Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

All you need to know about that guy is that he claims to be a Leicester fan but once thought, a good couple of years after he’d arrived at the club, that Steve Walsh the scout was the former player. He hasn’t got a clue.

Also happy a few months back to wear a Newcastle shirt 

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Sure. But he’s not just a fan, is he? He’s a journalist. You know, the one’s that are meant to be sticklers for the detail and accurate information?!

In any case, I’ve never seen him with any inside track on Leicester. And what he’s posted in those Tweets is speculative nonsense.

Unless John Percy says it, it’s probably not worth listening to tends to be a pretty good rule.

No inside track at City yet has a hotline to Arteta, Rangnick and, after only a.frw.weeks.in the UK, Ten Hag. 

What an absolute "schmuck'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

No inside track at City yet has a hotline to Arteta, Rangnick and, after only a.frw.weeks.in the UK, Ten Hag. 

What an absolute "schmuck'

It seems like he’s got a hotline to someone whose interests would be well served by having his client be reported to be wanted by the names you mentioned.

• Like 1

Albeit only a friendly, against not a great side last night, I think it did at least show that there's life after Tielemans if we can get rid. This would be certainly the case if last season's performances were to be repeated because he should have been benched then.

If Soumare did stay (unlikely), or Praet, perhaps it could be the making of them in a Leicester shirt. 

I don't think that would happen though as Rodgers appears to have an unhealthy preference for him come what may as he did with Perez to our detriment for a long period of time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Albeit only a friendly, against not a great side last night, I think it did at least show that there's life after Tielemans if we can get rid. This would be certainly the case if last season's performances were to be repeated because he should have been benched then.

If Soumare did stay (unlikely), or Praet, perhaps it could be the making of them in a Leicester shirt. 

I don't think that would happen though as Rodgers appears to have an unhealthy preference for him come what may as he did with Perez to our detriment for a long period of time. 

According to most reports we want rid of Soumare and Praet. So unfortunately any making of them is just advertisement for a sale. With a few weeks until the start of the season we could quickly find ourselves in a situation where we are 3 cms down and the club hasn’t been proactive enough in getting ahead of it. 

We really are going to have a centre midfield of Winks and Mendy next season aren’t we? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dames said:

According to most reports we want rid of Soumare and Praet. So unfortunately any making of them is just advertisement for a sale. With a few weeks until the start of the season we could quickly find ourselves in a situation where we are 3 cms down and the club hasn’t been proactive enough in getting ahead of it. 

We really are going to have a centre midfield of Winks and Mendy next season aren’t we? 

thats-gross-ewww.gif

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

"If we can get rid"?? Eh? We'd be extremely fortunate to keep Tielemans for another year - the guy is quality and could make all the difference in us pushing for Europe or not. 

Around this time last year Tielemans was seen in a similar light to what Maddison is now and vice versa. Memories are short.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

"If we can get rid"?? Eh? We'd be extremely fortunate to keep Tielemans for another year - the guy is quality and could make all the difference in us pushing for Europe or not. 

I would like to keep him... but accept that he will go if a cl club come in.

Youri is a smashing player and has been great for us.  He scored our only cup winning goal.

Edited by foxinsocks

I wonder if we might get to the point where a straight swap would be considered acceptable? We're likely to lose him for free anyway, and Arteta has just come out and said they need to move players on who wont play consistently. 

25 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I wonder if we might get to the point where a straight swap would be considered acceptable? We're likely to lose him for free anyway, and Arteta has just come out and said they need to move players on who wont play consistently. 

I’d imagine that might be why the leaks out of Arsenal suggest they need to get rid before bringing him in. Wouldn’t shock me at all if this crops up with the likes of Pepe, Smith-Rowe etc.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Around this time last year Tielemans was seen in a similar light to what Maddison is know and vice versa. Memories are short.

