Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Transfer fees have, in the main, plunged in the last 12 months.

FFP on salaries is coming in.

I'd have thought every club outside the big six will be looking to reduce salaries, not sure how many average players will be commanding £80k per week from here on in.

Albrighton won the PL and FA Cup, Walsh won .....?

Play offs, defender, goal scorer. I would say Walsh was more pivotal to the success we did have than albrighton. Not doing his achievements down, just in a comparison...

3 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Play offs, defender, goal scorer. I would say Walsh was more pivotal to the success we did have than albrighton. Not doing his achievements down, just in a comparison...

Much as I loved that period and the regular visits to our second home Wembley, it doesn't come close to what Albrighton achieved, PL Champion, FA Cup winner and I believe he chipped in witha CL goal.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Much as I loved that period and the regular visits to our second Wembley, it doesn't come close to what Albrighton achieved, PL Champion, FA Cup winner and I believe he chipped in witha CL goal.

Scored the club’s first ever CL goal and scored the goal to seal the quarter finals of the champions league. Not bad for a Villa reject 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

Winks is the kind of player a newly promoted team sign.

And subsequently get relegated.

Got BRs grubby little fingers all over this rumour i think. He loved Joe Allen and Winks is a very similar player. 

20 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

This Tielemans saga is really going to fvck up our transfers this year ...  :angry:

Flog Iheanacho and Soyuncu and everything will look better.

Choudhury, Praet, Perez, Mendy etc a few of thse will leave which may not raise much but will free up money for salaries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Flog Iheanacho and Soyuncu and everything will look better.

Choudhury, Praet, Perez, Mendy etc a few of thse will leave which may not raise much but will free up money for salaries.

Hmmmm ….   :mellow:

4 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

As much as I love albrighton (and struggle to forgive Walsh for joining cov), Albrighton ain't even in the same ballpark as walshy.

Vardy probably surpasses them all but maybe due to my age, walshy was Leicester city. (As is Vardy now, I guess - don't mind me, move on, nothing to see here)

I really wasn’t trying to compare them in term of ability. Just that I’d consider them both cult heroes for similar reasons and in a similar category of cult hero. That is different to say the Ormondroyd type cult hero, who was maybe a bit crap if we’re honest, but tried hard and was likeable and the Steve Claridge type cult hero who wasn’t here for long but scored massive goals.

I disagree with your assessment and feel like Albrighton’s goal vs Sevilla is just as iconic as Walsh’s goal vs Derby. But that wasn’t really the point of my post, I was just saying they belonged to the same category and are cult heroes for similar reasons, not that one was higher within that category than the other.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Torten said:

Scored the club’s first ever CL goal and scored the goal to seal the quarter finals of the champions league. Not bad for a Villa reject 

This discussion is so heavily skewed. 

The two players virtually played for different clubs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

This Tielemans saga is really going to fvck up our transfers this year ...  :angry:

No it won’t lots of irons in the fire on exits and incomings irrespective !

Expect movement when he has returned for preseason be it a move or signing a new deal!

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Nannypig7 said:

Would love to know whats actually going on

I think the Arsenal situation is that either he’s their second choice so they’re waiting until 1st choice says no or they’re thinking the later in the summer it goes before bidding the lower the price we’d take (I’m not saying I agree with that logic).

I’d say to Youri, if they really want you why have they not put an offer (transfer fee) in? 

14 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Ben Jacobs hasn't got a clue. He built his rep on reporting about the Abramovich ownership drama and for some reason started doing transfers as well. 

So far he's not been first to report anything

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Have a terrible feeling we are going to lose Tielemans late in the window and either not sign a replacement or end up panicking and signing a rotter 

I can't believe that. He is 3/4 of the way out the door. We aren't going to ignore our targets knowing this is the most likely outcome. The way it is now, having a replacement signed strengthens the club's hand, since Arse/ManU/Tot know we don't need cash to buy, and he knows he could end up benched 

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

Have a terrible feeling we are going to lose Tielemans late in the window and either not sign a replacement or end up panicking and signing a rotter 

It’s just a short jaunt up the M1 for ‘Winksy’ don’t worry.