Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Arsenal itk’s have only changed their tone since Dorset’s tweet 

up until that point they were claiming it was just a matter of time and YT was arteta and edu priority signing 

they’re trying to save face as it looks as though the move may not be as likely as they thought. 

They do it all the time don't they. I'm sure they did the same when they got Ødegaard after chasing Maddison for ages.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

According to my neighbour Doris down the road had a threesome with 2 fellow octogenarians from the bowls club. No concrete proof or confirmation at this point 😉

Funny… I heard the same thing yesterday down the boozer

😉

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

yep. A guy who runs a fan podcast, doesn’t spout a lot of stuff, so i’d take it that what he’s heard, he thinks is legit. He doesn’t appear to be claiming itk status just that someone he trusts gave him this info. 

i’ll paraphrase but he said ‘youri has agreed to a 3 year extension,with a 60m release clause for champions league clubs. Neither him or the club wanted to be in the same situation next summer’

If true… it’s a perfect start to the summer 

If no-one is coming in for him when he's available for £25-30m now, I find it hard to believe he'll have agreed to a release clause that's double that. It'll obviously be higher to reflect a 3-year contract, but if its a 3yr contract that he's expecting to be bought out of then he'd be a fool to agree to such a high release clause. Even if his form does pick up again, not many will be interested at that price - if they were then you'd think they'd be biting our hands off to get him now, or at least YT would be aware of interest and a possible offer later in the window, and hold off signing a new deal. Unless the release clause was active immediately, which would be equally strange...

It'd be somewhere in the middle, probably the same £40m we paid for him initially as a base figure. Perhaps variable (upwards) dependant on the european football status of ourselves and the buying club at the time

Regardless, it feels like it could be a solution which benefits all parties short term - especially with a few months before the WC. Might mean we cool our interest in players like CDK and Bourigeaud though, which could be a shame.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

If no-one is coming in for him when he's available for £25-30m now, I find it hard to believe he'll have agreed to a release clause that's double that. It'll obviously be higher to reflect a 3-year contract, but if its a 3yr contract that he's expecting to be bought out of then he'd be a fool to agree to such a high release clause. Even if his form does pick up again, not many will be interested at that price - if they were then you'd think they'd be biting our hands off to get him now, or at least YT would be aware of interest and a possible offer later in the window, and hold off signing a new deal. Unless the release clause was active immediately, which would be equally strange...

It'd be somewhere in the middle, probably the same £40m we paid for him initially as a base figure. Perhaps variable (upwards) dependant on the european football status of ourselves and the buying club at the time

Regardless, it feels like it could be a solution which benefits all parties short term - especially with a few months before the WC. Might mean we cool our interest in players like CDK and Bourigeaud though, which could be a shame.

On balance I'd be happier to keep a player we know can perform at this level than spend money on players who we don't.

Not that I don't think CDK and Benjamin Budgie would be good signings because I like the look of both.  

Pure pontification but I wonder if Youri staying might make us a more attractive prospect to CDK? 

Where the money comes from I have no idea.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Can't help but feel he wants one of the big clubs and it just not happened or we are pricing him to high.

...there is nothing to stop a lowball offer coming from a big club if they wanted him!!!

No extension this window, and I would take £15-20m for him right now. We need the money to supplement building this team. We are probably looking at the same amount of money (£20-30m) set aside for acquisition next season, every penny helps.

The argument is that his services are worth a £25m player playing for us, any long-term injury puts that idea out of the window, a bird in the hand, and all that.

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

On balance I'd be happier to keep a player we know can perform at this level than spend money on players who we don't.

Not that I don't think CDK and Benjamin Budgie would be good signings because I like the look of both.  

Pure pontification but I wonder if Youri staying might make us a more attractive prospect to CDK? 

Where the money comes from I have no idea.  

Nice point, it will be much easier to integrate Belgium players into Leicester when they get together with a future Belgium captain in the side

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dames said:

If what the Arsenal ITKs are saying is true about Tielemans not being a priority target and is only considered as a strong rotational option then there is no way I can see him going there.

Arsenal do not have the clout to pull those tricks anymore. 

