Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Looks like Arsenal are in a similar conundrum, according to Ornstein, they're not moving for Tielemans before they've got rid of 1-2 midfielders first. Getting rid of Xhaka and Maitland Niles should prove quite the task

6 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Exactly where would he fit in with Fernandes and Erikson ? Even the latter will not get many chances.

I don’t exactly give a fuch. Let them buy him for £130 million, to make sure they secure his services, then they can worry about where he fits in. 

20 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

not signing a contract probably hasn't helped

Perhaps he's just considering everything in his life, which doesn't necessarily mean that he will/wants to leave the club?

Top players have left their contracts run to the very end but eventually carry on at the same club.

But can imagine his agent is trying to push him to move on.

Edited by Wymsey

12 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Perhaps he's just considering everything in his life, which doesn't necessarily mean that he will/wants to leave the club?

Top players have left their contracts run to the very end but eventually carry on at the same club.

But can imagine his agent is trying to push him to move on.

The worry I have is that to keep players like this they need to look around the club and assess whether it’s worth staying. It hasn’t got big six money, but has it got ambition to compete at the top level. To push for European places and win cups. 

The last few years we could demonstrate that. Now, no matter how good the reasons are, we look like a club standing still. The very best Youri, or others, can hope for is more of the same. 

That might just be the reality of trying to break through when you’re up against teams who can continually invest. Even the ones that have got it very wrong (like Arsenal) can’t do so for ever - based on the theory that if you throw enough s*** at the wall …. 

• Like 1

Not to put too fine a point on it but the way this transfer saga has played out was eminently predictable - which is why some of us predicted it.  There are simply too many higher-tier clubs that would never consider Tielemans as anything more than a squad player - that’s the problem.  The pool of potential destinations with money was always limited, giving us little leverage.  Especially with his contract situation. 

Tielemans simply doesn’t fit with the way most elite clubs play.  If we get to the point of looking to move Wilf we’re going to face the same problem, and no doubt the same fans will express shock and dismay at the lack of huge offers.  We do have guys the big clubs will want - Fofana, Maddison to an extent, Cags if he has a rebound season - guys who fit the way most of those clubs play.  Youri just isn’t one of them.

• Like 1

I reckon just tell him to sign a new 3 year contact or sit on the bench for the season and see ur World Cup spot go bye byes . Time to pressure him , really what do we have to lose , if he stays he will be useless like last season. 
just blowing stream , just sick of this hole crap 💩 not been able to bring new players in and this bloke holding us to ransom, but he’s well with in his rights which hursts even more . 

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The counterpoint to the argument that he’ll be useless this season is that he’ll need to impress in order to keep his place in Belgium’s WC squad.

You'd not be surprised to see Youri of 2018/19 and 2020/21 which although would be better than him being poor again, will be a bitter pill to swallow when he walks for nowt.

It might be the heat but I can see Perez having an impressive season by his standards and we get done over for another 4 years.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd not be surprised to see Youri of 2018/19 and 2020/21 which although would be better than him being poor again, will be a bitter pill to swallow when he walks for nowt.

It might be the heat but I can see Perez having an impressive season by his standards and we get done over for another 4 years.

As low a bar as that is, I don’t see it happening myself.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I reckon just tell him to sign a new 3 year contact or sit on the bench for the season and see ur World Cup spot go bye byes . Time to pressure him , really what do we have to lose , if he stays he will be useless like last season. 
just blowing stream , just sick of this hole crap 💩 not been able to bring new players in and this bloke holding us to ransom, but he’s well with in his rights which hursts even more . 

.. it may be within his rights, but we do not have to go along with his timetable!!!

If we say we are holding him to his contract which concludes at the end of June 2023, as we need to setup our team for the coming season,  he either agitates for the move, or look to buy his contract out. There is a precedent being set here, so that players like Fofana and Maddison, do not seek to go down the same route. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

14 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

So if he plays out the final year of his contract, what reception from the supporters will he get. I’m guessing it will be mixed causing heated discussions in the stands!! Bring on the new season…

He has a right to play out his contract.  We signed him on that basis accepting that he was at no obligation to extend it.  That's how it works. He would only extend it if he wanted to stay and was happy with what ever (more or less) money we'd offer.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We're still in July and you've been reduced to this. We are truly done for.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He has a right to play out his contract.  We signed him on that basis accepting that he was at no obligation to extend it.  That's how it works. He would only extend it if he wanted to stay and was happy with what ever (more or less) money we'd offer.

Harsh truth. :thumbup:
Players are not fans, if my boss said I only got the job because I was unable to leave, the next place he would see me was at the European court of human rights

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Harsh truth. :thumbup:
Players are not fans, if my boss said I only got the job because I was unable to leave, the next place he would see me was at the European court of human rights

I have more problems with players agitating for a move.  They are taking a wage based on their agreement to play for the term of the contract... unless both parties wish to move mid contract.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I have more problems with players agitating for a move.  They are taking a wage based on their agreement to play for the term of the contract... unless both parties wish to move mid contract.

Quite right, If the player under contract wishes to move to another club, it is up to them to make it work for the club who currently holds the contract, and not piss and moan like they are in some form of slavery.

However the direction of travel with contracts suggest we are heading in the opposite direction.  :angry:

• Sad 1