Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, I also got the impression it was too tbh. It seems now to be not true at all.  :dunno:
Not saying it’s right and agents can be a blight, but…

Just seems dodgy to me if that is the case. I thought speaking and agreeing certain terms behind closed doors and behind clubs back was classed as being ‘tapped up’?

5 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

He needs to be given a ultimation with a strict timeframe, sign or leave now. Otherwise we will se him leave in the last 24 hours for peanuts

With the greatest of respect to all concerned most of the drama is manufactured in this forum.  As others have said an ultimatum to what purpose?

I'm doing neither. 

Errr, right in that case we'll... Do nothing. 

If he stays he plays and hopefully plays well.  If he goes or signs again it'll be to his timescales.  Frustrating, very frustrating but that's just the way it goes.  

There is no weaker strategic move than a threat with no teeth.

I want Rudkin to book a lovely meal for two, flowers, chocolates and a nice bottle of wine.  Woo the man, use your charms Rudders and the art of persuasion to sign him up to an extension.    

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

He needs to be given a ultimation with a strict timeframe, sign or leave now. Otherwise we will se him leave in the last 24 hours for peanuts

On the leave front, there is another variable which is a club to make an offer. Said clubs could wait till the last day of the window to do that. Ultimatums don't achieve anything im afraid. We are just going to have to be patient im afraid, and respect the fact that he is still on holiday.

47 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, I also got the impression it was too tbh. It seems now to be not true at all.  :dunno:
Not saying it’s right and agents can be a blight, but…

Also depends it is possible that because of Youri’s contract situation we had given him permission to talk to other clubs to try to speed the process along. In that case it is allowed.

….

But it could also be the media making up fake stories/ agent talk as they often do and none of it is true

We must be in serious financial trouble if we are relying on this one transfer fee to finance

the rebuild

Our problems are down to really poor windows and over inflated wages.

Let's not expect this transfer to be the solution to sorting out the problems caused by the dross signed last year.

• Like 2

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

Also depends it is possible that because of Youri’s contract situation we had given him permission to talk to other clubs to try to speed the process along. In that case it is allowed.

….

But it could also be the media making up fake stories/ agent talk as they often do and none of it is true

Scandalous, I have never heard of such a thing from our reputable media.  :mellow:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Everyone gets tapped up these days. Usually agent is spoken to first to guage interest. It's fairly standard and I don't really know why we have this charade of it being "against the rules". 

Indeed, people can have a chat to sound out interest etc etc. Nothing illegal, immoral or fattening in that. People are being naive if they don't think it happens. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

With the greatest of respect to all concerned most of the drama is manufactured in this forum.  As others have said an ultimatum to what purpose?

I'm doing neither. 

If he stays he plays and hopefully plays well.  If he goes or signs again it'll be to his timescales.  Frustrating, very frustrating but that's just the way it goes.  

I want Rudkin to book a lovely meal for two, flowers, chocolates and a nice bottle of wine.  Woo the man, use your charms Rudders and the art of persuasion to sign him up to an extension.    

Slight bit of tosh is this post, in the kindest of ways. 

I agree that we should now be giving him an ultimatum because our transfer window and next season has always depended on it.

That said, it's our clubs fault for not dealing with this 2no years ago I.e. tying him to another contract and if he were to refuse then tell him he's gone. 

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Slight bit of tosh is this post, in the kindest of ways. 

I agree that we should now be giving him an ultimatum because our transfer window and next season has always depended on it.

That said, it's our clubs fault for not dealing with this 2no years ago I.e. tying him to another contract and if he were to refuse then tell him he's gone. 

Ultimatum to what end?  We will not bench him if he stays and runs down his contract (unless he plays poorly).  Do you think we will?  Really?  

If you do then fair enough but I think you're wrong. 

The only tosh was claiming Rudkin has some charm but that was, of course, tongue in cheek.  

I agree on the last paragraph but perhaps this is the way football is heading with players running down contracts.  I hope not. 

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Why did I always think that stuff like that was illegal? Like surely you would have to make an official approach, for that to be accepted before you could even speak regarding terms with somebody’s representatives?

....it was always stated that no approaches could be made to a player without getting the consent of the players club!!!

That was probably people burying their head in the sands as unofficially approaching a player is easy, International duties come to mind and agents do speak to each other. For clubs, the real problem would be meeting the asking price as the agents would be aware if the player was open to the move, otherwise, clubs would be put in a position where they are making offers and the player has no intention of going there.

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Ultimatum to what end?  We will not bench him if he stays and runs down his contract (unless he plays poorly).  Do you think we will?  Really?  

If you do then fair enough but I think you're wrong. 

