Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

On 25/06/2022 at 22:14, st albans fox said:

These are my thoughts too

he guarantees his wc place by staying with us and playing every week

if we are not competing for top 4/6 come January and he has had a good season and World Cup  then we can try to sell youri in Jan for £40m+

Otherwise we see where we are at the end of may 

So why didn't he show such urgency last year to impress top suitors? Why give him more time? If he's due to go on a free why flog a dead horse and potentially ruin our league position and deny a place to one of our other players whose prepared to bust a gut to be there?

Let him know that if he isn't prepared to perform he'll be tomorrows forgotten man. If he's not going to fight let him rot, no room for sentiment. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

So why didn't he show such urgency last year to impress top suitors? Why give him more time? If he's due to go on a free why flog a dead horse and potentially ruin our league position and deny a place to one of our other players whose prepared to bust a gut to be there?

Let him know that if he isn't prepared to perform he'll be tomorrows forgotten man. If he's not going to fight let him rot, no room for sentiment. 

I’m not one who thinks he was that dreadful last season. Certainly he didn’t reach his high levels with any consistency as he had in previous seasons but then madders and vards apart, who did?? 

if he doesn’t hit his levels in the first half of the campaign then Martinez won’t start him for Belgium and I’m sure rodgers will think about rotating him too.  My post is predicated on him signing an extension - so he won’t be leaving on a free. 

if the news is true and he is considering signing for another year then the club have clearly called his bluff and told him ‘no sign, no sale, no guarantee of a start’ . Hence his WC place in jeopardy. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Disagree with you disagreeing. 

I actually feel like Iheanacho is our top selling asset. He's still got a bit longer left on his contract, 25 years old, the striker market being absolutely nuts right now (Nunez 100m, Haaland 65m, 60m Richarlison, 45m for Jesus, Nketiah getting a contract worth 28m over 5 years, Ekitike 20m or Barca being asked to pay 50m for Lewandowski who's got a year left and is 34 years old). We could easily fetch a fee of over 30m for Kele because I truly believe he'd go and bag 15 league goals at a club where he's the main man. 

Not to mention moving on Iheanacho would open up space for CDK not just in the squad but also role-wise. 

I agree with of this in theory but I'm not convinced the perception of Iheanacho outside of Leicester is enough to command a solid fee. 

It SHOULD be, sure, his numbers are fantastic, he's an incredible finisher, but he's got very, very little buzz. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I agree with of this in theory but I'm not convinced the perception of Iheanacho outside of Leicester is enough to command a solid fee. 

It SHOULD be, sure, his numbers are fantastic, he's an incredible finisher, but he's got very, very little buzz. 

I think he'd do very well at Brighton.  They desperately need a good finisher, play progressive football and Potter seems to be getting the best from his players.  And he won't cost a fortune. 

I hope he moves on to be the main man somewhere he deserves that chance, if he wants it.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I think he'd do very well at Brighton.  They desperately need a good finisher, play progressive football and Potter seems to be getting the best from his players.  And he won't cost a fortune. 

I hope he moves on to be the main man somewhere he deserves that chance, if he wants it.  

Sure, I think he'd do well lots of places, my point is just that I don't know that he's a very good sellable asset for generating big revenue. The guy I quoted was posting a list of expensive strikers and I don't think Nacho has enough reputation globally to command a fee that would help us noticeably rebuild the squad. 

Personally think he'd go for less than Tielemans and Soyuncu. 

I mean has he ever had a single credible link to any other club since he got here? Maybe he just doesn't have a very active agent or he's extremely settled I don't know but it doesn't look like he's ever cultivated any interest. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sure, I think he'd do well lots of places, my point is just that I don't know that he's a very good sellable asset for generating big revenue. The guy I quoted was posting a list of expensive strikers and I don't think Nacho has enough reputation globally to command a fee that would help us noticeably rebuild the squad. 

Personally think he'd go for less than Tielemans and Soyuncu. 

I mean has he ever had a single credible link to any other club since he got here? Maybe he just doesn't have a very active agent or he's extremely settled I don't know but it doesn't look like he's ever cultivated any interest. 

Possibly the latter, he never seems to be agitating for a move so perhaps he's simply happy where he is.  

I do recall some murmurings the season before last when he had that stellar finish but credible links, I don't remember any.  

3 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Possibly the latter, he never seems to be agitating for a move so perhaps he's simply happy where he is.  

I do recall some murmurings the season before last when he had that stellar finish but credible links, I don't remember any.  

Which seems a bit odd given most people were pretty convinced he was on Rodgers "out" list. 🤷

Idk. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for one moment giving my opinion on how much I personally think he's worth. I'm not dismissing his ability or his value to us. 

I just don't see any evidence that he's considered valuable outside the club in the same way, say, Maddison is. I'd expect pretty big money if clubs were coming in for Maddison or Barnes but just not Kel. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The latter 

Do you know when he IS due back? 

For all the flapping in here about him not moving, am I not right in saying that us waiting for him to finish his holiday and make a decision was a big feature of the transfer saga that saw him come here after his loan? 

I'm sure I remember him talking about wanting to just go off and enjoy some time before coming back to think about football? I may have imagined that. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Do you know when he IS due back? 

For all the flapping in here about him not moving, am I not right in saying that us waiting for him to finish his holiday and make a decision was a big feature of the transfer saga that saw him come here after his loan? 

I'm sure I remember him talking about wanting to just go off and enjoy some time before coming back to think about football? I may have imagined that. 

FifPro (footballers union) have pushed for a minimum three week in between seasons. International duty for Belgium finished on 14th June - so earliest he'd be back is 5th/6th July. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

They just bought 2 strikers. Undav from USG in Belgium and some kid from the Danish league, so I reckon they're set.

Wolves, Everton, Bournemouth, West Ham, Newcastle could all do with him though. 

• Like 1

Youri should sign that contract extension and use that year to get a new agent. Leaving my Leicester City bias to one side, how bad of an agent do you need to be to not put a top class number 8 in the shop window at a bumper discount in a summer when so many Champions League midfields need revitalising? Worse than Harry Kane's idiot brother.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Youri should sign that contract extension and use that year to get a new agent. Leaving my Leicester City bias to one side, how bad of an agent do you need to be to not put a top class number 8 in the shop window in a summer when so many Champions League midfields need revitalising? Worse than Harry Kane's idiot brother.

Has he ever been that fancied by Champions League teams though? 

Agent or not after his loan spell here nobody but us seriously wanted him when he was available, no serious bids after scoring a worldie for little old Leicester in the FA Cup final and absolutely 0 interest when its known he's available for a reasonable price and willing to go this summer.

I don't get it personally because he's clearly a class player but for some reason I don't think he'll ever be fancied by the bigger teams.