Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Guest Mee-9

This has dragged on long enough. 

I wonder if the club live on in hope that he'll sign, and that's why we're not moving on new targets. 

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Brendan should be forcing Tielemans to make a choice, either stay or be sold, asap. We could end up on the final day still not knowing if we can replace him. No player is bigger than the club and we're almost being held to ransom.

It’s football/ life and not really as easy as that is it.

If we haven’t got a plan for an acceptable transfer bid being submitted up to 24 hours before the deadline then we don’t deserve to be anywhere near the top 10.

It’s obviously far from ideal to bring someone in last minute but the risk of losing out on £30m here is one that I can’t see us taking.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s football/ life and not really as easy as that is it.

If we haven’t got a plan for an acceptable transfer bid being submitted up to 24 hours before the deadline then we don’t deserve to be anywhere near the top 10.

It’s obviously far from ideal to bring someone in last minute but the risk of losing out on £30m here is one that I can’t see us taking.

But, as it stands, we're being forced to risk losing 30 million if he decides to run out his contract and we'll have a player on our hands who'll be more interested in the next club he's playing for than us.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

But, as it stands, we're being forced to risk losing 30 million if he decides to run out his contract and we'll have a player on our hands who'll be more interested in the next club he's playing for than us.

There isn’t much that can be done in that scenario other than dropping the asking price or hope that Youri is genuinely happy here despite obviously wanting to progress his career and test himself to the point where he would rather stay here than end up with a very uncertain 12 months.

I don’t think we will drop the price yet and will trust that we have a plan for either eventuality.

57 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Brendan should be forcing Tielemans to make a choice, either stay or be sold, asap. We could end up on the final day still not knowing if we can replace him. No player is bigger than the club and we're almost being held to ransom.

Until a club actually bids for him, and even then the bid has to be good enough for club to accept, what else can Tielemans do?

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Until a club actually bids for him, and even then the bid has to be good enough for club to accept, what else can Tielemans do?

Some people on here don’t  have a clue blame the manager for not selling him , blame top for not providing the money blame the player for not going our fan base is a joke

Edited by Kegworthfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

No really his job, the DOF will be deal with this sort of stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

There aren't any bids though? So say BR does what you suggest and Youri says he wants to go, what then?

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Ring up other clubs agents and offer him out for 25 million.

Screams of desperation and means we would never get close to what we want. Hold our nerve and have a plan and we get a fairer fee.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

...Vichai had the vision of a club operating as a family, it works to a degree, but like all families, tough decisions need to be taken now and again!!!

There is a fine line between business and a club seeming to be running on benevolent lines. The  Matty James extended contract, Simpson being helped out when his contract expired, and we also tend to pay over and above what we should do (although that could be down to Rudkin not being strong enough).

As a business, it needs a leader and at this moment it seems that no one is willing to step up to the plate.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Screams of desperation and means we would never get close to what we want. Hold our nerve and have a plan and we get a fairer fee.

What do you consider a fairer fee? and is it actually worth the gamble of de-railing next season for the sake of a few million. No-one is going to pay what he's actually worth, about £50 million.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Vichai had the vision of a club operating as a family, it works to a degree, but like all families, tough decisions need to be taken now and again!!!

There is a fine line between business and a club seeming to be running on benevolent lines. The  Matty James extended contract, Simpson being helped out when his contract expired, and we also tend to pay over and above what we should do (although that could be down to Rudkin not being strong enough).

As a business, it needs a leader and at this moment it seems that no one is willing to step up to the plate.

The PL is a business. Its ruthless and I'm 100% of the opinion that this window should've been handled in a business like manner. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

What do you consider a fairer fee? and is it actually worth the gamble of de-railing next season for the sake of a few million. No-one is going to pay what he's actually worth, about £50 million.

Like you say, we won’t get what he is actually worth so as close to that as we can which will involve us holding our nerve.

Its about reputation in future negotiations as it is the here and now.

Edited by Costock_Fox

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans will end up at Man Utd, 100%

Seems that way , at least once they realise that De Jong ain’t happening. That could be a few weeks tho. Their recruitment team / DofF about as effective as ours.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans will end up at Man Utd, 100%

I’m not convinced that this will happen this window - if they miss FDJ then getting YT instead for £25m isn’t a good look for the owners and opens them up to criticism that they wouldn’t spend what was needed to get their first choice target 

Perhaps more likely next summer ?

I actually think he will stay. He strikes me as a man of principals, and I think that he will consider the fact we can’t replace him now, and pencil a 1 year extension. It then suits all parties, because if he goes on to have a stunner then we can sell him at a later date. 

Maddison is the one I’m more worried about now, hasn’t he only 2 years left on his deal? If he has a blinder and is in demand we could have another issue next close season? 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I actually think he will stay. He strikes me as a man of principals, and I think that he will consider the fact we can’t replace him now, and pencil a 1 year extension. It then suits all parties, because if he goes on to have a stunner then we can sell him at a later date. 

Maddison is the one I’m more worried about now, hasn’t he only 2 years left on his deal? If he has a blinder and is in demand we could have another issue next close season? 

Madders’ contract defo needs looking at , so at very least we can maximise the transfer fee if we leaves in next 18 mths.

Guest Kopfkino

Remember when people were talking up the money we’d have to spend this window after raising some via sales. We can’t even get rid of the two players that’d actually be desirable let alone the dross we’re paying stupid wages to.

If we start the season with him still here I’d rather we lose him on a free next year. And are we going to end up rinse and repeating with Maddison?