Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I actually think he will stay. He strikes me as a man of principals, and I think that he will consider the fact we can’t replace him now, and pencil a 1 year extension. It then suits all parties, because if he goes on to have a stunner then we can sell him at a later date. 

Maddison is the one I’m more worried about now, hasn’t he only 2 years left on his deal? If he has a blinder and is in demand we could have another issue next close season? 

The thing is, it’s in our model to sell players to raise money so we actually need him to have a blinder. Would be tough to lose him and Fofana but I suspect that’s realistic for next summer.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I actually think he will stay. He strikes me as a man of principals, and I think that he will consider the fact we can’t replace him now, and pencil a 1 year extension. It then suits all parties, because if he goes on to have a stunner then we can sell him at a later date. 

Maddison is the one I’m more worried about now, hasn’t he only 2 years left on his deal? If he has a blinder and is in demand we could have another issue next close season? 

....I can't agree with your reasoning for him staying, but I believe he will stay, but not sign an extended contract!!!

Maddison I feel could surprise us all by staying at the club, not saying he is not as ambitious as anyone else, but he comes across as a player if he is happy with his surroundings and puts that ahead of other things.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Remember when people were talking up the money we’d have to spend this window after raising some via sales. We can’t even get rid of the two players that’d actually be desirable let alone the dross we’re paying stupid wages to.

If we start the season with him still here I’d rather we lose him on a free next year. And are we going to end up rinse and repeating with Maddison?

I'd love for him to stay but given our financial situation, we can't be throwing away a potential 20m. We really need either an extension or a sale now.. the club should be pressuring Youri into that decision.

5 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I'd love for him to stay but given our financial situation, we can't be throwing away a potential 20m. We really need either an extension or a sale now.. the club should be pressuring Youri into that decision.

They can pressure him all they want, but that won't mean he's obliged to make a quick decision. There's nothing stopping him from biding his time and reviewing his options towards the end of the window. It's frustrating for us, but there's just not much we can do about it.

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

They can pressure him all they want, but that won't mean he's obliged to make a quick decision. There's nothing stopping him from biding his time and reviewing his options towards the end of the window. It's frustrating for us, but there's just not much we can do about it.

Throw him in the reserves for his insubordination, the cheeky scamp lol 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Remember when people were talking up the money we’d have to spend this window after raising some via sales. We can’t even get rid of the two players that’d actually be desirable let alone the dross we’re paying stupid wages to.

If we start the season with him still here I’d rather we lose him on a free next year. And are we going to end up rinse and repeating with Maddison?

Someone on here, I forget who but it was someone usually sensible, said we have a one year extension option on Maddison's existing contract.  I sincerely hope they were right.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, st albans fox said:

Nobody here matching that description……

I think it was Rob Tanner tbf.

53 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

...imagine the situation, your 18-year-old son is about to go to University, you have planned the family holiday and there was a choice between two destinations!!!

He says he doesn't fancy either and is not really excited about going. The travel agency has informed you that come the 15th (this month)  the options will be gone and there are no other openings for the vacation, and the rest of the family are waiting on tenterhooks, to see where they are going.

Do you remind him that there is a deadline, or do you just wait until he comes to you, with a decision, if he remembers?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

But, as it stands, we're being forced to risk losing 30 million if he decides to run out his contract and we'll have a player on our hands who'll be more interested in the next club he's playing for than us.

We'll have a player who will be playing for a World Cup place, after that we'll have a player who has to play at his best to get the kind of interest he wants.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Youri be like " hi Timmy so this plane drops me off in Manchester right? "

Timmy " yes mate, just get on the plane "

Your making it sound like it's gonna be some kind of mafia hit on Youri lol

• Haha 1

It's getting to the point now where if he isn't a top target for a so called big club, what in the next 12 months changes that?

He's played himself into this position and if he isn't careful he'll end up with something far worse longer term than what he has currently should this continue to roll on.

23 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...imagine the situation, your 18-year-old son is about to go to University, you have planned the family holiday and there was a choice between two destinations!!!

He says he doesn't fancy either and is not really excited about going. The travel agency has informed you that come the 15th (this month)  the options will be gone and there are no other openings for the vacation, and the rest of the family are waiting on tenterhooks, to see where they are going.

Do you remind him that there is a deadline, or do you just wait until he comes to you, with a decision, if he remembers?

But this is my point. We can 'remind' him all we want, but there's ultimately nothing stopping him from saying, "Thanks for the reminder chaps, but I'm going to take my time over this important decision." The ball is completely in his court and there is nothing we can do about it.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3