Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I understand moving youri on so we can get some money back instead of him going on a free and also to maybe improve the atmosphere around the club.

What I dont like is this term of "getting rid", if tielemans goes there is no doubt in my mind that our squad will see a large drop off in quality. We have no concrete targets as of now, anyone we bring in will likely be a substantial downgrade.

When we lost mahrez we brought in Pereira and maddison who could help fill the hole that was inadequately filled by Ghezzal. Now our starting XI is getting to the level where our recruitment is struggling to sign players of the quality we need to fill in the holes, most of our signings in recent years have had low impact on arrival. Anyone we sign will be a downgrade on Youri and as recent windows show we wont be able to sign in other areas to help cover up that loss. From a footballing perspective losing youri will be a huge loss for next season.

How do you know this?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

How do you know this?

Usually something would have come out about us being in talks with players/agents/clubs by now. We're not moving for anyone because of our financial situation which means we any transfer targets we do have might not be available by the time we sell players. When the club are in a situation where they dont have a clear idea for who they want to bring in we usually bring in crap.

Edited by honeybradger

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

So you wouldn't want him to extend his deal here?

If it gets us a bit more in January, great. However, a one year deal where we are in the exact same position this time next year is not a great thing. This club functions on selling one asset - the system at the moment is broken.Youri reluctantly signing a 1 year extension does us no favours. 

Youri signing a three year deal (which will not happen) is something else. 

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Usually something would have come out about us being in talks with players/agents/clubs by now. We're not moving for anyone because of our financial situation which means we any transfer targets we do have might not be available by the time we sell players. When the club are in a situation where they dont have a clear idea for who they want to bring in we usually bring in crap.

Assuming that we have no concrete targets because you haven't read about them in the media is a big step. Many of our best signings have come under the radar. I'm sure the club has a very clear idea of who they would like to bring in once we've sold some players. Obviously the longer it takes for us to sell players, the more risk there will be that our targets have gone elsewhere, but that doesn't mean we haven't identified who we'd like to bring in.

The de jong saga is going to keep on running …..there are rumours that he simply doesn’t want to live in Manchester (Cheshire).  I guess this becomes a stand off where Barca try and find a club that will pay the fee and the 17m wages. Interested clubs (where the player will agree to go to) will run the clock down knowing that Barca sort of have to sell. 

again, we cannot afford to become part of this saga. Anyone who we’re looking at to replace YT will not hang around waiting for us and their club will not allow them to move late in the window also.  Of course we could be in a situation where we’ve committed to buying a replacement  in this window but have requested that the deal is done as late as possible so as to allow us to play poker with a club looking to buy youri.  So if arsenal or yanited come calling in a few weeks, we simply say that we won’t sell as too late and it would have to be a silly offer to convince us. 

i’d be looking at clubs who have already bought a replacement for a player we’ve been linked to. if they have a ready made one from within then that won’t work! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

there are rumours that he simply doesn’t want to live in Manchester (Cheshire).  

<aside>to me, it seems he's made it pretty clear that's the case, unless he's being coy.

Weird innit? A player says 'no interest' yet the clubs keep negotiating. Why would you continue trying to sign a player if they show no interest? </aside>

I’d argue that clubs aiming for CL (e.g. Arsenal) need to make strategic signings even more than we do.  It’s not just the value to us, it is also the value to them.  If Tielmans is the player to help them push on to top 4, then they can’t risk us letting him run his contract down and leave on a free.

it’s all quite dynamic.  This is when you need Daniel Levy at the helm

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The de jong saga is going to keep on running …..there are rumours that he simply doesn’t want to live in Manchester (Cheshire).  I guess this becomes a stand off where Barca try and find a club that will pay the fee and the 17m wages. Interested clubs (where the player will agree to go to) will run the clock down knowing that Barca sort of have to sell. 

again, we cannot afford to become part of this saga. Anyone who we’re looking at to replace YT will not hang around waiting for us and their club will not allow them to move late in the window also.  Of course we could be in a situation where we’ve committed to buying a replacement  in this window but have requested that the deal is done as late as possible so as to allow us to play poker with a club looking to buy youri.  So if arsenal or yanited come calling in a few weeks, we simply say that we won’t sell as too late and it would have to be a silly offer to convince us. 

i’d be looking at clubs who have already bought a replacement for a player we’ve been linked to. if they have a ready made one from within then that won’t work! 

