Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure if it's bollocks or not but someone pointed out on here we might have an option on the club's side to extend Madders' contract? If so less concerned. In either instance, we can't afford to lose both in the same window so it's straight up non negotiable. He's not going anywhere right now. 

Or we could say we will exercise  the 1 year extension on same money or you can have another 4 year contract at x more per week and hope that entices him to extend 

3 hours ago, StinckleyFox said:

I think people are looking past the fact that arsenal have the youngest average age in their starting 11. If youri was to go there now, in 2 years when they have more top flight experience and have grown together they will be a real top team. Players like martinelli, Saka, Smith-Rowe, Odegaard, Tomiyasu, Ramsdale, White these are all players that in 2-3 years will be levels above where they are now and currently would all be incredible additions to a team like ours. It really isnt a sideways move for Youri, it's a move that may see him in a similar league position this year but over the next few years they will be moving up the table. Sure they won't be competing with liverpool and city, but who will?

Not sure about that Arsene.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2022 at 11:40, StinckleyFox said:

Sorry are we not allowed to appreciate any players unless they play for Leicester?

The same Saka and Ramsdale who were two of their best players last year?

I will admit I don't watch arsenal a great deal but the few times I watched them Ramsdale was incredible, most notably against us!

Where have I said you can’t appreciate non-Leicester players? I think Arsenal get more credit than they deserve tbh. Ramsdale was the 3rd worst goalkeeper in The Premier League for goals prevented. Saka did alright but the stats don’t back up the level of hype he gets. 11 goals that’s all. They aren’t so way ahead of Leicester on the football pitch. How many current Arsenal players would you want in the Leicester team? Not many if the truth be told. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Arsenal now apparently going after Paqueta from Lyon

Looks their money box is running out and potentially losing Partey is going to hurt them.   May be Youri is out of their price range.

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Looks their money box is running out and potentially losing Partey is going to hurt them.   May be Youri is out of their price range.

Paqueta is expected to cost more than it would for Tielemans so I don’t think it is a question of money

But them seemingly shopping around for other players that would play the same kind of role as Tielemans is interesting

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Paqueta is more attacking than Tielemans IMO, I consider him more of a 10 than a box to box midfielder.

He was a lot more attacking this season and further forward, but last season he was a bit more box to box/deeper

When they already have Odegaard, Smith-Rowe, and now Vieira, I wouldn’t be surprised if they signed Paqueta if they played him in that “8” role

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Paqueta is more attacking than Tielemans IMO, I consider him more of a 10 than a box to box midfielder.

Youri is slow and not that physical.

Not just my opinion by the way.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, alanf0x said:

Gut feeling…will he stay or go?!

Stay I reckon.

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Stay I reckon.

Hope not unless he signs a new deal. Keeping him will prevent us from signing new players, which is fine if he signs a new deal as he won't need replacing, but if he doesn't and leaves on a free next year, then that seriously hurts our transfer plans for both this summer and next 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Hope not unless he signs a new deal. Keeping him will prevent us from signing new players, which is fine if he signs a new deal as he won't need replacing, but if he doesn't and leaves on a free next year, then that seriously hurts our transfer plans for both this summer and next 

I also think him staying will cause chaos internally not because he's toxic but because his hearts set on other places which is fine. We all know he wants out. And we know Rodgers won't stop playing him. When it's time to go it's time to go. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I also think him staying will cause chaos internally not because he's toxic but because his hearts set on other places which is fine. We all know he wants out. And we know Rodgers won't stop playing him. When it's time to go it's time to go. 

I've no issue with him wanting to leave as such, for "champions league football" as he's said. However, it seems no champions league clubs are interested in him at the moment, possibly because his form is very inconsistent, especially last season. So that leaves him in limbo a little. Does he stick 2 fingers up to us and just follow the money and join a non champions league club like Arsenal or Newcastle or does he run his contract down (also sticking 2 fingers up to us) and have his pick of clubs next summer on a free, whilst also having a huge pay day or does he show a little respect to us and sign a new deal for an extra year or 2 and have a reasonable release clause inserted? I highly doubt he'll choose the last option. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

....let us just get used to the worst-case scenario, he does not extend his contract and leaves at the end of next season!!!

We can't change any of this as whatever Youri wants is what is happening. By setting parameters we will have nothing to lose, £30m price tag, and the deal to be completed by the 15th of July. If they want him, come and get him, or they wait until next season to pick him up. If he wants to leave he needs to get a move on and forego any loyalty payments. All this impasse goes away and we stop this guessing game. 

We still hold his contract, we have to be brave enough to let him go for free to take any control of this.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....let us just get used to the worst-case scenario, he does not extend his contract and leaves at the end of next season!!!

We can't change any of this as whatever Youri wants is what is happening. By setting parameters we will have nothing to lose, £30m price tag, and the deal to be completed by the 15th of July. If they want him, come and get him, or they wait until next season to pick him up. If he wants to leave he needs to get a move on and forego any loyalty payments. All this impasse goes away and we stop this guessing game. 

We still hold his contract, we have to be brave enough to let him go for free to take any control of this.

Absolutely agree and if he's forced to stay and either sulks or puts in less than 100%, bench him. I'd sooner us play a 3 without him or start blooding some of our younger prospects. He can engineer his own way out of a world cup starting 11 through lack of game time and diminish his chances of a financially good move to a club in Europe or better prospects than ourselves. The choice is his really. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Completely agree. Make it be known that he wont be sold after a certain date, and also at a price we want, anything less will be turned down flat. If that means he goes for free next season, then so be it. 15th July sounds about right to me too. That should focus his mind and the minds of any club that wants to sign him. 

• Like 2

Rumours that De Jong wants to stay at Barcelona rather than join Man United. 

wouldn’t be surprised if they come in for Youri instead, in my opinion this would be great for us as potentially creates some tension in the market with Arsenal and maybe means we can get a bit more extra cash and bring this situation to a close 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Rumours that De Jong wants to stay at Barcelona rather than join Man United. 

wouldn’t be surprised if they come in for Youri instead, in my opinion this would be great for us as potentially creates some tension in the market with Arsenal and maybe means we can get a bit more extra cash and bring this situation to a close 

I just wish somebody would! We need the cash to buy somebody that actually wants to be here!

Sad to see Youri go, but I’d rather he go than sulk and play to half his ability. 

• Like 2