The only tosh was claiming Rudkin has some charm but that was, of course, tongue in cheek.  

I agree on the last paragraph but perhaps this is the way football is heading with players running down contracts.  I hope not. 

I understand your point. 

But we've been through many seasons of buying players late, who still sit here at the club taking their salarys. That's not their fault, it's ours. It's our fault because we keep mis managing our transfer windows with an inept ability to shift them on. 

In a nutshell it really is as simple as telling players to move in. It's only the minority of players that dig their heels in and let's face it, we don't exactly want them playing for us do we. 

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I understand your point. 

But we've been through many seasons of buying players late, who still sit here at the club taking their salarys. That's not their fault, it's ours. It's our fault because we keep mis managing our transfer windows with an inept ability to shift them on. 

In a nutshell it really is as simple as telling players to move in. It's only the minority of players that dig their heels in and let's face it, we don't exactly want them playing for us do we. 

Maybe it's not quite as easy as you think. You can't sell without a buyer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

I understand your point. 

Generally no we don't.  

However, I do think if he stays Youri is professional enough to give his all for the club.  Which is a small concillation. 

He had a poor, poor season of course so if we sell him that's fine by me, if he signs an extension I'll be happy with that as think we'll see him back to his best 🤞.  Going for free is the worst of all worlds but I'd rather he did that after giving us one last good season than moping on the bench.  

Just my take on it. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’d be amazed if Newcastle saw his performance at SJP last season and thought we want him. I love Youri to bits but his game that day exposed his weaknesses 

Hasn't he got about 4 goals against them in the time he's been here? 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

I'm doing neither. 

....just tell him we will not entertain a deal after the 15th of this month!!!

If a request comes in then we will refuse to entertain it, he will have to put in a request if it is so vital for him to leave or he will have to buy his contract out. We are not in control of this and we should be ahead of this situation as we look weak. His final decision may be to stay for the last season so we are going to lose any fee from him going, in that respect, we have nothing to lose.

You never know, if we push up the price as it is so late in the window, we might just get a better deal. We really have nothing to lose in this situation.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....just tell him we will not entertain a deal after the 15th of this month!!!

If a request comes in then we will refuse to entertain it, he will have to put in a request if it is so vital for him to leave or he will have to buy his contract out. We are not in control of this and we should be ahead of this situation as we look weak. His final decision may be to stay for the last season so we are going to lose any fee from him going, in that respect, we have nothing to lose.

You never know, if we push up the price as it is so late in the window, we might just get a better deal. We really have nothing to lose in this situation.

Now let me see if I understand your suggested tactic.

If an offer does come in after the 15th we don't accept it and inevitably see him leave for free at the end of the season.  That's called cutting off your nose to spite your face I believe.  

Or he puts in a request and we accept it.  

That's about the weakest ass negotiating position I've ever heard.

If that's getting ahead of the situation you can leave me behind thanks.  

Oh FFS I've been drawn in to the circular, futile debate about Tielemans and I've nobody to blame but myself. 

I'm out.   

17 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Now let me see if I understand your suggested tactic.

If an offer does come in after the 15th we don't accept it and inevitably see him leave for free at the end of the season.  That's called cutting off your nose to spite your face I believe.  

Or he puts in a request and we accept it.  

That's about the weakest ass negotiating position I've ever heard.

If that's getting ahead of the situation you can leave me behind thanks.  

Oh FFS I've been drawn in to the circular, futile debate about Tielemans and I've nobody to blame but myself. 

I'm out.   

...if he puts in a request we are then no longer obligated to pay him a loyalty fee!!!

He will have to buy himself out of the contract in order to leave the club, we save ourselves some money in both instances. We set a precedent that we are not going to find ourselves in this situation again, and agents and players will know where we stand and what we are not prepared to accept.

We have nothing to lose in this situation because the chances are he is walking away for free next season. We have a season coming up and we need to have this team sorted and know what position we need to fill and how we will look to play.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
29 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Who ever signs him will realise that he is OK but massively over rated.

On his day he's terrific but he's as off it as he is on it.

He's also ****ing slow and if we can replace him with some legs and free up madders then we're on.

2 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Why did I always think that stuff like that was illegal? Like surely you would have to make an official approach, for that to be accepted before you could even speak regarding terms with somebody’s representatives?

It is illegal but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. 

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Everyone gets tapped up these days. Usually agent is spoken to first to guage interest. It's fairly standard and I don't really know why we have this charade of it being "against the rules". 

It’s definitely against the rules but like I say that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. 

2 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

everyone in the football world knows a friend  of a friend of a friend so that terms can be ‘discussed’ without the two sides ever officially   meeting.

• Like 1