Youri Tielemans has been an excellent player for this club. Scored one of the most important goals in our history. He will be remembered fondly. However, in the interest of this club, its progress and continued development - "getting rid" is the best thing for us. A one year contract extension etc. is not in our best interest. Mahrez was far more influential on this club and about two levels above Youri in terms of ability but selling him when we did was the absolute right decision. There will always be a higher level than us - unless we get ridiculous bags of money investment, that is just the way it is. Our hands are tied this window because we cant get rid of Youri. Next season it will be someone else (I'm hoping it isnt Fofana). The point is saying we need him out is not way saying that hasnt been an excellent player (in parts) for us. Its saying, lets move on and get then next top player - which is part of the game. 

32 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Would we really want any of the players they want to move on? If not, we're better off with the money. There's a reason why straight swap deals are very rare...

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I understand all of that, but just don't agree with the term "getting rid" when it comes to Youri. It's not a case of "getting rid" when it comes to a player of that ability. 

We've not signed a player this summer (yet). Youri is a depreciating asset who wants out. Getting rid for the highest possible price is exactly what we should be trying to do. Him signing a one year deal with his heart not in it does us no favours. And let me be very honest, if others come to two years of expiry, we should be doing the same. 

8 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Would we really want any of the players they want to move on? If not, we're better off with the money. There's a reason why straight swap deals are very rare...

I'm thinking deadline day where the option is literally £0 value after midnight or we get a player who we could potentially get use out of and then sell for a fee in the future.

Granted the people they want to move on includes a lot of raw talent... but we might just end up with a gem if given a chance at first team football.

21 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’d imagine that might be why the leaks out of Arsenal suggest they need to get rid before bringing him in. Wouldn’t shock me at all if this crops up with the likes of Pepe, Smith-Rowe etc.

They need to sell Miatland-niles, Pepe and possibly xhaka. Their position is complicated by the possible problems with partey. They have no idea if that will disappear or he suddenly becomes unavailable.  

their issues should not become ours though. However, all we can do is try and call youri’s bluff with a position that beyond the end of July we will not sell him.  

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'm thinking deadline day where the option is literally £0 value after midnight or we get a player who we could potentially get use out of and then sell for a fee in the future.

Granted the people they want to move on includes a lot of raw talent... but we might just end up with a gem if given a chance at first team football.

I can’t see us agreeing to let Tielemans go on deadline day unless the money was right and we had a replacement from another club lined up.

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Very true indeed, we can only guess what's going on. Presumably there'll be a date whereby we just plainly refuse to sell certain or all of them. If that's the last day for transfers then supposedly you would take the best perceived deal on the table and refuse one or both of the others. Unfortunately you may be left with a disgruntled player but that is probably more down to agents and buying clubs. If the recompense is unsuitable then you simply don't sell. If it was Tielemans and he goes mardy, then bench him, ruin his World Cup prospects and chances of a top club with wages to match. Big clubs might be reluctant to sign a mardy arse ... then again Pogba's been snapped up. I think Tielemans would be fighting for his place to be honest. Whilst his head may have been turned last season I don't think he's a stupid man. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I think you're right depending which Tielemans we get this season. He definitely seemed to have his head turned last year and he was poor for most of it. I'd like to think that with all that's at stake for him he'd put that behind him and prefer to think that he would. 

However, if his heart is elsewhere and a good deal can be achieved,  I think it's best for both parties and would enable us to strengthen in other areas. 

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We've not signed a player this summer (yet). Youri is a depreciating asset who wants out. Getting rid for the highest possible price is exactly what we should be trying to do. Him signing a one year deal with his heart not in it does us no favours. And let me be very honest, if others come to two years of expiry, we should be doing the same. 

I understand moving youri on so we can get some money back instead of him going on a free and also to maybe improve the atmosphere around the club.

What I dont like is this term of "getting rid", if tielemans goes there is no doubt in my mind that our squad will see a large drop off in quality. We have no concrete targets as of now, anyone we bring in will likely be a substantial downgrade.

When we lost mahrez we brought in Pereira and maddison who could help fill the hole that was inadequately filled by Ghezzal. Now our starting XI is getting to the level where our recruitment is struggling to sign players of the quality we need to fill in the holes, most of our signings in recent years have had low impact on arrival. Anyone we sign will be a downgrade on Youri and as recent windows show we wont be able to sign in other areas to help cover up that loss. From a footballing perspective losing youri will be a huge loss for next season.

Edited by honeybradger