Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Being hidden in the social media stuff isn't he....

There was a squad picture on the mountains and he is literally stood away from everyone leaning in like the AS Roma Ashley Cole one 🤣

IF...... we are being being played by Your then it could prove to be a real shame.

LCFC have stuck by and supported players through injuries and personal problems when they could have just waved them goodbye as other clubs do.  

I'll reserve judgement until it's all played out but if he ends up having been proved to be playing silly b*ggers then the club may think twice in the future and be more hard nosed.  Everyone loses.  Bar one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Do we want/can we afford … to offer Youri a new contract? We have so many players running down their contracts at the moment I’m not so sure we’d be so keen to re-sign YT on what would presumably be improved terms. 

The only strategy that seems to be evident at the moment is to lose players and reduce the wage bill. A new contract might not even be our priority 

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes.

2 hours ago, turlo said:

A new contract offer has been on the table for some time. 

Ok great 👍 

I was just wondering how ambitious we were in terms of keeping him given the apparent constraints.

Another possibility is that we’ve been relatively generous with wages in the past and maybe not offered YT the increase he might have expected. The impasse with Arsenal might be they’re also reluctant to give him a significant increase in terms (if his current ones are generous) 

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

@Frank Large's Black BookSilly buggers how? By seeing out his contract?

I have absolutely no problem with anyone running their contract down.

None whatsoever.  Understand?

Is that clear enough?

The silly buggers I'm referring to is what is appearing in print and on-line attributed to "people close to Youri".  You can't miss it.  Or maybe you have.

I am not ITK (unlike some on here) but I reckon I should be allowed to put a perfectly reasonable thought that isn't a comment on Youri but a comment on the possible effect. 

It could be he's being "played" by Arsenal of course.

Disagree by all means, but don't sneer.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, Jabfox said:

There was a squad picture on the mountains and he is literally stood away from everyone leaning in like the AS Roma Ashley Cole one 🤣

And we've just used dennis praet ahead of him so that tells you everything....

34 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

I have absolutely no problem with anyone running their contract down.

None whatsoever.  Understand?

Is that clear enough?

The silly buggers I'm referring to is what is appearing in print and on-line attributed to "people close to Youri".  You can't miss it.  Or maybe you have.

I am not ITK (unlike some on here) but I reckon I should be allowed to put a perfectly reasonable thought that isn't a comment on Youri but a comment on the possible effect. 

It could be he's being "played" by Arsenal of course.

Disagree by all means, but don't sneer.

Who sneered? I asked a straight forward question.

Tielemans is becoming the story , however the story tells you something. Despite all the rumours and hype there appears to

have been any firm offers for his services, In my opinion this is because despite having some strong attributes he lacks the key thing most top clubs look for in a midfield player and that is pace .He chugs around the pitch and if that does not improve the level he is playing at now is his ceiling Come or go I am unfazed but we need to move on .

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot

He must just be waiting on the de Jong deal which looks more and more likely to happen.

Whos he left with then? Spurs? Juventus?

At least with maguire, chilwell, mahrez and kante there were obvious clubs that wanted them.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Strong rumours from someone at the club that Youri will sign the new deal on the table. But we have matched the wage offered by Arsenal. That's got to be close to 200k a week you would think. 

Thoughts?

Told its only a 1 year deal. Which leaves us in the same place next summer. For me a 2 year would make more sense with an agreement if he can play well enough to attract a CL club next summer he can go.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Strong rumours from someone at the club that Youri will sign the new deal on the table. But we have matched the wage offered by Arsenal. That's got to be close to 200k a week you would think. 

Thoughts?

Told its only a 1 year deal. Which leaves us in the same place next summer. For me a 2 year would make more sense with an agreement if he can play well enough to attract a CL club next summer he can go.

Weve heard this before.....

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Weve heard this before.....

I've now been told it by more than 1 person at the club in the last week. Just wondered what people's thoughts on it were. 

For a club with a ridiculous wage bill it seems slight madness, and if its only a 1 year then we go through the whole thing again next summer.

No one really benefits unless yorui fires us to the title in those 12 months lol

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

I've now been told it by more than 1 person at the club in the last week. Just wondered what people's thoughts on it were. 

For a club with a ridiculous wage bill it seems slight madness, and if its only a 1 year then we go through the whole thing again next summer.

No one really benefits unless yorui fires us to the title in those 12 months lol

Completely agree but I'd rather just get it sorted one way or the other

On 13/07/2022 at 19:19, Blue-fox said:

The club do own the house, can’t see why they need to sell it. Especially as the training ground is now closer to the house than Belvior drive

To my knowledge the club don't own the house. Although it was previously rented to inler when he was here as well. But the tenant in between the 2 wasn't a footballer.

Also there's been strong rumours for a while that the club brought the redeveloped convent site in rearsby lock stock and barrel directly off the independent builder that did the site.

Only over the 46 for Seagrave, private plot, and only 1 of the properties has ever actually gone up for sale to the tune of 1.3 million  Apparently they plan to rent to players and use the old convent building to house academy players.

So could be a chance yorui is just moving into one of those, as a I say its a bit more out the way, quiet and private.

On 15/07/2022 at 11:46, ClaphamFox said:

These are Tielemans’ key stats over the past three seasons:

Games  Goals    Goals per match   Assists   Passes per match   Big chances created   Tackle success   Through balls    Long balls
2021/22         32          6           0.19                         4              53.38                         6                                    51%                      12                        75 

2020/21         38          6           0.16                         4              65.32                         3                                    52%                      11                        115 

2019/20         37          3           0.08                         6              48.11                         8                                    56%                      13                         99

I think this shows he’s been pretty consistent. His passes per match and accurate long balls dropped off between 2020/21 and 2021/22, but you could reasonably argue that was because the team as whole was not playing as well. In most areas of his game he’s maintained the same standards. 

I'm not easily persuaded by stand-alone stats. Anyway, my argument isn't about his consistency or the level of his consistency. It's about his commitment and focus to City? For me, that's no more than middling in comparison to Maddison or KDH on the pitch. Most fans (and this isn't solely my conjecture) value a player's obvious involvement in his team's performance. I don't see that in Youri Tielemans. He seems to participate halfheartedly. He's comfortable where he is and that position never brings out the best in a sportsman.

12 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Thoughts?

I hope we haven’t matched the wage offered by Arsenal, we don’t have their budget, and in any case

Arsenal could offer him 500k a week, if they’re not signing him it means nothing.

• Like 1

Thoughts?

If that's true its very silly imo, he doesn't deserve that wage on his performance last season, he is nowhere near a £200k player imo

• Like 1

Thoughts?

I would believe you or your source if you didn't say its just a 1 year deal. No way are we actually dumb enough (there's cheap jokes to be made here, but come on now) to offer Youri that sort of money and in return get to be stuck in the same place at this time next year with the difference that we can't realistically extend him any further cause we've already given him stupidly high wages

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

If that's true its very silly imo, he doesn't deserve that wage on his performance last season, he is nowhere near a £200k player imo

Absolutely. Didn't see the game today, but did the hamster cheeked one manage to break into a sweat and contribute like £200k player? With that supposed earning potential I'd have expected him to have easily been the most industrious and influential player on the pitch!

• Like 1