Personally I’ve always thought it’s a silly move (to Arsenal) in the midst of an unusual season schedule. Why flog yourself on a Thursday to Sunday turnover before playing in the World Cup when his national team place is at threat? If a CL club chirps up, fair enough. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there is nothing to stop a lowball offer coming from a big club if they wanted him!!!

No extension this window, and I would take £15-20m for him right now. We need the money to supplement building this team. We are probably looking at the same amount of money (£20-30m) set aside for acquisition next season, every penny helps.

The argument is that his services are worth a £25m player playing for us, any long-term injury puts that idea out of the window, a bird in the hand, and all that.

Maybe, but the club will have a price they will accept, they aren't going to take 15m-20m two weeks into the window.

53 minutes ago, Xen said:

well if the right club hasn’t come for him and we are offering a big wage increase… you could argue the ball is back in our court so to speak. 

It would seem strange for the club to put a release cause in that is the same we paid for him. That doesn’t mean we wouldn’t sell him for that in a year or 2 but it means that if someone really wants him it’s possible. 

i don’t think vinicius expects a club to pay 1bn for him either… but he still put it in 🤷‍♂️

The real improvement to us last summer came from a returning loanee.  For all we know we must just get 1 or 2 surprises from youngsters already at the Club.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Club has never wanted him to leave so not sure they would have built there plans around that.

I'd be shocked if they didn't plan their transfer summer without him being sold.

Just now, moore_94 said:

So what if a club bids and we don't accept it? Is that his fault as well?

But a club hasn't bid yet have they? 

IMO blame should be proportioned to ourselves and Tielemans for how we've ended up in this predicament. Irrespective though, are you expecting the club to plan for 2no different transfer window outcomes because Tielemans doesn't know what he's doing? He is key to buying and selling, and we should've dealt with Tielemans contract coming to an end at least, at least last year.

Problem is as we all know agents rule football these days I'm sure his agent has promised him a move to a big club this summer and told him not to sign a new contract, unfortunately for him looks like this move is not coming to fruition. So now the ball is in Youri's court what does he do sack his agent and sign a new contract even if it's just a year's extension.

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Agree but it’s not that easy if clubs have cooled there interest in him. 

I do agree, but we as a club should've dealt with this at the very latest last year.

Just now, UHDrive said:

But a club hasn't bid yet have they? 

IMO blame should be proportioned to ourselves and Tielemans for how we've ended up in this predicament. Irrespective though, are you expecting the club to plan for 2no different transfer window outcomes because Tielemans doesn't know what he's doing? He is key to buying and selling, and we should've dealt with Tielemans contract coming to an end at least, at least last year.

As the club still have a contract on the table for him I imagine they probably have planned for the upcoming season with and without him

The club wont plan the whole window on 1 possible departure and not plan for if it doesn't happen, that would be a massive risk to take, they will have multiple plans depending on who stays, who leaves, who they need to buy etc.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

As the club still have a contract on the table for him I imagine they probably have planned for the upcoming season with and without him

The club wont plan the whole window on 1 possible departure and not plan for if it doesn't happen, that would be a massive risk to take, they will have multiple plans depending on who stays, who leaves, who they need to buy etc.

I apologise for disagreeing again. But Tielemans is our top selling attribute by far (aside from soyuncu and possibly nacho if he left). We could buy CDK with his fee with leftovers for other targets. 

Players who come here come on the basis that we have a long term plan and to be nurtured. When one our of our best two creative players careers at City is up in the air, then the potential incoming player will surely question mark that and question where he might fit in in the future. 

Fine margins for a club our size particularly with no movement as yet and pre season around the corner. 

11 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I apologise for disagreeing again. But Tielemans is our top selling attribute by far (aside from soyuncu and possibly nacho if he left). We could buy CDK with his fee with leftovers for other targets. 

Players who come here come on the basis that we have a long term plan and to be nurtured. When one our of our best two creative players careers at City is up in the air, then the potential incoming player will surely question mark that and question where he might fit in in the future. 

Fine margins for a club our size particularly with no movement as yet and pre season around the corner. 

I wouldn’t be so sure that any fee we’d collect for Tielemans would cover CDK with leftovers.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe, but the club will have a price they will accept, they aren't going to take 15m-20m two weeks into the window.

They wont even accept 15-20 mil 2 weeks before the end of the window or even 2 days before as its an insulting price.