Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

36 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I would believe you or your source if you didn't say its just a 1 year deal. No way are we actually dumb enough (there's cheap jokes to be made here, but come on now) to offer Youri that sort of money and in return get to be stuck in the same place at this time next year with the difference that we can't realistically extend him any further cause we've already given him stupidly high wages

He can leave next summer for nowt 

if we pay him another £6m over the next twelve months then we will get £25m in a years time. YT won’t want to stay beyond  next summer so he needs to have a good season. of course he could leave in Jan - if he has a great World Cup then he may command a higher fee. 

• Like 2

Anyone thinking the club isnt daft enough to offer only a 1 year deal has a very short memory. The club gave Matty James 40k pw for 3 years when he was constantly crocked and probably uninsurable. 

The club arguably will be hoping to kick the can down the road, hoping we finish higher in the league next season and Youri signs on for longer. Its a risk and a big one. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bayfox said:

To my knowledge the club don't own the house. Although it was previously rented to inler when he was here as well. But the tenant in between the 2 wasn't a footballer.

Also there's been strong rumours for a while that the club brought the redeveloped convent site in rearsby lock stock and barrel directly off the independent builder that did the site.

Only over the 46 for Seagrave, private plot, and only 1 of the properties has ever actually gone up for sale to the tune of 1.3 million  Apparently they plan to rent to players and use the old convent building to house academy players.

So could be a chance yorui is just moving into one of those, as a I say its a bit more out the way, quiet and private.

Heard similar re: ownership of the house from a very good source. 

54 minutes ago, Dames said:

Anyone thinking the club isnt daft enough to offer only a 1 year deal has a very short memory. The club gave Matty James 40k pw for 3 years when he was constantly crocked and probably uninsurable. 

The club arguably will be hoping to kick the can down the road, hoping we finish higher in the league next season and Youri signs on for longer. Its a risk and a big one. 

Then what? More money? Should we really be ruining ourselves over a player who isn’t fully committed? 

28 minutes ago, Guest said:

Any more embarrassing than having him leave on a free this time next year?

For me, this is down to the club too.. if he’s been on the fence about signing a contract, we should be more decisive and took the money when we could. I love Youri, truly do.. but we can’t be throwing £20m away!

Id prefer a two year deal but if the club thinks we cant find a replacememt, we should do it. We need to focus on moving deadwood from our roster. 

And i think @Scotch is right. Youri thought was getting a Big Move. Very few clubs have come in. If he really wants a move he will have to lift his performance this season.

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 2

It has to be a 2 year extension surely. Particularly now that NOBODY has come in for him. Arsenal must have him way down the list as they’ve tried sorting deals for about 3 other players in his position. Can’t see him being of interest to Ten Haag either.

Youri is technically very good and he’s capable of unlocking a defence. He’s also got a great footballing IQ. 

He’ll frustrate people because he’ll lose the ball as he looks for that pass. The same people will bemoan our lack of creativity, when others aren’t capable of breaking down a team. 

It’s his athleticism that restricts him from becoming an elite performer. I’m not sure he’s industrious enough to press for a full 90 minutes. He always looked shattered after an hour last season, however maybe that’s because he was having to cover more. 

That being said; I could see him joining Manchester City on a free transfer next summer as a rotation player. He’d allow someone like KDB to get rested. Having an anchor like Rodri behind him, would mean he’s playing higher up the pitch. If they went for a double pivot with Phillips / Rodri. The rotating front three or Grealish, Tielemans, Mahrez, Silva, Foden, KDB, Gundogan etc would be frightening. 

22 hours ago, Bayfox said:

To my knowledge the club don't own the house. Although it was previously rented to inler when he was here as well. But the tenant in between the 2 wasn't a footballer.

Also there's been strong rumours for a while that the club brought the redeveloped convent site in rearsby lock stock and barrel directly off the independent builder that did the site.

