Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

39 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Perhaps they don’t want him,  if you believe the pundits they have been checking him out for 12 months. I suspect there are no offers for him, which is a bit embarrassing ?

Can't fathom it out

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't fathom it out

If the player’s agent had assured me that he would come to my club then I would be hanging on as long as possible before bidding to try and shave whatever I could off the fee.  The club is in a weak position on YT but have hopefully set a deadline to youri and his agent which it will stick to whatever happens. 

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

At last, some sense..

Tielemans is the most ‘class’ player Leicester have (together with Fofana). The thought of losing him when we have the squad we have is very disheartening. 

Apparently you've all forgotten about Maddison. I couldn't give a toss about losing Tielemans. In a sense he's already gone. But if Maddison goes, then who's around to actually do some work and do it to the necessary standard. All I see of Tielemans is a halfhearted player who's interested more in his personal gain than committing himself to the team.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Apparently you've all forgotten about Maddison. I couldn't give a toss about losing Tielemans. In a sense he's already gone. But if Maddison goes, then who's around to actually do some work and do it to the necessary standard. All I see of Tielemans is a halfhearted player who's interested more in his personal gain than committing himself to the team.

9 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

130 pages of absolute tripe. 

Yep

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Maddison will be gone next season, along with Fofana. To keep players of their quality you have to be playing europeon football, because there will be other clubs out there who will be offering them just that, and sadly i can't see us even competing for Europe at the moment. We just dont have enough quality back up. Who is going to push Barnes if hes not at it, we have no one. Albrighton, bless him, is currently our only right winger! We can shove Maddison out there, and he done well last season, but hes not a winger, for me he should be the number 10. The 5 subs rule is not going to help us either, because we don't have the quality to bring on to the pitch, that you are going to be bringing off. This transfer window is crucial to us moving forward, and we have to get it right. If we don't, then our golden era will probably be over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

I never before heard so much of a russian roulette depressing comment about your own club before.. jesus. We just won an FA cup / Semi final in a  european cup competition / Charity Shield while having injuries and covid in the mix. Where has the realistic/logical thinking in this forum disapeared at.

Wait till we are actually in a relegation battle then talk about the golden era being over, clubs have high and low seasons. its football!

History waits for no man. You can celebrate the past but you don't live in it. Thats what clubs like Notts Forest and Leeds done, and look how long it took for them to get back to a level that is stil no where near their golden eras. We are where we are at the moment, and at the moment there is a danger we are going to be left behind by other clubs that are improving their squads. To have a chance of continuing our golden era, then we have to continue to improve.  If we don't  and we dont compete for Europe, we will inevitably lose our best players to those that can. 

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

At last, some sense..

Tielemans is the most ‘class’ player Leicester have (together with Fofana). The thought of losing him when we have the squad we have is very disheartening. 

It is disheartening, absolutely. Especially after such a poor season. However, there will always be (atleast) a level above us. Very few players will sign for this club as their "final" destination. We've built up a reputation (something we should be very proud of) where players who are not quite there yet can come here, win a trophy or two, challenge in Europe and make that step up. There is nothing wrong in that.

What is frustrating is that Youri, his agent and the club have balls this one up. Youri (with hindsight, granted) shouldve been sold last summer. There will always be players out there who can come in a replace Youri. This saga needs to end and the club will be far better off once it does, then they currently are. That's not putting any doubt on Youri's ability or his contribution to this club. Its just where we are in the food chain. Arguably we havent replaced Kante or Mahrez (both far better players than Tielemans) but we've done alright. 

3 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Maddison will be gone next season, along with Fofana. To keep players of their quality you have to be playing europeon football, because there will be other clubs out there who will be offering them just that, and sadly i can't see us even competing for Europe at the moment. We just dont have enough quality back up. Who is going to push Barnes if hes not at it, we have no one. Albrighton, bless him, is currently our only right winger! We can shove Maddison out there, and he done well last season, but hes not a winger, for me he should be the number 10. The 5 subs rule is not going to help us either, because we don't have the quality to bring on to the pitch, that you are going to be bringing off. This transfer window is crucial to us moving forward, and we have to get it right. If we don't, then our golden era will probably be over.

European football or no European football players like that will leave should a decent offer come in. Let us not delude ourselves that Maddison is going to turn down one of those big clubs offering to double his money and give him champions league football and a better chance of playing for England, just because we're kicking a ball about in some sub standard European competition. 

We need to get a winger in, we all know that. But in most other positions we're pretty strong in terms of cover as it stands, presuming we don't lose players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It is disheartening, absolutely. Especially after such a poor season. However, there will always be (atleast) a level above us. Very few players will sign for this club as their "final" destination. We've built up a reputation (something we should be very proud of) where players who are not quite there yet can come here, win a trophy or two, challenge in Europe and make that step up. There is nothing wrong in that.

What is frustrating is that Youri, his agent and the club have balls this one up. Youri (with hindsight, granted) shouldve been sold last summer. There will always be players out there who can come in a replace Youri. This saga needs to end and the club will be far better off once it does, then they currently are. That's not putting any doubt on Youri's ability or his contribution to this club. Its just where we are in the food chain. Arguably we havent replaced Kante or Mahrez (both far better players than Tielemans) but we've done alright. 

Am I supposed to be disheartened by Youri leaving or Youri not leaving?

https://talksport.com/football/1147441/

Manchester United have Leicester’s Youri Tielemans and Wolves star Ruben Neves on back-up list if Frenkie de Jong transfer from Barcelona collapses

Manchester United have two Premier League players on their back-up list should their move for Frenkie de Jong collapse, talkSPORT understands.

De Jong has been the Red Devils’ top target this summer with new boss Erik ten Hag keen to reunite with the former Ajax midfielder.

Contact has been going on between the Red Devils and Barcelona since mid-May, but little progress has been made.

Barca were initially keen to sell and get De Jong off their books amid their financial difficulties.

However, problems emerged with the Catalan club owing the midfielder around £17million in deferred wages, with an agreement over a fee proving difficult to solve.

Barcelona’s president, Joan Laporta, then made public statements that they had no intention to sell.

talkSPORT’s Alex Crook reports that the Red Devils have a contingency plan should they not land De Jong.

He said: “I think they should probably walk away sooner, to be honest, bearing in mind the first contact between Manchester United and Barcelona was the middle of May – we are almost in the middle of July.

“This is a ridiculous situation. It has been a saga for too long. Either it’s going to happen or it’s not.

“I know Manchester United have a back-up list. Youri Tielemans is on that list, as I understand it, as is Ruben Neves from Wolves.

“I would call Barcelona’s bluff now and say ‘either you sell him to us, or we will pay the same money and sign Ruben Neves’. He’s a player who is proven in the Premier League.”

Leicester star Tielemans has been a target for Premier League rivals Arsenal and could be available for between £30million to £35m due to him being in the final year of his contract.

Neves has been on United’s radar for some time and the Wolves man could be available for around £50m.

Brendan should be forcing Tielemans to make a choice, either stay or be sold, asap. We could end up on the final day still not knowing if we can replace him. No player is bigger than the club and we're almost being held to ransom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Brendan should be forcing Tielemans to make a choice, either stay or be sold, asap. We could end up on the final day still not knowing if we can replace him. No player is bigger than the club and we're almost being held to ransom.

how do we know he hasn't/isn't doing exactly this?

• Like 1