Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

39 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Apparently we're talking to Spurs about a swap for Winks. Not sure the source is reputable. 

winks is a metronome player without any creativity at all.  Whilst we need the tempo player to replace YT, winks needs players around him to do the creative stuff and wilf/kdh are not those players! 

of course if you’re offering losing youri for nothing next June after two thirds of a season with a distinct lack of commitment against having winks then there is only one answer.  At least we’d have a saleable asset around £20m+. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Could be mad but I've always thought winks was decent. Not youri levels (when on song) but a tidy footballer and moves the ball quickly.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Could be mad but I've always thought winks was decent. Not youri levels (when on song) but a tidy footballer and moves the ball quickly.

I haven't seen much of him, what I have seen didn't impress me much.  However, one of my best mates is a spud and whenever Winks name is mentioned the air turns blue.  I will never live this down if this happens for the love of God.  

Of course, other reports say Winks will go to Everton as part of the Richlarison deal. Of course, it all seems natural to me, since I am an American and we trade players like cigarettes, but when was the last time it actually happened here?

It would be nice if Spurs and ManU got into a bidding war for Youri.

33 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You’ll find yourself fairly lonely with this view on here 

fwiw, he usually played well against us

he lacks creativity but our issue losing youri is that he sets our tempo. Winks is that player too but his passing is too often square or backwards 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You’ll find yourself fairly lonely with this view on here 

fwiw, he usually played well against us

he lacks creativity but our issue losing youri is that he sets our tempo. Winks is that player too but his passing is too often square or backwards 

Brendan will love him then!!!

• Haha 3

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Bucks fox said:

Brendan will love him then!!!

Winks would be a typical Rodgers signing:

- decent lad

- good on the ball

- weak as a kitten

- easily knocked off the ball

36 minutes ago, happy85 said:

...if Youri does go to Spurs   which is a strange and out of left field thing to say, it would do him good to have a no nonsense manager around him!!!

Could not see Youri coping in such an environment,  but it is what he needs to push himself forward.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if Youri does go to Spurs   which is a strange and out of left field thing to say, it would do him good to have a no nonsense manager around him!!!

Could not see Youri coping in such an environment,  but it is what he needs to push himself forward.

I personally think Tielemans would shine in a Spurs team and especially under Conte. He'd get him fit as fook and he'd know if he didn't perform, he'd be out. Compare this to playing for Leicester under Rodgers where Tielemans basically plays whatever from he's in

32 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Of course, other reports say Winks will go to Everton as part of the Richlarison deal. Of course, it all seems natural to me, since I am an American and we trade players like cigarettes, but when was the last time it actually happened here?

Jim Melrose for Tommy English.

Thant's presumably why it never happened again.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

When Tielemans first arrived here it was as part of the lesser spotted loan swap deal with Adrien Silva going the other way