Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Considering how awful everyone on here seems to think he was, he is still our best passer of the ball and one of our most creative players. His numbers for last season were still pretty solid, just by the end of the season he looked completely shot. There can’t be many players that played more games than him last season. I saw a stat recently that showed he’s played about the same amount of games as an average 34 year old player so I think we do need to treat him differently. By the end of the season he was playing poorly, giving possession away cheaply and giving away goals. But let’s not kid ourselves, he’s one of the best players in the team and one of the best Leicester players of all time. If he goes he will be missed and hard to replace.

That’s a lot of words when apparently ‘he’s sh1t’ will suffice 

its simple - if we don’t have him then we need someone to play his role or we have to change our way of playing. He’s our tempo player. His lack of sharpness last season probably explains our lack of tempo last season. 
we don’t have anyone here who can do that (braybrooke possibly could in a couple of years )

if he would give us another two seasons then we maybe don’t need to replace him or change anything. 

Edited by st albans fox

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s a lot of words when apparently ‘he’s sh1t’ will suffice 

its simple - if we don’t have him then we need someone to play his role or we have to change our way of playing. He’s our tempo player. His lack of sharpness last season probably explains our lack of tempo last season. 
we don’t have anyone here who can do that (braybrooke possibly could in a couple of years )

if he would give us another two seasons then we maybe don’t need to replace him or change anything. 

Exactly, there's several reasons why we went from mid table to top 5 and Tielemans ability to break the lines was a significant factor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Yeah because players that want bigger moves, deliberately play crap…And in the process know fans will be pissed off, but hey we all like getting boo’s right?

he had a poor season compared to his high standards but fans like you need to stop blaming it on an attitude thing. 

Don’t think he played crap on purpose. I think his head was gone. He was just marking out time to his Big move. If he goes to Newcastle. Well, fuch me. 🤣

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Considering how awful everyone on here seems to think he was, he is still our best passer of the ball and one of our most creative players. His numbers for last season were still pretty solid, just by the end of the season he looked completely shot. There can’t be many players that played more games than him last season. I saw a stat recently that showed he’s played about the same amount of games as an average 34 year old player so I think we do need to treat him differently. By the end of the season he was playing poorly, giving possession away cheaply and giving away goals. But let’s not kid ourselves, he’s one of the best players in the team and one of the best Leicester players of all time. If he goes he will be missed and hard to replace.

‘One of the best Leicester players of all time’ , do me a favour.On his day a superb player, just not had many days in recent times and needs moving on for both parties concerned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Don’t think he played crap on purpose. I think his head was gone. He was just marking out time to his Big move. If he goes to Newcastle. Well, fuch me. 🤣

Could happen but it would be a strange move for him at a decent point of his career. The draw of Newcastle is essentially the long term project and money.

They wont qualify for Europe for at least a couple of seasons and unlikely to get into the champions league for the 3-4. So the reality is it only suits players who are of top 8 quality (no better) at their peak, young promising players and seasoned pros in their twilight who have done it all. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ian S said:

‘One of the best Leicester players of all time’ , do me a favour.On his day a superb player, just not had many days in recent times and needs moving on for both parties concerned.

For me he comfortably is one of the best (he’d be in my top 15 for sure). His level of ability is one of the highest we’ve had, his influence and impact on games is vital to the way we play, and he has been instrumental in helping us achieve high table finishes and silverware, both of which we’ve rarely had in our history.

You can choose to deny it because you’re annoyed at him, but the facts are he is brilliant. That said, if an offer comes in for him we should consider it because a club of our size and financial backing can’t afford to make such losses on players.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

For me he comfortably is one of the best (he’d be in my top 15 for sure). His level of ability is one of the highest we’ve had, his influence and impact on games is vital to the way we play, and he has been instrumental in helping us achieve high table finishes and silverware, both of which we’ve rarely had in our history.

You can choose to deny it because you’re annoyed at him, but the facts are he is brilliant. That said, if an offer comes in for him we should consider it because a club of our size and financial backing can’t afford to make such losses on players.

It’s not a “fact”. It’s your opinion. 

personally I think it shows how “brilliant” he is by the level of interest shown in him…… just arsenal. He’s been a very good player for us but he’s not world class and is probably one of the least athletic midfielders I’ve ever seen. 

don’t get me wrong, he’s a good player for us but he isnt what some posters on here make out. People were genuinely saying he’s world class. That is mind boggling. 

Edited by frany104

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

personally I think it shows how “brilliant” he is by the level of interest shown in him…… just arsenal. He’s been a very good player for us but he’s not world class and is probably one of the least athletic midfielders I’ve ever seen. 

don’t get me wrong, he’s a good player for us but he isnt what some posters on here make out. People were genuinely saying he’s world class. That is mind boggling. 

