Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

The whole horseshit of how social media rumours work makes this excruciatingly boring. 

If Arteta wants him put a bid in and stop fcuking about, the reality is we are now hitting a timeframe where our attitude will change and we can’t afford to let him go. 

Youri’s agent and Arsenal are trying to save face now. They’ve started this ‘we need to get rid of players line’. Tielemans has been rumoured all summer and they kept signing other players in spite. 

26 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We need to get 45m at least for him from ManU or Arsenal or if he has a great WC around 60m. 

Just get the feeling he's going to the same as last season if he stays 

No chance unless he very unlikely signs an extension 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Renew the contract for another year or you can boost your World Cup hopes playing for the u21s (if no club comes in for him before the window closes)

Treating players like shite doesn't help much in the recruitment department.

• Like 3

Almost no chance of buying an adequate replacement now. A makeshift maybe who will have a couple of bad games and get the Perez treatment on here. If he stays , he plays .Rodgers is most unlikely to leave him out if fit. Creativity would be down to Maddison only. We still have a year to sort out an attractive contract for him.

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

Fabrizio Romano claims Youri Tielemans has “no interest” in renewing his contract at Leicester City as the midfielder would “love to join Arsenal”.

this mans credibility gets worse every season...

Forgive me but isn’t he practically bang on usually when it comes to stuff like this? Hardly surprising news is it. He’s had one foot out the door for a while now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Forgive me but isn’t he practically bang on usually when it comes to stuff like this? Hardly surprising news is it. He’s had one foot out the door for a while now. 

He mentions every possible outcome as a possibility over a month period. Its very difficult for him to therefore get it wrong.

16 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

He’s never really been good for Leicester related transfers. 

It’ll be his agent talking to drum up the last embers of interest. 

For whatever reason, over the last 12 months, his mobility which was already the weakest area of his game, has become severely worse. He's far more consistent in terms of performance, with the player that Monaco fans described when they sold him to us. His performances are getting to such a level now, where it's a question of us seeing how much we can get for him. Is the player we have seen for the last 12 months worth paying £150,000+ a week? The answer is no.

The problem we have with Tielemans is that other sides know he has no intention of signing a new deal, and clubs also know we're desperate to offload players to reduce the wage budget which will allow us to bring others in. I think ultimately he will leave on a free, or for around £10/15 million. It will all depend what the Club thinks is best. If they believe we can genuinely challenge the top 6 if he remains for the season, they may consider the risk of him leaving for nothing being the right option.

Personally I'd keep him. Not because I think we should, but unless we can get 2/3 more players out the door, there's no room for us to manoeuvre and use his wages to get 2-3 bodies in.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Just let him go now.  Definitely not play him.

His presence is having a negative effect on the club, it's reputation and fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets boo'd if he's still around at the start of the season. 

Boo the player that won us the FA Cup? That could divide the crowd.

46 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets boo'd if he's still around at the start of the season. 

Good grief.....what a drama queen

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Do you want to explain this a little more? I’ve tried to understand it but I’m afraid you’ve completely lost me on this one :D

• Like 4