Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Whatever happens I think he'll have a very good season, or certainly a very good 1st half of the season. Call me mad but watching him for Belgium this summer he looked back to being quick thinking and on it. Don't want to lose him for nothing but what can we do now? I'd love him to sign a new deal and I wouldn't rule it out if his agent has had yet another howler with him.

His agent is very small time don't forget.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

We can’t keep being held hostage to one players uncertainty (Tielemans). This is madness surely! Set a deadline date and force the player into a corner

Youri sign a contract by the 1st July otherwise erm.  Otherwise.....

Otherwise you'll get a huge payday next season and probably end up somewhere you've always dreamed of going and pulling out pants down in the process.

Edited by Collymore

I'm genuinely staggered nobody has even had a nibble this summer. I know he had an appalling 2022 but up to his injury in November he'd still been scoring rippers and effecting games and 2020/21 he was exceptional.

Odd

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Whatever happens I think he'll have a very good season, or certainly a very good 1st half of the season. Call me mad but watching him for Belgium this summer he looked back to being quick thinking and on it. Don't want to lose him for nothing but what can we do now? I'd love him to sign a new deal and I wouldn't rule it out if his agent has had yet another howler with him.

I think you're right. 

This transfer window should open his eyes to the fact that none of the big boys want him and if he's honest with himself, he'll know its because he's not been good enough for a year now. So if he wants that move, new contract or not, he's going to have to pick it up a couple of gears. 

I just hope he's signed a new contract and we're not putting an on form Youri in the shop window with a "Free to a good home" sticker on him. 

• Like 1

Surely the club can find a solution to this? Offer him a 2 year deal. He's still only 25.  give him a pay rise, add a reasonable release clause. Tell him will be sold to a CL club if they approach.  All he has to do is perform well for us. He's a guaranteed starter every week if he commits his future here. Seeing him leave on a free next summer is the worst outcome of the lot.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2022 at 15:26, Paninistickers said:

Self imposed Deadlines in business negotiation rarely work. It's the easiest of bluffs to call. 

The most likely scenario is he'll go very close to transfer window. And that's exactly the timepoint t we can drive his price up, playing one off against another with the genuine deadline of a transfer window ticking away. Right now, our hand is fairly weak.

On august 31st (or whatever) we may 'pump & dump'....  playing off Man U v PSG v a ludicrous Newcastle offer v Spurs v Arsenal

It works when its not a bluff, late business isnt great as it ruins the season prep.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, I'd rather have him here playing well than risking another new signing. Ndidi being back will help.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Yeah, I'd rather have him here playing well than risking another new signing. Ndidi being back will help.

The problem with keeping the same players with limited range of skills is that the opposition have you figured out and we don't have any different players to change it up. 

You can see why Brendan is frustrated we have no options in the middle of the park.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm genuinely staggered nobody has even had a nibble this summer. I know he had an appalling 2022 but up to his injury in November he'd still been scoring rippers and effecting games and 2020/21 he was exceptional.

Odd

Can't help but feel he wants one of the big clubs and it just not happened or we are pricing him to high.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Can't help but feel he wants one of the big clubs and it just not happened or we are pricing him to high.

I think Arsenal know they can have him... but are prepared to risk losing him to get us to lower our price.  I predict now that they will buy him late for 20mil

Edited by foxinsocks

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think Arsenal know they can have him... but are prepared to risk losing him to get us to lower our price.  I predict now that they will buy him late for 20mil

This is the Arsenal who splashed out £50m on Ben White, and wasn't it something like £70m on Pepe when they had 'no budget'. I am sure they would like him, but I think it's clear he's not a priority to them. 

• Like 1

Just now, rachhere said:

This is the Arsenal who splashed out £50m on Ben White, and wasn't it something like £70m on Pepe when they had 'no budget'. I am sure they would like him, but I think it's clear he's not a priority to them. 

Agree... let's see what the clearing price is.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Odd

I think that the top teams question his mobility, and that’s something you can’t train into a player. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

I think that the top teams question his mobility, and that’s something you can’t train into a player. 

Mobility is the one thing you can improve with literally anybody. Klopp has got Thiago getting about the pitch for Liverpool very well since he came in.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Mobility is the one thing you can improve with literally anybody. Klopp has got Thiago getting about the pitch for Liverpool very well since he came in.

Youri mechanically can’t run, at 25 I don’t think you can change that.