Yeah that might have come across as a bit arrogant but for me I can’t see how he isn’t brilliant. The contribution he’s made to us, as well as playing for Belgium has been significant. I agree he’s not world class for sure. 

It depends how you’re measuring athleticism. He’s definitely not quick, but he regularly runs in the top 2/3 for our team every game, and plays most of our games and for Belgium and is rarely injured, so overall I think it’s harsh to say he’s the least athletic. 

I think the limited interest in him is partly down to how much we’d want for him when his contract is up next summer. I also don’t think there’s a lot of clubs that are looking for a player like him. United clearly need a CDM but not one in the mould of Youri. No other prem teams except arsenal need a player like him, I just think there’s fewer options for him.

5 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

There’s a Twitter video of his performance against Everton, doing the rounds. I think we gloss over, just how bad he is some games.

Yeah and he was truly awful, and there were lots of games last season where he was bad. But you could easily make one of those compilations for Vardy. Less so this season because of injury but the a seasons before he’s had patches was he was woeful, missing lots of opportunities and giving the ball away. Same with madders, people hated him on here last summer, and now they love him again. Everyone has bad games, and it’s easy to make them look worse when you just choose a few highlights from a bad game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Prime Youri would easily be pushing for a slot in our all time XI come on. Him from 19/20 and 15/16 Kante would be pretty much head and shoulders above anyone else. 

• Like 3

I think the ships sailed with regards to him moving on now. 

We’ve got to consider our replacement, even if we have one lined up, that’s another club in a similar position to us. To replace a player of Youri’s quality requires quality, and they are likely to be a key player for their current team. So this late in the window means it’s going to be more and more difficult to replace him. 

This window could easily turn into a disaster, we can’t be scrambling around looking for a replacement only weeks prior to the first game.  I’m even doubting Cags leaving now, again unless we want to replace him with someone young who is now a first team player at the moment. 

Perhaps Lookman and a defender will be our only business. Which might not be a bad thing, I personally feel we work better as a club with a smaller team. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think the ships sailed with regards to him moving on now. 

We’ve got to consider our replacement, even if we have one lined up, that’s another club in a similar position to us. To replace a player of Youri’s quality requires quality, and they are likely to be a key player for their current team. So this late in the window means it’s going to be more and more difficult to replace him. 

This window could easily turn into a disaster, we can’t be scrambling around looking for a replacement only weeks prior to the first game.  I’m even doubting Cags leaving now, again unless we want to replace him with someone young who is now a first team player at the moment. 

Perhaps Lookman and a defender will be our only business. Which might not be a bad thing, I personally feel we work better as a club with a smaller team. 

Smaller team gets a few injuries like last season...

Great plan Baldrick!!

16 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I think we'll miss him badly when he's gone. I hope I'm wrong!

13 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Yeah and he was truly awful, and there were lots of games last season where he was bad. But you could easily make one of those compilations for Vardy. Less so this season because of injury but the a seasons before he’s had patches was he was woeful, missing lots of opportunities and giving the ball away. Same with madders, people hated him on here last summer, and now they love him again. Everyone has bad games, and it’s easy to make them look worse when you just choose a few highlights from a bad game.

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Prime Youri would easily be pushing for a slot in our all time XI come on. Him from 19/20 and 15/16 Kante would be pretty much head and shoulders above anyone else. 

I love Youri to death, and will applaud him when his name is announced if he plays against us, but truth be told, he just hasn't really reached that 19/20 form the past two seasons. The guy was solely responsible for more against us than for creating goals for us in 21-22, which is insane for an number 8 that plays pretty far forward. This is one of the reasons he can't find a Champions League team to take a chance on him.

Now, this many be due to fatigue, and if he stayed, playing just once a week, maybe he could get his stats back up. Don't know, and am beginning to not care. I spent last summer thinking "How will we survive without him?" and this summer, not so much.

32 minutes ago, frany104 said:

How do you know it’s just Arsenal?

If we sell him to Newcastle that is a big mistake.

They are going to overtake us in time due to their massive monetary advantage, but for the time being, there are going to be close rivals for the top 6th- 8th etc.  

Soon as Newcastle are linked you know its desperation to drum up interest. ‘Look this super rich club are going to buy my client… honest.’

With how cheap he is available for and no serious takers I can’t see him going this window. It would have been done by now especially as most other teams bar us are looking to make their key signings early. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If we sell him to Newcastle that is a big mistake.

They are going to overtake us in time due to their massive monetary advantage, but for the time being, there are going to be close rivals for the top 6th- 8th etc.  

I would be amazed if he ends up at Newcastle.  Surely he wants European football Newcastle cant offer him that yet.  Only, time will tell unless they offer us stupid money.