Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Arteta today 

"It’s ideal for any coach, the earlier you get the players, the better. You need to get them in the cohesion of the team, understanding each other. 

The fact that he (Jesus) has been with us for a few weeks makes a huge difference."

If he wants him that much, what the **** are Arsenal pissing around at?

He might want him, but Arsenal may think why pay £30m when we could probably get him for £15m. I wonder whether we'd turn this late offer down if he's nit signing a new contract, I don't think Youri would be guaranteed starter there anyway despite what he thinks

Just now, splinterdream said:

He might want him, but Arsenal may think why pay £30m when we could probably get him for £15m. I wonder whether we'd turn this late offer down if he's nit signing a new contract, I don't think Youri would be guaranteed starter there anyway despite what he thinks

At some point in the coming week or two, City won’t accept any offer for him as the upheaval will be too much (we will need a replacement). If Arsenal actually want him, then it’s time for them to put a bid in. 

Im beginning to suspect Arsenal actually don’t want him now. Both the club and Youri’s agent are telling things to media as they attempt to save their reputation

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

At some point in the coming week or two, City won’t accept any offer for him as the upheaval will be too much (we will need a replacement). If Arsenal actually want him, then it’s time for them to put a bid in. 

Im beginning to suspect Arsenal actually don’t want him now. Both the club and Youri’s agent are telling things to media as they attempt to save their reputation

If they wanted him it would have been done by now. He might be a nice to have if they can get him dirt cheap on the last day of the window but he has never ever been a priority for them. 

• Like 4

We will still sell him on deadline day if a team offers us decent money, we'd be very stupid not to even if we don't get a replacement. 

• Like 2

Make it a deadline, end of next week which still only gives us 7 days to organise plan B

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Why should we wait that long?

Not quite sure what you expect? Play the situation out.

• August 1st we tell Youri’s entourage they have 1 week or we will not sell past August 8th
  • They return with we aren’t signing a new contract
  • Start of September a 25m offer arrives, what do you do?
    • Accept
    • Or write off the 25m as he leaves for free next year 

This will come down to money

If an offer comes in and youri doesn't want to sign a contract because he wants to go, 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

• August 1st we tell Youri’s entourage they have 1 week or we will not sell past August 8th
    • Accept

It would probably be more like £15m, £20m tops I reckon, as they clearly view him as a squad player 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dames said:

If they wanted him it would have been done by now. He might be a nice to have if they can get him dirt cheap on the last day of the window but he has never ever been a priority for them. 

I think you're right and I think particularly last season's performances by him have seen him potentially crossed off a few lists, certainly as a must have. Bigger clubs can see better value and potentially better players out there. I do think that for a number of reasons, many Leicester supporters view him with blue tinted glasses. 

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I don't think either the club or player have done anything wrong. We've set a very fair price for him, he doesn't want to sign but is still being very professional. If clubs don't want to bid then we can't do much about it.

The likes of Schmeichel and Vardy giving the majority of their careers to us has possibly blurred the vision- we are a good club to play for but not the elite. All I ask is that players give everything whilst they play for us. 

Agreed, it least he hasn't done a Mahrez (yet)

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

His professionalism shouldn't be called into question at all imo. I think he's conducted himself brilliantly and will continue to do so if he stays another year. The kid is class

I find it really odd how some people talk about him like he was refusing to play while criticising the club and manager in public or something. He was nowhere near his best last season and I think he'd probably admit as much but the stuff about his attitude or him not being arsed is, as is usually the case, completely unfounded. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Guest said:

I find it really odd how some people talk about him like he was refusing to play while criticising the club and manager in public or something. He was nowhere near his best last season and I think he'd probably admit as much but the stuff about his attitude or him not being arsed is, as is usually the case, completely unfounded. 

I know it's only pre season but he's been named captain twice for us so far. If he was disruptive there's no way he'd be named captain pre season friendlies or not

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I know it's only pre season but he's been named captain twice for us so far. If he was disruptive there's no way he'd be named captain pre season friendlies or not

...I  can't recall people saying he is disruptive, this impasse is disruptive though, to our preparations!!!

I am just amazed that the club has allowed this to drag on, it helps nobody.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  can't recall people saying he is disruptive, this impasse is disruptive though, to our preparations!!!

That's not his fault though. It's the clubs responsibility to ensure the transfer strategy is correct 

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Wasnt maguire named captain for a friendly before we sold him ?

45 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

• Accept

You might judge that with this looking to become the way a lot of players will deal with contracts in the future, that you stick to your position. Of course it’s not my £25m ! 

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Just out of curiousity, what do you think the club can do? More for my benefit how do you know it hasn't been done? 

Tielemans is a quality player who is capable of making defence splitting passes that most others can't. There is no evidence to suggest that he is no longer on good terms with either Rodgers or the club. I hope that the club can come to an arrangement with Youri that is in the best interests of Leicester City and the player himself. In the meantime Rodgers will play him on merit. Contrary to what a lot of fans seem to think, I believe Your's downturn in form last season was not due to a lack of application or disillusionment with the club, but rather down to the fact that Rodgers massively overplayed him. This season, hopefully with a fully fit squad at his disposal, Rodgers will be able to do a much better job of managing his player resources in order to get the most, not just out of Youri if he stays, but out of many other members of the squad too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wasnt maguire named captain for a friendly before we sold him ?

You might judge that with this looking to become the way a lot of players will deal with contracts in the future, that you stick to your position. Of course it’s not my £25m ! 

It wasn't a question of not selling him though was it?

11 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Just out of curiousity, what do you think the club can do? More for my benefit how do you know it hasn't been done? 

...I  have stated numerous times that a deadline should have been put in place!!!

Rodgers saying he was going to have a conversation with  Youri and him not having any response to questions continually asked about the situation, indicates we have not implemented any deadlines or caveats regarding the situation.