Only over the 46 for Seagrave, private plot, and only 1 of the properties has ever actually gone up for sale to the tune of 1.3 million  Apparently they plan to rent to players and use the old convent building to house academy players.

So could be a chance yorui is just moving into one of those, as a I say its a bit more out the way, quiet and private.

It's sti not finished and David Wilson still owns it, so I doubt that's true.

There is 8 houses plus the flats so I can't se why the club would want it especially at the prices being talked about.

6 minutes ago, kenny said:

There is 8 houses plus the flats so I can't se why the club would want it especially at the prices being talked about.

At last the answer as to where the transfer budget has gone ! 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

At last the answer as to where the transfer budget has gone ! 

Ah and there you have it. The rebuild was related to property not the squad. I have got it now.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Why is it embarrassing? It shows he has respect for the club.

Signing a 1 yr deal, announcing it as #Tielemans2024, the club avoiding the line of questioning as to why its only a year, huge elephant in the room. It just all looks bad. If he had respect for the club, which I think he does tbf, he should be signing at least a 3 year deal with the understanding he can leave next summer but for better money for our club, maybe with a buyout clause

1 hour ago, kenny said:

David Wilson didn't build it to the best of my knowledge.

In two minds about this - I was almost certain he'd go to Arsenal or one of the London clubs. I was willing to think it'd be knock down price, even down to £15 million plus add ons (UCL place, cup final)

And while I am pleased he might not being going next year on a free, I also think the big move has passed him by. He's clearly not got the athleticism that the top, top clubs want. It feels like kicking the can down the road.

Having said that, he's also probably now more aware of what he has to show to get a big move. If he misses out on the world cup, then it's game over, really. That should be an incentive to put in his best season and show he's worth the money. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scotch said:

Youri is available for a relatively modest fee, the fact that none of the big dogs are kicking in our door for him SHOULD open his eyes and if he's as self aware as I hope he is, he will know that it's completely on him and his form last year. He may also be worried about losing his spot in Belgiums 11 for the WC. 

If he wants that big move next year and he wants to ensure his place in Qatar, he NEEDS a big season. If he extends another year I think we will see a very motivated Youri this campaign.

Whether he extends or not he will be motivated through November with the World Cup. Beyond that is another matter.

At this point it appears only Man U may be an option for him this summer, though probably they will wait to see if they can do the De Jong deal first.

His agent will be in his ear telling him probably that clubs remain interested and he needs to be patient. Hopefully he sees past this and commits but I would expect him to run out his contract and move next year if no one puts in a bid.

51 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Signing a 1 yr deal, announcing it as #Tielemans2024, the club avoiding the line of questioning as to why its only a year, huge elephant in the room. It just all looks bad. If he had respect for the club, which I think he does tbf, he should be signing at least a 3 year deal with the understanding he can leave next summer but for better money for our club, maybe with a buyout clause

It doesn’t look bad at all, it’s just you perceive it too. Him signing a new 1 year contract would be very respectful, ensuring the club still get a fee next year. It also potentially cheats him out of a few extra pounds. The only way  it benefits him, is it protects him if he picks up a long term injury mid to end of season.

Who is it you’re bothered about shaming you? Twitter virgins?

Rodgers meeting with Youri next week to discuss his future

“There’s no update at all,” Rodgers said on Tielemans’ contract negotiations. “He’s an amazing guy to work with. He’s just rejoined the club (for pre-season) and he’s pretty much the same.

“In training he’s very committed. He’s happy in his work and he’s happy at the club. But naturally with a year in his contract he may feel he has to look at everything for him and his family. But I certainly know he’s committed here while he is here.

I’ll have a good chat with Youri next week to get privately what he’s thinking. But it won’t change, whether he’s leaving or staying for another five years, he’ll still be super committed.”

Asked if the club would accept Tielemans staying for the final 12 months of his deal before departing on a free transfer, Rodgers said: “I’m not sure. For that to happen that means there’s been no acceptable offer or there hasn’t been an offer. That’s the reality."

• Like 1