Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Ask the manager.

He seems to have Tielemans as the first name on his team sheet every week. 

By definition you want ‘Rodgers out’ by the sounds of it.

The above poster is right. If Tielemans is still with us in two weeks time, he’ll play unless he’s about to leave.
Won’t he?

The point you made was that he should play regardless which I seriously question, quite how you manage twist that to Rodgers out is quite a leap.If he selects him I think he is wrong however I will revisit my view on Rodgers 10-12 games into the season and maybe if Tielemans starts the season like a house on fire here I may revisit my views on him, however it won’t happen.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure you are right about this, it is irrelevant what we paid for him in the first place!!!

By the same token, you would have been comfortable losing Mahrez, Vardy, Chilwell and Maguire to free transfers as the cost to acquire them was low (Chilwell was from the academy).

The consensus at this moment is for Maddison's price to be £60m +, we cannot afford to allow him to leave on a free because he cost us £25m.

The Youri situation needs the club to have a policy in place which triggers a sale (or a contract review, where there is an opportunity to extend) of a player with 2 years to go with their contract. As long as new players are made aware when they sign for us, then we prevent this situation from happening again.

You're right, which is why we shouldn't be surprised to lose Maddison i suppose,  unless we are willing to pay him some serious weg (probably highest paid player) because I think his stock maybe high right now, nevertheless if we did lose maddison it would be a huge blow to the club. I wonder if once some players off the wage bill a contract offer for him will be high on priority list.

Had to smile at Youri's reaction after the Shaggers game. Don't know if many notice but it's his habit to give little waves with both hands before the handshake and after the games. This time he did the same but stopped almost immediately and resorted to just clapping as if to avoid anyone interpreting it as a goodbye wave. Haha.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

You're right, which is why we shouldn't be surprised to lose Maddison i suppose,  unless we are willing to pay him some serious weg (probably highest paid player) because I think his stock maybe high right now, nevertheless if we did lose maddison it would be a huge blow to the club. I wonder if once some players off the wage bill a contract offer for him will be high on priority list.

...I  have speculated before that he (Maddison) may see our club as the right place to be!!!

He maybe looking for the club to build the team around him long term, in order for him to enjoy his career.

His demeanour on the pitch has changed noticeably, he voices his concerns to referees and stands his ground. He involves himself in the team a lot more than he did and that shows a hint of his maturity, or seeking to emulate Grealish in the way he has developed on the pitch.

John Terry had a massive influence on Grealish and Maddison could have benefitted so much had he a similar mentor available at this club.

I would suggest that if there is one thing the club would have learned from this Youri situation,  it will be not to get ourselves in this situation again.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
38 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Had to smile at Youri's reaction after the Shaggers game. Don't know if many notice but it's his habit to give little waves with both hands before the handshake and after the games. This time he did the same but stopped almost immediately and resorted to just clapping as if to avoid anyone interpreting it as a goodbye wave. Haha.

I see Tielemans like a breath of fresh air and I’m sure Rodgers does too. Unlike that Mardy cvnt that is Mahrez, Tielemans is back training with the club, putting a shift in and ran the game against Derby. Literally ran the game.

He’s a model pro and I’m sure Rodgers and Tielemans have that kind of relationship where the best thing will be done for both parties.

I love Tielemans. Only on this sometimes ridiculous forum could anybody be so happy for him to leave the club.

20 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

His professionalism shouldn't be called into question at all imo. I think he's conducted himself brilliantly and will continue to do so if he stays another year. The kid is class

Played his heart and soul out for the club last season didn't he?😎

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I'm sure the club will know what is going on by now. Rodgers was supposed to have a talk with Youri last week and why wouldn't Youri be honest with his intentions. If we couldn't afford to lose the money on Youri, we should have sold him last season, again its the lack of foresight with the club you'd expect big money men to get right, which brings us to Maddison I suppose, although we didn't pay so much for maddision so if we lose him for free it wouldn't be such a blow to the club.

However if Youri is playing silly buggers and being evasive, or if he says I want to run my contract down, the club will either take any offer put on the table or decide to set a precedent and not play him, I think Spurs did this with Eriksen. Making him Captain in a team playing with Ndidi though points to being on good terms with him so I think if no satisfactory offer comes in, he'll sign a new contract, I just hope we're not giving him silly money 

or is it ambition? 

Youri had been very public about the fact he’d sign a new deal if we qualified for the champions league. After 2 close attempts surely it was worth another try? 

We have to balance good business practice with ambition to be successful. I’m not convinced selling players early is the best method for us. The club tend to only do this with players we don’t value that highly and unhappy players. 

I want leicester to build the best team possible, if we miss out on a few great deals so be it but I want our priority to be about what’s on the pitch not just money. 

Tell me, should we be selling madison now? because it’s the same situation and i bet you and 90% of us, would be fuming if he was leaving 

It’s easy to look back with hindsight and say we should have sold him after you know the result of his performances and ours. But after 2 5th placed finishes and an fa cup the club has every right to try and push on. 

If we want to breach europe you have to make some tough calls

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

or is it ambition? 

Youri had been very public about the fact he’d sign a new deal if we qualified for the champions league. After 2 close attempts surely it was worth another try? 

We have to balance good business practice with ambition to be successful. I’m not convinced selling players early is the best method for us. The club tend to only do this with players we don’t value that highly and unhappy players. 

I want leicester to build the best team possible, if we miss out on a few great deals so be it but I want our priority to be about what’s on the pitch not just money. 

Tell me, should we be selling madison now? because it’s the same situation and i bet you and 90% of us, would be fuming if he was leaving 

It’s easy to look back with hindsight and say we should have sold him after you know the result of his performances and ours. But after 2 5th placed finishes and an fa cup the club has every right to try and push on. 

If we want to breach europe you have to make some tough calls

It's reported we are in contract negotiations with him so if that isn't going well, and an offer comes in it will all be looked at I guess, I reckon the youri situation will have us thinking very seriously about maddisons situation.

Fact is its clear there is a high financial penalty to pay to consistently compete for Europe and we can't afford it. Was anyone predicting start of 21/22 season we'd be competing for top 4 because I know I wasn't. 

Just now, splinterdream said:

It's reported we are in contract negotiations with him so if that isn't going well, and an offer comes in it will all be looked at I guess, I reckon the youri situation will have us thinking very seriously about maddisons situation.

Fact is its clear there is a high financial penalty to pay to consistently compete for Europe and we can't afford it. Was anyone predicting start of 21/22 season we'd be competing for top 4 because I know I wasn't. 

of course we are always the underdogs but there’s no way you finish 5th twice and don’t internally have that as an aim.

I think the reason our squad harmony is good and players like mads are happy, is because they are targeting big things.  They will be having meetings aiming to push on from last year and challenge for europe.  if the conversation was about consolidating top 10 i’m pretty sure we’d have more than a few pushing for a move  

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

150 pages of absolute bull shite.  Surely if Arsenhole really wanted him, they would have made an offer by now?   

Arteta today 

"It’s ideal for any coach, the earlier you get the players, the better. You need to get them in the cohesion of the team, understanding each other. 

The fact that he (Jesus) has been with us for a few weeks makes a huge difference."

If he wants him that much, what the **** are Arsenal pissing around at?

• Like 2