Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

If Manchester United make a serious bid then I’m in no doubt that YT would go there. They’re one of a handful of teams in European football who can still attract players without success on the field.

In a way, though, it feels like the worst possible outcome for all parties. It diminishes us as a team, I really don’t think YT is what MU currently need and, therefore, he might soon find his first team opportunities limited. 

It’s exactly what I thought before Drinkwater moved to Chelsea, although there is no guarantee that the outcome would be the same.

25 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

If Manchester United make a serious bid then I’m in no doubt that YT would go there. They’re one of a handful of teams in European football who can still attract players without success on the field.

In a way, though, it feels like the worst possible outcome for all parties. It diminishes us as a team, I really don’t think YT is what MU currently need and, therefore, he might soon find his first team opportunities limited. 

It’s exactly what I thought before Drinkwater moved to Chelsea, although there is no guarantee that the outcome would be the same.

....you would think he (Youri) would jump at the chance, but United would be crazy to do this deal!!

I still believe he will be here for next season.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

La Liga champions Real Madrid are reportedly closely monitoring the situation of 25-year-old Belgian playmaker Youri Tielemans at Leicester City.
According to a report by Spanish outlet Defensa Central, Youri Tielemans is the subject of interest from Real Madrid over a possible Bosman move in the 2023 summer transfer window. The Merengues are closely monitoring the situation of the 25-year-old playmaker at Premier League club Leicester City.

Youri Tielemans has established himself as one of the best playmakers in the Premier League since joining Leicester City from AS Monaco. The Foxes initially signed the Belgian international on a loan deal for the second half of the 2018/19 season before completing a permanent transfer in July 2019.

The 25-year-old has turned out 157 times for Leicester City, chipping in with 24 goals and 24 assists in the process. But Tielemans’s contract situation has left the Foxes in a spot of bother, as his current deal will run out next year. Such a situation has captured the attention of several European bigwigs, including Real Madrid.

Real Madrid had initially thought about signing Tielemans in the summer transfer window this year. But Carlo Ancelotti has plenty of midfield resources at his disposal following the arrival of Aurelien Tchouameni from AS Monaco in a €100 million deal.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/06/29/real-madrid-keeping-tabs-on-youri-tielemans/

YARN | If you want him, come and claim him. | The Lord of the Rings: The  Fellowship of the Ring (2001) | Video gifs by quotes | d1468987 | 紗

• Haha 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Cannot see man utd - de Jong will happen and I don't believe there's ever been any genuine interest from them.

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Define persecuted? And bare in mind after 2 years he had just had his best season in his career winning players player and player of the season and won the FA cup. 

Should've sold him at that point if he didn't extend. He'd have a better choice of clubs and we'd get funds in for a replacement.

If he walks the we've paid £8m pa plus wages and signing on fees and bonuses. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

De Jong deal rumoured to be up the shit house.

Do not believe everything you read in the shit house. They've been working on it for months.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Do not believe everything you read in the shit house. They've been working on it for months.

Have they? De Jong only recently got moved off the untouchable list at Barcelona.

Even if United cough up the fee Barca are asking, de Jong has a contract and doesn't want to leave which is understandable given hes on nearly half a mil per week in sunny Barcelona where he's also got UCL football 

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

De Jong deal rumoured to be up the shit house.

I'd assume it's brinksmanship from United as they know that Barca need to make as much money as possible before the end of tomorrow. If the proposed fee is £60 million then Man U say, we're only willing to offer £50 million. Barca will most likely choose to accept and take the money so that La Liga allow them a higher salary cap

Scrap that, I've just seen that he's currently refusing to go to Man U. I don't blame him lol

Edited by filbertway
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jpinkman said:

Youri will sign the extension on offer to him. No point in a Champions League buy out clause as he will be available for around £20 million next summer, but there will be clauses in his contract. 

A bid for Charles De Ketelaere will also go in this week, and there will also be clauses in his contract (Leicester not being in Europe the 23/24 season being one). 

Ademola Lookman will sign within the next two weeks.

Christian Erikson will not sign, he will be back at Brentford and sign a two year deal with the option to extend for a further year, again, there wil be a European clause in his contract, but he is happy at Brentford and focusing on the World Cup with Denmark.   

Ndidi, when back will also sign a contract extension until 2026.

Praet, the club continue to look for best solution, Torino remain favourites to have him back, but Sassuolo and Udinese are also interested.  

Both Milan clubs have their eye on Soyuncu, however, there is also interest in Spain. He's expected to depart this summer, as been previously said, Brendan isn't a fan!

On the Levi Cowell situation, Leicester in talks with Chelsea and a bid is imminent, if rebuffed a bid for Nathan Collins is likely.

Perez is being eyed up by Villareal and Valencia, surprisingly, Southampton too.

George Hurst, whilst being looked at in Pre-season, will go out again on loan.

Sammy Braybrooke and Will Alves will also be looked at again, during pre-season, but it is Braybrooke that the club will look to loan out next season for experience to join the first team 23/24 season.  Alves will be loaned out next season.

Noni Madueke wants to come back to England, he is aware of Leicester interest, expect him in, mid July!

Summary (for myself)

out:

praet

soyunchu

perez

in:

cdk

madueke

colwill/collins

would take that and play summing like 

kasper

pereira - fofana - evans - Justin 

ndidi

kdh - Tielemans

Maduake - Vardy - CDK

bench:

Iversson 

colwill 

castagne

soumare

madders

Barnes

daka

*dreaming

**why am I putting this in the tielemans thread?

• Haha 1