Some months ago, when we were talking about potential future transfers for us, I made a point that some players might not want to live in Leicester. Some other fellow fans here told me something I didn't know, that few of our players don't live in Leicester and one of them is based in Manchester. Is this true?

If it is true, how De Jong rejecting to live in Manchester is a major problem? He can go and live in Liverpool or they can buy him a 2m house in Harrogate or something. 

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Some months ago, when we were talking about potential future transfers for us, I made a point that some players might not want to live in Leicester. Some other fellow fans here told me something I didn't know, that few of our players don't live in Leicester and one of them is based in Manchester. Is this true?

If it is true, how De Jong rejecting to live in Manchester is a major problem? He can go and live in Liverpool or they can buy him a 2m house in Harrogate or something. 

Location, Location,Location. If the Mrs. says I am not going there , you do as you are told.

48 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Think when he said I don`t to be involved with that sh*t hole, he meant the club rather than the Manchester itself

3 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

If he doesn’t want to be in Cheshire, he wont want to be in Southport or Harrogate either. Most foreign football spouses want London ……

3 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

...ha ha, yes that is true, Drinkwater and James used to carpool from Manchester!!!

If I recall Martin O'Neil wanted his players to live in the county, you might find that one or two still live around these parts when they retired.

57 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...ha ha, yes that is true, Drinkwater and James used to carpool from Manchester!!!

If I recall Martin O'Neil wanted his players to live in the county, you might find that one or two still live around these parts when they retired.

Schmeichel still lives in Alderly Edge. He has a chauffer and a van with a chair/tv in the back.

Ive always thought this is much better than driving a supercar yourself to work everyday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If he doesn’t want to be in Cheshire, he wont want to be in Southport or Harrogate either. Most foreign football spouses want London ……

I'm not so sure anymore. It used to be the case that location had an effect. But now, its just contract work for 3 years. No different than ex pat oil workers in Saudi or Nigeria. Not places you'd choose to live ....but part of the job of earning lots of money amd living in a compound

Sergio aguero never settled in Manchester, yet stayed for 7 years. Fuchs was a classic example of modern football family living. I doubt Ricardo's dream is to live in the clarendon Park terrace we saw on social media last week. It’s just a place to stay as you work before going home.

56 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not so sure anymore. It used to be the case that location had an effect. But now, its just contract work for 3 years. No different than ex pat oil workers in Saudi or Nigeria. Not places you'd choose to live ....but part of the job of earning lots of money amd living in a compound

Sergio aguero never settled in Manchester, yet stayed for 7 years. Fuchs was a classic example of modern football family living. I doubt Ricardo's dream is to live in the clarendon Park terrace we saw on social media last week. It’s just a place to stay as you work before going home.

It’s more about the spouses or girlfriends

Fabrizio Romano claims Youri Tielemans has “no interest” in renewing his contract at Leicester City as the midfielder would “love to join Arsenal”.

this mans credibility gets worse every season...

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Fabrizio Romano claims Youri Tielemans has “no interest” in renewing his contract at Leicester City as the midfielder would “love to join Arsenal”.

Because that's what his agent is saying. 

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Because that's what his agent is saying. 

TBF Percy reported Youri was hesitant to sign a contract extension.

19 minutes ago, Simoken said:

He's spouted this line since before the summer started

I struggle to see what benefit there is to youri in renewing a contract for a year with us. He’d only be losing money come next summer. 

I wanted to believe it, but it doesn’t make business sense for him at all

• Like 2