Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's getting to the point now where if he isn't a top target for a so called big club, what in the next 12 months changes that?

He's played himself into this position and if he isn't careful he'll end up with something far worse longer term than what he has currently should this continue to roll on.

If there are no offers for YT what chances are there of selling lessor playersNn, zero I suspect. Need a plan B fast.

30 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

But this is my point. We can 'remind' him all we want, but there's ultimately nothing stopping him from saying, "Thanks for the reminder chaps, but I'm going to take my time over this important decision." The ball is completely in his court and there is nothing we can do about it.

Totally agree.

For fear of drumming home the point for the umpteenth time, setting a deadline is preposterous. It is the club that WANTS to consider selling him. The club WANTS the potential money.  

The only deadlines the club like setting are acquisition of away tickets for European games; 364 days for bus1 priority, 15 minutes for everyone else with 4 or 5 minutes notice

16 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Hmmm certain house listing for sale posted today

Oh, obviously the club are selling it for some reason, was Inlers house while he was with us, thought they might hang on to it ready for Edgar Davids to move in :-)

Guest Col city fan
6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's getting to the point now where if he isn't a top target for a so called big club, what in the next 12 months changes that?

He's played himself into this position and if he isn't careful he'll end up with something far worse longer term than what he has currently should this continue to roll on.

Nah

Thats nonsense imo

Even if Tielemans stays and sees out his contract, there’ll be plenty of top clubs interested in taking him on a free at the end 

Guest Col city fan
39 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Hmmm certain house listing for sale posted today

I think anyone genuinely thinking that our players have to sell up before they buy another property are to quote Keane:

’Living in cuckoo land’..

😉

Guest Chocolate Teapot
32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think anyone genuinely thinking that our players have to sell up before they buy another property are to quote Keane:

’Living in cuckoo land’..

😉

And if its the house I think it is then I imagine he might have higher aspirations whether he stays or goes.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Of course but the timing is surely relevant ……….in either direction ……

Yes but no more relevant than what we already know. He'll make a decision on his future this summer, even if he stays I'd imagine they'd move somewhere nicer.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yes but no more relevant than what we already know. He'll make a decision on his future this summer, even if he stays I'd imagine they'd move somewhere nicer.

Where abouts does he currently live? Quorn like some others?

Edited by LFox99

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Nah

Thats nonsense imo

Even if Tielemans stays and sees out his contract, there’ll be plenty of top clubs interested in taking him on a free at the end 

But he'll just make up the numbers in whichever squad he ends up in.  The big clubs don't see him as a leading top level player.  If they did, he wouldn't be here now.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

But he'll just make up the numbers in whichever squad he ends up in.  The big clubs don't see him as a leading top level player.  If they did, he wouldn't be here now.

Exactly correct, the top 6 have a bench full of players most at a similar level to what’s on the field. If he moves he has to accept that.

Surely, it's in the buying clubs best interest to delay his move as long as possible simply to put us under pressure. I'd imagine he knows where he is going and the club who are buying him will be waiting until the end of the window to prevent us getting his replacement in. Also I'd imagine they have offered something silly like 6million. Leicester will have gone back and said we will only listen to xxx offers. So the buyers wait and put in a 10million offer at the end of the window. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

But this is my point. We can 'remind' him all we want, but there's ultimately nothing stopping him from saying, "Thanks for the reminder chaps, but I'm going to take my time over this important decision." The ball is completely in his court and there is nothing we can do about it.

...you can go on holiday without him!!!

The family should not be held hostage by someone who seems unable to put other people's needs above his, it is called growing up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you can go on holiday without him!!!

The family should not be held hostage by someone who seems unable to put other people's needs above his, it is called growing up.

But what does ‘going on holiday without him’ mean in practice? Not taking him in the pre-season tour? Threatening to leave him out of the Prem squad? Because there is literally zero chance of either of those things happening while he remains a Leicester player.

7 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

But what does ‘going on holiday without him’ mean in practice? Not taking him in the pre-season tour? Threatening to leave him out of the Prem squad? Because there is literally zero chance of either of those things happening while he remains a Leicester player.

...it means we continue to do what is best for the family!!!

Life doesn't stop just because someone's priority differs from yours. There is a squad of players who need to know how we are going to proceed for the season. 

We just accept that he is going nowhere and plan accordingly.  We do not have to instigate punitive actions, he has a contract and unless he is violating the agreement, there is no reason to demote or put him up for ridicule.

In one stroke, the club is then back in control of the situation. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Product of 84 said:

Surely, it's in the buying clubs best interest to delay his move as long as possible simply to put us under pressure. I'd imagine he knows where he is going and the club who are buying him will be waiting until the end of the window to prevent us getting his replacement in. Also I'd imagine they have offered something silly like 6million. Leicester will have gone back and said we will only listen to xxx offers. So the buyers wait and put in a 10million offer at the end of the window. 

Exactly my thoughts happened with Maguire and Drinkwater

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, charly said:

Tielemans  should give Drinkwatrer a call for a chat, and learn from what happened to him.

Are you suggesting Tielemans is going off the straight and narrow?