Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Seeing Gabby Abong saying Youri should go Newcastle as they looking to pop Arsenal, they will offer him 5yrs and big wages and they can sell the project of couple of years pushing Europe then another year start pushing top 4, im like why he is already there he’d be wasting 3+ yrs 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Did anyone see Ricardo's gaff on the recent club video following him around for the day? 

Looked like he was living modestly in a Clarendon park terrace. He could do with one of these new plush gaffs

Ndidi lives (or used to) in that area too

15 hours ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Signing a 1 yr deal, announcing it as #Tielemans2024, the club avoiding the line of questioning as to why its only a year, huge elephant in the room. It just all looks bad. If he had respect for the club, which I think he does tbf, he should be signing at least a 3 year deal with the understanding he can leave next summer but for better money for our club, maybe with a buyout clause

.....no one is interested at £20m, why would anyone would be interested at a higher price!!!

We as a club got this wrong, we allowed this situation to drift and still have our head in the sand hoping he will stay.

15 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

His agent will be in his ear telling him probably that clubs remain interested and he needs to be patient. Hopefully he sees past this and commits but I would expect him to run out his contract and move next year if no one puts in a bid.

...we can't put this down to his agent, he (Tielemans) knows what he is doing, I would say his agent has little to do with this!!!

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I see why this would raise hopes, but I'm sure it's more to do with us having just played a game in Belgium with us having a fair few Belgians in our squad. Nothing to see here 

Yes, of course that’s why they posted the Belgians but social media account generally doesn’t post players who are on their way out the door.

As you said, probably not much to see here— it was just something that caught my eye during a boring window. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Yes, of course that’s why they posted the Belgians but social media account generally doesn’t post players who are on their way out the door.

As you said, probably not much to see here— it was just something that caught my eye during a boring window. 

Yeah, I guess I'm being a little negative, but i fully expect we won't have two of those three at the club, come the end of the window

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Of all the places he could end up, Man Utd would be ideal. They aren’t going to win anything soon and are in a gigantic mess still. Will take patience and Ten Haag some years to streamline, organise and galvanise I think. Youri could have his big move. 

Plus they spend money like water so we should be looking at £30m

• Like 1

I still want us to Keep him...

He would do better at Leicester, Anywhere Else he will Fall into oblivion, at the foxes become a solid  gem ,Build a Legend career,

& earn a few bob....

Whats he gonna do at Manutd, Arsenal, Maybe Top Spanish club....earn 250k- 300 each season for 2 Maybe 3 seasons..900 in total,or

then Sold off for less...IMO  at 30...nowhere to go..!!  Lost in the laments & spoiled lubricants of the unbalanced  side of the Transfer market...

Stay with us 120-150 k for 5ys or end of career, end up with Legend status,Club Captain over a 7+ year spread, Build up & Keep his name in the high ranks..

Every season mentioned &   fought  over in Transfer Flight rumours, but stay, relaxed with family & laugh direct into a comfortable future..

I Feel & believe Tielemans & his situation is Unique, and trying to Upgrade even further bis career will stutter & stumble.

Stay here would be the "clever" descision

He'd be a fool not to move on to the next stage of his career now.  We're coming to the end of a cycle where we will be having a full on overhaul of the squad over the next couple of seasons probably shifting on 10-15 players.

This is the most uncertain time in many years for us. Financial Fair Play rules will really screw us over compared to the big 7.

Things could go either way for us I feel.

• Like 1

If they give up on De Jong it'll mean we'll be able to squeeze every last penny out of Man United and massively over charge

55 million or nothing, pay up, we know you've got the money

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we can't put this down to his agent, he (Tielemans) knows what he is doing, I would say his agent has little to do with this!!!

I don’t mean to give him a free pass. More to say he will know best what is happening, he may Move late if Yanited come in or he will move next year but I doubt he will extend. Hopefully I am wrong.

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Of all the places he could end up, Man Utd would be ideal. They aren’t going to win anything soon and are in a gigantic mess still. Will take patience and Ten Haag some years to streamline, organise and galvanise I think. Youri could have his big move. 

Exactly where would he fit in with Fernandes and Erikson ? Even the latter will not get many chances.

3 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

If they give up on De Jong it'll mean we'll be able to squeeze every last penny out of Man United and massively over charge

55 million or nothing, pay up, we know you've got the money

They'd go for Neves instead I reckon, who is probably a better fit anyway

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

And then leave lol ?

All the talk and rumours over the last year were based on fiction. Although he would like to move to a top six or CL. club he must now realise the raft of offers is probably not going to happen. Clubs have selected other options