Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

17 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Rumours that De Jong wants to stay at Barcelona rather than join Man United. 

wouldn’t be surprised if they come in for Youri instead, in my opinion this would be great for us as potentially creates some tension in the market with Arsenal and maybe means we can get a bit more extra cash and bring this situation to a close 

Depends if we’re prepared to call their/his bluff on not selling below a certain fee. 

the player will have a preferred destination for sure 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hinckleyfox said:

What I genuinely can’t understand is why people are talking as if Youri has thrown his toys out of the pram? We all know he wasn’t at his best last year and his future probably did play a part in that as it would a lot of people, but he’s hardly engineering a move? He’s doing what he’s entitled to do and keeping his options open for when his contract expires. Sometimes I cant believe how salty our fan base is. 

We’d all rather this was done and dusted this window, in an ideal world we get a fee that is acceptable and he gets to go and play at his first choice. But its got to be agreeable for all parties. I’m sure Youri understands this, and id say the chances of him waiting in an airport on deadline day are pretty low?

Your absolutely right with the exception that in some people's eyes, sometimes his performances were less to do with a drop in form, which can happen to any player for a while, but more his demeanour and performances tended to seem more like a 'foot off the gas' attitude or a dip in effort at times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Rumours that De Jong wants to stay at Barcelona rather than join Man United. 

wouldn’t be surprised if they come in for Youri instead, in my opinion this would be great for us as potentially creates some tension in the market with Arsenal and maybe means we can get a bit more extra cash and bring this situation to a close 

Can definitely see Youri ending up at Yanited.

I think both Arsenal and / or Yanited will come in for Youri late and think they can steal him for £20m.

Hopefully we have our replacement lined up and we are good to go.

29 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Can definitely see Youri ending up at Yanited.

I think both Arsenal and / or Yanited will come in for Youri late and think they can steal him for £20m.

Hopefully we have our replacement lined up and we are good to go.

13 secs

evil-look-stare.gif

4 minutes ago, Jam orton said:

Is he due back at training this week ?

Weighing up his options.....times running out! 

Arsenal playing hardball...ManU playing hardball....Spurs seem abit interested.....no offers from Europe where does he go🤔

My advice if no one is keen on you, stay with Leicester...pull your socks up and sign an extension.

• Like 2

From my (albeit limited perspective) I can't go with the "we need the money from Your before we can buy". 

Yes knowing would help shape our transfers but not the money, especially given it'll likely be paid in stages.  

Seems to me he's everyone's 2nd or 3rd choice and he could be left at the altar looking a bit silly - especially if city then play hardball.

Whichever, I'm bored with the whole shooting match so won't be coming back...........until it goes hot again of course.

I think if we don't see some movement in the next 2 weeks, he's staying. I don't doubt he'll put in effort but I think the club should learn from this - if you buy a player over, say £10 million, don't let them go on a free. 

I know they've been burned by release clauses but that works both ways. Maybe set it so a final year a player has a release clause of 60% of the initial fee paid? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I think if we don't see some movement in the next 2 weeks, he's staying. I don't doubt he'll put in effort but I think the club should learn from this - if you buy a player over, say £10 million, don't let them go on a free. 

I know they've been burned by release clauses but that works both ways. Maybe set it so a final year a player has a release clause of 60% of the initial fee paid? 

The club have done everything to get an extension, and the press reporting suggests they've been close a few times. Missing out on CL for a 2nd season in a row was the dealbreaker. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

The club have done everything to get an extension, and the press reporting suggests they've been close a few times. Missing out on CL for a 2nd season in a row was the dealbreaker. 

I don't doubt it but we missed out on UCL a year ago. They should have known he wasn't going to stay and sold him last year.

As I said, hopefully it's a learning experience but I can see him going on a free and we'll slide down the table now. 

27 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yup, and that seems entirely fair enough. He is a Champions League player on his day. I really don't want to see him go to a domestic competitor, but if that means he gets what he wants and we get a good fee, I can accept it.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was quite unhappy with his drop off and perceived drop in effort last season. However, after a bit of time I think it's harsh to say he wasn't trying. He's played constantly since he was 16, at as high a level as he could get throughout that time. He must be utterly knackered, and possibly a bit fed up with having to cover other players again and again.

I'm not surprised he hasn't decided on his future yet. It's a big decision—could it be that he doesn't just want to leave us, but wants to do so for the right club? I would say yes, that is exactly it. Plus he's very family-oriented, so right now he is away from football, with his family. Why interrupt that when he knows it's going to be a long season + World Cup? Fair play to him, he's human, a husband and a father.

• Like 1

deep down we all know youri is class. As much as it doesn’t make sense for us… i personally would prefer to get nothing for him and not improve our rivals than get 25m for him to make arsenal, spurs or man u stronger. 

I think if he was free next year you’d see better clubs, ones that we can’t compete with, come in for him. 

but I know for our club like ours, that’s not an option. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed for an extension 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

deep down we all know youri is class. As much as it doesn’t make sense for us… i personally would prefer to get nothing for him and not improve our rivals than get 25m for him to make arsenal, spurs or man u stronger. 

I think if he was free next year you’d see better clubs, ones that we can’t compete with, come in for him. 

but I know for our club like ours, that’s not an option. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed for an extension 

Spot on 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

From my (albeit limited perspective) I can't go with the "we need the money from Your before we can buy". 

Yes knowing would help shape our transfers but not the money, especially given it'll likely be paid in stages.  

Seems to me he's everyone's 2nd or 3rd choice and he could be left at the altar looking a bit silly - especially if city then play hardball.

Whichever, I'm bored with the whole shooting match so won't be coming back...........until it goes hot again of course.

i dont think anyone is saying we need the money in that respect… but there’s  a wage allocation and squad limit the club don’t seem to want to go over… if we sign  5-6 players now and then can’t shift anyone we'll have smashed our wage bracket and will then be left with pros who’s cant get into our prem squad. And that would be money just going down the drain and I don’t imagine the club want to be doing that again..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

i dont think anyone is saying we need the money in that respect… but there’s  a wage allocation and squad limit the club don’t seem to want to go over… if we sign  5-6 players now and then can’t shift anyone we'll have smashed our wage bracket and will then be left with pros who’s cant get into our prem squad. And that would be money just going down the drain and I don’t imagine the club want to be doing that again..

Now that makes sense. Thank you

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
9 hours ago, Hinckleyfox said:

What I genuinely can’t understand is why people are talking as if Youri has thrown his toys out of the pram? We all know he wasn’t at his best last year and his future probably did play a part in that as it would a lot of people, but he’s hardly engineering a move? He’s doing what he’s entitled to do and keeping his options open for when his contract expires. Sometimes I cant believe how salty our fan base is. 

We’d all rather this was done and dusted this window, in an ideal world we get a fee that is acceptable and he gets to go and play at his first choice. But its got to be agreeable for all parties. I’m sure Youri understands this, and id say the chances of him waiting in an airport on deadline day are pretty low?

Nobody on here knows this.

It’s all supposition and assumption, aka Foxes Talk 

Tielemans doesn’t seem the type to ‘sulk’. I think, like most of them, he just had a very average season.

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

At last, some sense..

Tielemans is the most ‘class’ player Leicester have (together with Fofana). The thought of losing him when we have the squad we have is very disheartening.