Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Similar to Maguire this one in a way. I think he will do a lot of preseason here and then go closer to the window shutting. Brendan will say "the lad has been first class" and then we will replace him with Joe Allen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned (or is allowed) but a certain Cm for arsenal has is being investigated for (being a scummy human) . They have stated currently they arent suspending him but if proven guilty he will joining the premier league prison 11. 

So regardless of how this shakes out.. they will be feeling extra pressure to get Youri in imo. 

bassouma had the same thing last season and played throughout. 

its unclear - I guess arsenal will be aware how strong the cases are and will act accordingly. If they look to bring in someone more defensive minded in midfield then we’ll know.  But these things can take quite a time so he could play for much of this season. Greenwood only disappeared because of the public nature of his offence via audio recordings. 

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

Similar to Maguire this one in a way. I think he will do a lot of preseason here and then go closer to the window shutting. Brendan will say "the lad has been first class" and then we will replace him with Joe Allen. 

It would be Harry Winks 100%. 

20 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Just been reading an article saying West Ham interested, they are third choice behind the north London clubs.. I think they will find they would be at least fourth choice - surely he would be staying rather than go there.

Depends how desperate he really is to leave. Just to save face. 

56 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Just been reading an article saying West Ham interested, they are third choice behind the north London clubs.. I think they will find they would be at least fourth choice - surely he would be staying rather than go there.

Yeah does seem odd alright, I'd even say going to Newcastle would be ahead of West Ham in the pecking order.

4 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Going to Newcastle would be even more embarrassing that him staying 

Maybe but not as bad as going to West Ham, reckon Newcastle will finish ahead of West Ham this season.

23 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

You'd have played Mendy over Tielemans? Really? I struggle to believe that you genuinely mean that lol 

Absolutely. He may not be technically as proficient as Tielemans, but he gives effort and commitment to the team. Sadly, Tielemans' appears to me to be coasting through most games without real focus. Which is probably why he's been making mistakes in areas of the pitch where it's cost us. His reputation at Monaco wasn't that good either - in terms of him 'turning up' for games. His technical skill can't be questioned - how often he turns it on can be.

• Like 4

Arsenal preparing to move for Zinchenko apparently. It seems apparent that Youri isn't a priority to them. (I know this was discussed earlier, but according to Fabrizio they are about to submit a bid and Man City are happy to sell). 

Edited by rachhere
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gerblod said:

Absolutely. He may not be technically as proficient as Tielemans, but he gives effort and commitment to the team. Sadly, Tielemans' appears to me to be coasting through most games without real focus. Which is probably why he's been making mistakes in areas of the pitch where it's cost us. His reputation at Monaco wasn't that good either - in terms of him 'turning up' for games. His technical skill can't be questioned - how often he turns it on can be.

These are Tielemans’ key stats over the past three seasons:

Games  Goals    Goals per match   Assists   Passes per match   Big chances created   Tackle success   Through balls    Long balls
2021/22         32          6           0.19                         4              53.38                         6                                    51%                      12                        75 

2020/21         38          6           0.16                         4              65.32                         3                                    52%                      11                        115 

2019/20         37          3           0.08                         6              48.11                         8                                    56%                      13                         99

I think this shows he’s been pretty consistent. His passes per match and accurate long balls dropped off between 2020/21 and 2021/22, but you could reasonably argue that was because the team as whole was not playing as well. In most areas of his game he’s maintained the same standards. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

Do we want/can we afford … to offer Youri a new contract? We have so many players running down their contracts at the moment I’m not so sure we’d be so keen to re-sign YT on what would presumably be improved terms. 

The only strategy that seems to be evident at the moment is to lose players and reduce the wage bill. A new contract might not even be our priority 

Edited by Jobyfox

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

Do we want/can we afford … to offer Youri a new contract? We have so many players running down their contracts at the moment I’m not so sure we’d be so keen to re-sign YT on what would presumably be improved terms. 

The only strategy that seems to be evident at the moment is to lose players and reduce the wage bill. A new contract might not even be our priority 

Yes.

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

A new contract offer has been on the table for some time. 

From Tanner's article on Castagne.  FWIW

Arsenal’s interest in Tielemans has cooled as they assess their remaining transfer budget, plus the personal package that Tielemans would want, after spending over £80 million so far on four new arrivals.

from looking at the pictures yesterday with him busy hiking in the snowy french alps, doesnt look to me hes going anywhere, SIGN THST CONTRACT AND LETS AVE IT YOURI up the season... WEERREEE MASSSSSIIVVVEEEEEEE#cringe

Tielemans would be a loss.

I would rather Maguire.and Chilwell had stayed at the time but we got more than each was worth.   Both seemed replaceable. 

Tielemans would leave a hole in our squad even though it could be argued that Ndidi, KDH and Maddison may be the best midfield.  If we had all four of them, we have options.

Tielemans is class and a club legend.   If he does move on, hopefully it would help to fund incoming.  I hope we keep him though.

• Like 1