Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment... The UK is one of the biggest exporters of weapons in the world (to regimes we deem 'friendly').  We are at least partly responsible for huge numbers of deaths, including civilian deaths, in the Middle East - particularly in Iraq where we were involved in what was quite clearly an illegal war based on a dodgy dossier.  Let's face it as someone pointed out in an article elsewhere even the Premier League's main sponsor Barclays historically financed the Nazi party and accepted cash deposits of money stolen from those the Nazi's murdered.  I am sure the new owners of Newcastle are a very unpleasant bunch of b@stards but I do think we need to be very careful about throwing stones when we live in a glass house.  

And, whilst not particularly pertinent to a thread about Youri I do not believe there is one single tiny thing about the bloke, his performances, his potential transfer or non transfer, his gran, his favourite cob filling etc. that has not been discussed and analysed here in exquisite detail and I can add nothing to that debate!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I completely agree but just because the British government does or did some reprehensible things, it doesn't mean we can't be critical about what others do as well. We can be critical of both. For example, we can criticise the US Supreme Court for overturning Roe vs Wade and criticise Boris Johnson for breaking the law with his lockdown parties.

We can and should be critical of the Saudis for bombing civilians and we can and should be critical of our government for selling weapons to them.

London's a great cultural centre with a thriving food scene and mountains of history that would take several lifetimes be explored and discovered. It's also a corrupt cesspool of dirty money.

We shouldn't not call out the bullsh!t that goes on abroad because we're afraid of other people calling out what's wrong with our country. We should be agreeing and trying to fix the crap things about our own nation. In fact, to be critical of one's own country is probably among the most patriotic things you can do, in my opinion, as you're admitting it's nowhere near perfect but you want to make it a better place.

I agree almost entirely my old son 👏.  I am simply wary of trying to take the moral high ground on such matters.  I suppose really I just find it hard to get too exorcised by the dodgy ownership of one football club when the whole place is a fvcking disgrace.  But then I am a jaded, miserable old git - don't mind me.    

• Like 1

Maybe it's time this thread was temporarily locked until there's a shred of evidence that something concrete is actually happening to his status.

I'm no innocent when it comes to going off-topic, but these discussions regarding immoral regimes and their activities belong in General Chat or other football related topics.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, filbertway said:

Will be a shock to the system if Youri joins Newcastle, Eddie Howe will probably insist that Youri spends most of his time in the oppositions half creating chances and doing what he does best.

At least that would keep him out of the Newcastle area, thus preventing him doing what he does best!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Maybe it's time this thread was temporarily locked until there's a shred of evidence that something concrete is actually happening to his status.

I'm no innocent when it comes to going off-topic, but these discussions regarding immoral regimes and their activities belong in General Chat or other football related topics.

Tbf might as well lock every thread in the transfer forum as there's bugger all happening with anything 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

I agree almost entirely my old son 👏.  I am simply wary of trying to take the moral high ground on such matters.  I suppose really I just find it hard to get too exorcised by the dodgy ownership of one football club when the whole place is a fvcking disgrace.  But then I am a jaded, miserable old git - don't mind me.    

Haha, I know what you mean :thumbup:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’d be amazed if Newcastle saw his performance at SJP last season and thought we want him. I love Youri to bits but his game that day exposed his weaknesses 

Do the teams that look into transfer dealings only go to home games?

• Like 3

To be completely honest, I just want him gone !!

He is a lovely football player & a pleasure to watch when he is on his game but I'm tired of the drama.

It can't be easy for the club not knowing if they need to replace him or how much money they can spend .

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I disagree. More than likely they’ll finish above us imo. 

I’m not sure there’s a guarantee either way. As always there’s about 7-10 teams capable of fighting it out with the entitled 6. 

Not sure anyone can say with confidence where we will sit amongst that. 

I think Newcastle have actually done good business. Not what i expected at all but they’ve gone for the right type of players. 

I wouldn’t want to be everton this season because the relegation fight is going to be hot and arguably they will be the only team going into the season weaker (other than potentially us :’( ) 

10 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

The two things aren't mutually exclusive at all. The Saudi government and the crimes they commit wouldn't exist and can't exist without the support of the USA and Britain. We can hate Newcastle and their ownership and also the crimes of our state without any hypocrisy because they're part of the same bloc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Terms agreed personally with Arsenal but there’s not been an official offer in for him to the club. How is that even possible?

Because agents exist outside the strictures of the transfer window, registration window and more importantly, the club under which the player has a contract.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because agents exist outside the strictures of the transfer window, registration window and more importantly, the club under which the player has a contract.

Why did I always think that stuff like that was illegal? Like surely you would have to make an official approach, for that to be accepted before you could even speak regarding terms with somebody’s representatives?

Edited by buzzer_b

7 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Why did I always think that stuff like that was illegal? Like surely you would have to make an official approach, for that to be accepted before you could even speak regarding terms with somebody’s representatives?

Yeah, I also got the impression it was too tbh. It seems now to be not true at all.  :dunno:
Not saying it’s right and agents can be a blight, but…

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

To be completely honest, I just want him gone !!

He is a lovely football player & a pleasure to watch when he is on his game but I'm tired of the drama.

It can't be easy for the club not knowing if they need to replace him or how much money they can spend .

He needs to be given a ultimation with a strict timeframe, sign or leave now. Otherwise we will se him leave in the last 24 hours for peanuts

• Haha 2