Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

On his day he's terrific but he's as off it as he is on it.

He's also ****ing slow and if we can replace him with some legs and free up madders then we're on.

Agreed. I can think of at least 4 goals that he has been to blame for by being outpaced, one of them whilst playing for Belgium against Italy.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Tbf might as well lock every thread in the transfer forum as there's bugger all happening with anything 😂

True. I can hear the tumbleweed rustling through the deserted corridors of FT head office. lol

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Your right I take it all back the media always tells the truth and definitely never make stuff up for clicks/views 😀

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It is illegal but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It is illegal but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. 

Additionally there is an army of ex footballers who are now pundits for newspapers, they are paid for stories and I suspect 99% are mostly made-up 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hasn't he got about 4 goals against them in the time he's been here? 😂😂

Yeah, but firstly that’s a different Newcastle team to the one we have now. Scouting game is as much about assessing weaknesses as it is positives. 

6 minutes ago, TommyK said:

What would be illegal about on agent talking to another agent? 

This whole tapping up nonsense happens on literally every transfer. It's what agents are for. 

We’ve more than likely approved the talks as well lol 

4 minutes ago, TommyK said:

What would be illegal about on agent talking to another agent? 

This whole tapping up nonsense happens on literally every transfer. It's what agents are for. 

Clubs also use agents to try and get a player out of a club. It’s not just a player who uses an agent. 

with shortened transfer windows, it’s actually vital that clubs have personal terms in place before they try and extract a player from a club. imagine how difficult it would be to agree a complex fee with a selling club and then find that personal terms are the. an issue or that a player doesn’t want to join you.  Clubs are not allowed to approach players directly without the permission of the selling club.

Imagine if they were and you saw youri wandering around Arsenal’s training ground whilst we are still paying his wages! 

the system as it currently exists is ok - of course it could do with a bit of adjustment re agents activities when it’s purely designed to upset players and clubs. However, nothing is perfect. 

17 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Wish he'd just p*ss off now! Get the fee in the Bank so we can buy someone who actually wants to wear the shirt!!

R u sure he hates playing for us ?  I expect he is just doing his job as all professional sportsmen should. Their priority is their family as it is for the vast majority of all of us. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

R u sure he hates playing for us ?  I expect he is just doing his job as all professional sportsmen should. Their priority is their family as it is for the vast majority of all of us. 

I thought his attitude stunk last season to be honest!...

Half-hearted performances for pretty much most of it!  Should have been benched for at least the last half dozen of games and given Alves or Braybrooke game time.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I thought his attitude stunk last season to be honest!...

Half-hearted performances for pretty much most of it!  Should have been benched for at least the last half dozen of games and given Alves or Braybrooke game time.

Cmon mate, you could hurl the same accusation at many of the players last season. 
It was just a very up and down campaign. 

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Cmon mate, you could hurl the same accusation at many of the players last season. 

Tielemans stood out for me as just not wanting to play for us anymore!...he knew it was going to be his last season and he put in a hell of a lot of half-hearted performances. Sorry, but I thought he was just totally unprofessional.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No Col! Youri is the devil and he's continually disrespected the club despite there being no quotes to suggest he's done so. And it's his fault that Lord Brendan decided to play him every single minute of every game in his dynamic attacking system 

Guest Col city fan

Anyone still itching to get rid of Tielemans this summer, just watch how many goals he scored, assists he made and just his general build up play in this vid of 20/21 goals.

We will sorely miss Youri

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Tielemans stood out for me as just not wanting to play for us anymore!...he knew it was going to be his last season and he put in a hell of a lot of half-hearted performances. Sorry, but I thought he was just totally unprofessional.

Just because a player is off form doesn't mean he is not trying. Youri has an easy, languid style which is easy on the eye when he's playing well, but also gives the optical illusion of a lack of effort when not playing well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As previously said. Youri ill stay for another season.

Tops here for a reason at minute, the next two weeks will see movement!  Lookman will be first in, Hama will probably be first out, then Perez

• Like 2

The  issue isn’t Youri’s ability- we know how good he is… it isn’t even his commitment- he’s not gone bleating to the media or set up camp in an airport… 

The issue is the uncertainty. He’s such an integral part of the team that we need to know if he’s going to be here or not, ideally, before pre season starts.  A decision just needs to be made and whatever way that decision goes, it doesn’t have to be about ability or commitment..

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Anyone still itching to get rid of Tielemans this summer, just watch how many goals he scored, assists he made and just his general build up play in this vid of 20/21 goals.

We will sorely miss Youri

If you watched the same footage for the following year he didn't contribute a similar or assist or goal from open play in 22.

He was very good in 20/21, and very poor in 21/22. Well move on from him fine.