Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

17 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Smaller team gets a few injuries like last season...

Great plan Baldrick!!

Do they? How many injuries did we rack up in the title winning season? 

It’s not the squad size that contributes to injuries, it’s the relentless fixtures that contribute. 

We don’t have any European football this season, which could be a godsend in reality. There are plenty of teams who operate with small squads, West Ham managed it last season. Less games enables better recovery times, you only need a deep squad if you have European football and compete on all fronts, otherwise it’s too many bodies to keep happy.

If we sign no one, and lose some fringe players, I’d still be willing to Chuck a tenner on us finishing top 6.  

• Like 1

120 pages now. Is there actually any credible news on this?….or is this a case of a thread marching on full of twaddle towards becoming a Maynard with f-all substance?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

120 pages now. Is there actually any credible news on this?….or is this a case of a thread marching on full of twaddle towards becoming a Maynard with f-all substance?

You’ve just added it to the list 

7 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I would be amazed if he ends up at Newcastle.  Surely he wants European football Newcastle cant offer him that yet.  Only, time will tell unless they offer us stupid money.

I agree but sometimes money talks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree but sometimes money talks!

I am sitting in my very lonely corner,trying to get some response & communicate with all my piles of banknotes & clinking coins...

I told them some jokes, explained where I would take them on holidays & day trips....If they were good, exchange them for other exotic rates..

The arrogant bastards just layed there & didn't utter one coaxing-financial-motivating  word...!!  :bounce:

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Dames said:

Soon as Newcastle are linked you know its desperation to drum up interest. ‘Look this super rich club are going to buy my client… honest.’

With how cheap he is available for and no serious takers I can’t see him going this window. It would have been done by now especially as most other teams bar us are looking to make their key signings early. 

I'm surprised at the lack of interest.

Even if someone comes in late, he'd know they weren't all that bothered about getting him. not a great way to move to a new team.

He has always said he wasn't desperate to move but wanted to see what other options were available, well it doesn't look there are many better ones that us.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

You know this is foxes talk right? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Prime Youri would easily be pushing for a slot in our all time XI come on. Him from 19/20 and 15/16 Kante would be pretty much head and shoulders above anyone else. 

Prime Youri, how often did we see that?. I am still amazed how blinkered some people are to his performances.

He gave me one of the best moments of my life but words being bandied about like brilliant and all time great are just so OTT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

For me he comfortably is one of the best (he’d be in my top 15 for sure). His level of ability is one of the highest we’ve had, his influence and impact on games is vital to the way we play, and he has been instrumental in helping us achieve high table finishes and silverware, both of which we’ve rarely had in our history.

You can choose to deny it because you’re annoyed at him, but the facts are he is brilliant. That said, if an offer comes in for him we should consider it because a club of our size and financial backing can’t afford to make such losses on players.

‘The facts are he is brilliant’ . He just isn’t.

Not sure why you think I am annoyed at him, I am not. I am genuinely happy he is leaving, the only thing that might annoy me is the club throwing silly money( which he does not merit) at him and he signs an extension.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ian S said:

‘The facts are he is brilliant’ . He just isn’t.

Not sure why you think I am annoyed at him, I am not. I am genuinely happy he is leaving, the only thing that might annoy me is the club throwing silly money( which he does not merit) at him and he signs an extension.

I think i'd like him to sign a new contract solely just to piss you off at this rate

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

You’ve just added it to the list 

True. But at least I did not give an opinion on a situation I know f-all about.  

27 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Prime Youri, how often did we see that?. I am still amazed how blinkered some people are to his performances.

He gave me one of the best moments of my life but words being bandied about like brilliant and all time great are just so OTT.

But in an "all time XI" you're just judging people based on their ceilings surely? Who would you have in CM ahead of him with say Kante? 

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

2 and a half of the three and a half seasons I would say.

57 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Got to be honest, I thought he was good on loan, very average the season after, great the following and then poor this season. 

I'd like to keep him (presuming he wants to say) but I don't think I'm as enamoured as most. I'd put him on par with Drinkwater for us - Youri is definitely the better 'footballer' but I feel that Drinkwater offered much more defensively. Though maybe the stats would disagree, I haven't checked. 

Youri can play a mouthwatering pass, but he is often sloppy and it  costs us. That being said, I can't see us replacing him with better. 

Edited by Charl91

58 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He absolutely did not have a brilliant season in 19/20 though. Not saying he was shit, but he definitely wasn’t brilliant either. I remember a “Youri on loan. Youri this season.” meme doing the rounds all season.

While most were happy to say it was an adaptation season at the time it was definitely a bit disappointing after his loan spell and I definitely wouldn’t describe it as “brilliant”.

I think he’s had 1.5 excellent seasons in 3.5 seasons he’s had here. Then 1 okay season and 1 largely poor season overall.

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Conrad Logan's seen better days 

He's a DD cup now, Youri needs to put more effort in. In fairness to Logan to be serious for half a second, he played well and his distribution was spot on. It was a really good match against Lutterworth Town on Saturday. 

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

If we sell him to Newcastle that is a big mistake.

They are going to overtake us in time due to their massive monetary advantage, but for the time being, there are going to be close rivals for the top 6th- 8th etc.  

Suppose it depends on whether they are the only option of getting a reasonable fee or not, then it's a game of whether £20-25m is better than potentially enabling them to finish above us and missing out on Europe again etc.

We need funds long and short of it and Newcastle won't stop anyway.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 03/07/2022 at 14:30, Finnegan said:

YT has done nothing over the course of his career to indicate he'd move for money. He's always been very honest and open about his interest in moving for a project and sporting success. 

And there was me thinking his stint in Monaco was because of his love for art museums.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And there was me thinking his stint in Monaco was because of his love for art museums.

Get that tax free money in early so you can make the sporting choices later on.