Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Apparently it's between United and Arsenal. Hopefully we can drive it up a couple more million but figure seems to be around £30 million. 

It 'apparently' doesnt give me much trust in the 'apparent' legitimacy of this comment. #APPARENTLY #BSWORD #ALARMBELLS k thanks

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

It 'apparently' doesnt give me much trust in the 'apparent' legitimacy of this comment. #APPARENTLY #BSWORD #ALARMBELLS k thanks

Are you expecting a formal announcement to declare interest? 

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Are you expecting a formal announcement to declare interest? 

Until sky sports news has a breaking story or TOP/TAG has a picture with him giving cuddles and smiling, i aint believing anything

Edited by Simoken

35 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Until sky sports news has a breaking story or TOP/TAG has a picture with him giving cuddles and smiling, i aint believing anything

Then probably best to step away from the transfer section on here.

• Haha 1

I’ve assumed up until now that we’re not signing any players until we get some players out.

Is it possible that we’re not letting players go until we get players in? In YT’s case it may be worth letting him run his contract out rather than being left without a replacement. Could this Turkish bloke unlock our window? 

25 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

If he goes to Arsenal after they initially cooled interest then in the back of his mind somewhere he must realise he’s been brought in as desperation to cover for Partey’s potential absence. 

I don't think he'll care, this sort of thing happens all the time. The media report all sorts of mistruths. We wanted Fofana all of the summer of 2020 and didn't sign him until October, did we cool our interest? Did he worry we only came back for him and paid over the odds through desperation?

I'd be really disappointed if he'd leave for us to Arsenal. I'd accepted he'd move to the biggest names. 

I know a lot of his age group grow up following Arsenal as their English team so wonder if that has anything to do with it. 

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think he'll care, this sort of thing happens all the time. The media report all sorts of mistruths. We wanted Fofana all of the summer of 2020 and didn't sign him until October, did we cool our interest? Did he worry we only came back for him and paid over the odds through desperation?

They’ve let it drag on. Tielemans is an established international. Now Partey is allegedly ‘unavailable’ they’ve come running back. Not even a massive step from a footballing perspective. I’m not a big Arsenal or Arteta fan tbf 😂

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'd be really disappointed if he'd leave for us to Arsenal. I'd accepted he'd move to the biggest names. 

I know a lot of his age group grow up following Arsenal as their English team so wonder if that has anything to do with it. 

I am less fussed. I think he may see lack of Europe as a bit of a letdown, and fair play too him. I think he won't get the playing time he thinks he will, because Arsenal won't tolerate the lapses that happened last season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's exactly what you point out though he would have been 7 during the Arsenal unbeaten season so he probably has positive memories of watching Arsenal as a young kid.  They were a champions league side every season up until he was 20 and already a professional. He may well have followed Arsenal as a youngster. It's London, a big stadium. We came from nowhere and shook everything up completely out of the blue. Then even after that narrowly missed out on Champions league football twice but look at how our transfer business is looking if he stays and look at Arsenal’s.  We are still punching above our weight and without moving on some players and refreshing the squad put yourself in his shoes and look who is most likely to finish higher this season because if we don't pull our finger out soon it doesn't look like it will be us. 

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

We can’t compete with teams like Arsenal despite the massive strides we’ve taken over the last 20 years. The point was illustrated when Kante walked out of the PL winning side to join a club who hadn’t even qualified for the Champions League. 

These are old stats, but the point is the same. 

81226339-EC81-4905-9F32-9437CED59E12.jpeg

5 hours ago, Simoken said:

Man u arent interested until sky sports start photo shopping him into their kit 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

We can’t compete with teams like Arsenal despite the massive strides we’ve taken over the last 20 years. The point was illustrated when Kante walked out of the PL winning side to join a club who hadn’t even qualified for the Champions League. 

I think your comment still stands about tielemans, and the liking to kante, but I do think we've grown since our one off title and are now hopefully regular Europe contenders, with a one off blip (rather than it being the end of our purple patch 😔)

I'm still hopeful even without transfers, it would be disappointing with nothing much on the transfer front, but last season was unprecedented with injuries.

13 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I think it's not about us competing with Arsenal.  More the fact they are slightly  below top level . He's not winning leagues there or getting to Champs finals . It's easier to take if its Liverpool/ Man City or a big boy from abroad .

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

I think it's not about us competing with Arsenal.  More the fact they are slightly  below top level . He's not winning leagues there or getting to Champs finals . It's easier to take if its Liverpool/ Man City or a big boy from abroad .

Yep - probably shouldn't have included the Kante to Chelsea reference as it just adds confusion. 

Main point was - we ain't competing with Arsenal!!!!

No matter what some people believe 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Apparently it's between United and Arsenal. Hopefully we can drive it up a couple more million but figure seems to be around £30 million. 

It's crazy that we were demanding £60-80mil on here a year ago. 

We should've nailed this situation back then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

Should we be selling Maddison this summer then?

I personally don't think so. We'd miss him a hell of a lot more than Tielemans. I think it would be too much to ask to successfully replace both this summer and not struggle massively.