Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

18 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It doesn’t look bad at all, it’s just you perceive it too. Him signing a new 1 year contract would be very respectful, ensuring the club still get a fee next year. It also potentially cheats him out of a few extra pounds. The only way  it benefits him, is it protects him if he picks up a long term injury mid to end of season.

Who is it you’re bothered about shaming you? Twitter virgins?

Nothing to do with twitter virgins, especially with the apparent £200k p/w we’re offering, it genuinely doesn’t make good financial sense. I’ll always back any player who puts the shirt on, but it’s so clear what needs to happen. If no offers come in, fine I accept its better than losing him on a free.

3 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Nothing to do with twitter virgins, especially with the apparent £200k p/w we’re offering, it genuinely doesn’t make good financial sense. I’ll always back any player who puts the shirt on, but it’s so clear what needs to happen. If no offers come in, fine I accept its better than losing him on a free.

Why does it not make financial sense? Explain that part as I’m completely bemused by it.

• Like 1

Thing is if no one is willing to even pay a low free for him then he might just prefer to run his contract down and go for a free where he is more likely to get away from here.

I think potential buying clubs are playing a smart game here and we'll have a few low offers on the last day of the transfer window and he'll go and we won't bring in any replacement. Then ndidi still won't be fit. 

Does he really not know if there's been an offer or not? If so, it tells me Rogers is not communicating with Rudkin / recruitment as he should be. 

Just ask Rudkin: "Have we had offers for Youri? At what point are we accepting he's staying and leaving on a free? That target we wanted is still available, can you try and offload him for £25m?"

Just interview Rudkin next, forget Rogers he's as in the know as half the forum, probaby less.

31 minutes ago, turlo said:

Rodgers meeting with Youri next week to discuss his future

“There’s no update at all,” Rodgers said on Tielemans’ contract negotiations. “He’s an amazing guy to work with. He’s just rejoined the club (for pre-season) and he’s pretty much the same.

“In training he’s very committed. He’s happy in his work and he’s happy at the club. But naturally with a year in his contract he may feel he has to look at everything for him and his family. But I certainly know he’s committed here while he is here.

I’ll have a good chat with Youri next week to get privately what he’s thinking. But it won’t change, whether he’s leaving or staying for another five years, he’ll still be super committed.”

Asked if the club would accept Tielemans staying for the final 12 months of his deal before departing on a free transfer, Rodgers said: “I’m not sure. For that to happen that means there’s been no acceptable offer or there hasn’t been an offer. That’s the reality."

He's just rejoined the club (for preseason), and he's pretty much the same!..

Half-hearted!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

the 200k figure was a guess made earlier in this thread. our highest offer would likely to be of a similar value to what Kasper & Vardy get ie 130-150k/week.

It doesn't really matter if it was 200k as that's an additional 80k pw. So a little over £4m extra in his back burner. With the intention to let him go next summer for £20-25 mill instead of nowt. Worst case is he still doesn't leave and we keep him for the further season which means its effectively like an £8mill loan for that additional season.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

IMO we should keep Tielemans for his final year irrespective of what happens now. 

We need him in squad even more now that our recruitment strategy has gone to shvt.

To let him go for £20 million in the last few days of the transfer window would be crazy. OK keep him for another year means we lose £20 million, but if he puts in a big big season and we achieve at least top six and European football, Then the benefits of that are far greater.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

IMO we should keep Tielemans for his final year irrespective of what happens now. 

We need him in squad even more now that our recruitment strategy has gone to shvt.

Also a motivated Youri (half season at least until WC) will help us to a better finish / merit award - so potentially we earn a few million even if he goes next year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

To let him go for £20 million in the last few days of the transfer window would be crazy. OK keep him for another year means we lose £20 million, but if he puts in a big big season and we achieve at least top six and European football, Then the benefits of that are far greater.

Tell that to Top… I imagine he’d be pressing the security button to have you thrown out of his office at “… means we lose £20 million”

😀

1 hour ago, kenny said:

He did....

Not personally of course!

lol yeah unlikely as he sold out to Barretts and then set up Davidsons 

I know the convent it's self submitted the application via agent and then sold permission on. But wasn't aware it was Wilsons. 

The guy could have been a front for Wilsons as a group tho. 

18 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

lol yeah unlikely as he sold out to Barretts and then set up Davidsons 

I know the convent it's self submitted the application via agent and then sold permission on. But wasn't aware it was Wilsons. 

The guy could have been a front for Wilsons as a group tho. 

He does side projects to keep busy.

Davidson's built the houses and provided the supply chain.

Not finished yet though, be a while yet I expect 

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Why does it not make financial sense? Explain that part as I’m completely bemused by it.

Absolutely right - £200k a week on a 3-4 year deal would mean we retain a top top midfielder for £30-£40m - if he hits the heights in the next 18 months we food get £50m-£60m easily ……some fans really don’t see that replacing him will be a gamble and a huge task !!

Any chance of him staying should be pursued !!

• Like 2

I don’t understand the disdain towards a one year extensions. Of course, I would want it to be longer but it’s a lot better than he leaves on a free next summer. Gives him the opportunity to play up to his level and us to receive a better fee than has been speculated this summer.

And of course, we keep one of our top players at the club and assume he will be hungry to play his best.

Edited by Phenom
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, kenny said:

He does side projects to keep busy.

Davidson's built the houses and provided the supply chain.

Not finished yet though, be a while yet I expect 

One was listed the other week 1.4 million to live in rearsby 😱 that's the only one I've seen go to market tho. Like I say there was strong talk the club had taken on the convent to house academy players.

Be interesting to see if they all go to market. I'm gonna see if I can get anything out the club at the next FCC 👍

Screenshot_20220717-132439_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Bayfox

38 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

One was listed the other week 1.4 million to live in rearsby 😱 that's the only one I've seen go to market tho. Like I say there was strong talk the club had taken on the convent to house academy players.

Be interesting to see if they all go to market. I'm gonna see if I can get anything out the club at the next FCC 👍

Screenshot_20220717-132439_Samsung Internet.jpg

Did anyone see Ricardo's gaff on the recent club video following him around for the day? 

Looked like he was living modestly in a Clarendon park terrace. He could do with one of these new plush gaffs

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Did anyone see Ricardo's gaff on the recent club video following him around for the day? 

Looked like he was living modestly in a Clarendon park terrace. He could do with one of these new plush gaffs

Refreshing to see a player living modestly tbh.  He obviously revels in the Queen's Road buzz.  As long as he doesn't start eating too many pizzas from that new place that's opened recently.  

I think it’s slightly fanciful to suggest Tielemans is going to throw away leverage in wage negotiations for a future club by signing a 1-year extension with us.

The reality is we are in a weak position. Potential suitors will mess us around all summer (works for them even if they don’t end up bidding), and then probably try and lowball us at the end of the window. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Or he can do whatever he wants?