’m not sure, only Brendan can explain that I guess… 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We have converted him from the best pure destroyer in the world, statistics would argue, to a mediocre impression of a box to box player. 

Because the 4-2-3-1 is better for Maddison and Barnes. Don't really get why people think we should build the side round Ndidi. We are like England under Sven atm. Good players but who don't all seem to fit in one system. I'd rather weaken Ndidi than Maddison to be fair.

Arsenal fan down here said they are not interested in Tielemans and after yesterday that has rubber stamped it, he will see this season out and go for free or in January for a small fee, unless Ten Bob at Man United makes a desperate bid in the next couple of weeks… :wave:

21 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

The goal of turning Wilf from a destroyer to a complete midfielder was a worthy aim but it hasn’t worked. Mendy is the opposite,  composed on the ball and capable of passing forwards but not as adept as Ndidi at recycling possession  / covering for advancing full backs.  Soumare was identified as maybe solving this problem, being able to do both sides of the game but as we know that hasn’t work either.

Maybe Ndidi needs to go back to basics and be paired with a new quarterback m/f to find his best form. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Good in preseason, pants again when it’s crunch time. Had a good 18 months for us since joining permanently, and has had a bad 18 months.

Like Rodgers, it’s time to go 

He was excellent vs Brentford, so it's 1 good game 1 poor game so far. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MalletFox said:

You must be kidding, with the way Man Utd have started the season they’ll be coming in with £35m this week!!!!

Genuinely, they’ll be hitting panic stations now and I expect there will be a bit of movement from them this week to get new bodies in for next week.

Let's hope they don't get de Jong, because then they'll really get desperate. Only a desperate team will want him now, because most teams have already brought the players they want. The only problem is his form, he carries on playing like he did against Arsenal, nobody's going to touch him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was excellent vs Brentford, so it's 1 good game 1 poor game so far. 

He was for 65 minutes, although you can point the finger at the manager for why that went so spectacularly wrong.

I just feel really uneasy with players playing who have half an eye on somewhere else, so I’d rather be go. 

Edited by TMELcfc
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Sampson said:

Can we please stop with this “don’t take £25m, he could be the difference between making Europe or not” crap now?

We’re not making Europe next season with or without him. It’d just be silly to turn down a fee this summer then have to try and replace him for nothing next summer.

Agree. Genuinely think things seriously aren’t right at the club and we will be in and abouts the wrong end of the table this season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sm1 said:

Let's hope they don't get de Jong, because then they'll really get desperate. Only a desperate team will want him now, because most teams have already brought the players they want. The only problem is his form, he carries on playing like he did against Arsenal, nobody's going to touch him.

I think they’ve been so bad they could go for both De Jong and Youri. They’re an absolute shambles!!

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

He is an Anderlecht fans, not a Leicester one, loyalty is irrelevant. He has done nothing wrong

Feel like I am in an episode of Quantum Leap

I get it I really do

however Leicester are all I am concerned about therefore I only look from our point of view 

if Tielemans had anything about him he could sign a 1 year extension with a built in £30 million release fee (for example) and then it’s win win for both parties 

like I said and I reiterate I am only interested in Leicester and not what pleases a selfish player 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I get it I really do

however Leicester are all I am concerned about therefore I only look from our point of view 

if Tielemans had anything about him he could sign a 1 year extension with a built in £30 million release fee (for example) and then it’s win win for both parties 

like I said and I reiterate I am only interested in Leicester and not what pleases a selfish player 

How does Tielemans win in this scenario though?

Run down his contract and potentially sign on a free next year with a decent Europe team and a hefty sign on fee and big wages (due to not having to pay a fee), or sign a years extension and then rely on another team being willing to pay the £30m release fee?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

If he doesn’t go for a fee before the window shuts and also doesn’t sign a contract extension I would rather us drop him and play Praet instead 

Let him scupper his own World Cup plans 

the lack of loyalty to Leicester is staggering 

personally would rather have players here who see us being the place to progress at full stop and not a stepping stone 

Absolutely agree. The lack of loyalty from both Tielemans & Fofanna, both should never wear our shirt again. They should both be dropped for being disloyal to the club that’s looked after them and got them where they are. Don’t sell either of them let them sit in the stands each game for the remainder of their contracts. Sod the money let it be a lesson for any future signings you are not bigger than our club.