Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Also worth throwing into the mix, that a British club may pay a small fee in January, so they can secure him. Potentially worth £15m if he help secure a team UCL football. 

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if you accept the premise that he will go on a free next season, then we can then control the situation!!!

We know that we need all the revenue we can get to finance a replacement, and there are variable outcomes between him going for free or receiving a fee for him this summer. The chances are he runs his contract down, no extension, no pledge to look at where he is in relation to staying here. We then have nothing to lose and a deadline stops the will he won't he scenario.

Should we choose to allow this uncertainty to continue, (hoping to get a fee) then any deadline brings the matter to a head quicker than waiting for one party to blink. The fear of him going for nothing is what is keeping this show on the road and therefore the club is reluctant to enforce a deadline.

The likelihood that he will leave on a free, is even more reason to engineer a deadline, we would have nothing to lose.

…yes, everything will work out and we’ll have all the leverage in the situation if we just add a magical arbitrary deadline on top of the deadlines that already exist!!!

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Also worth throwing into the mix, that a British club may pay a small fee in January, so they can secure him. Potentially worth £15m if he help secure a team UCL football. 

This is a possibility but why would he throw away £10m by moving six months sooner than he could do …I think the only thing that’s encouraging him to move this summer is the possibility that if he gets a knock here and we do ok without him then we have no reason to play him when he’s fit which puts his WC place in danger. he’s leaving at the end of the season  anyway and we must look after the club first. once the WC is done then he has no motivation to go the extra yard in games if he’s leaving - picking up a bad injury puts his next move in doubt and could leave him without a contract whilst he regains fitness. 

hence the desire at the club for him to sign a years extension - I think this works best for all parties and if we accept that there has to be a low release clause (which increases if we qualify for Europe) then he may decide to take it. 

I think the world cup thing won't make any difference to a player like youri. He's a dead cert anyway.

Playing well between now and the world cup is more important for those who's place isn't guaranteed.

Youri holds all the cards here. He's a player who has taken back control.

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think the world cup thing won't make any difference to a player like youri. He's a dead cert anyway.

Playing well between now and the world cup is more important for those who's place isn't guaranteed.

Youri holds all the cards here. He's a player who has taken back control.

If he isn’t playing regularly then I doubt he would start.  He isn’t a cert. 

A deadline exists, it's the end of the transfer window. The club has control of the situation in that they can accept or reject any offer that comes in up until that date. 

I'm not saying there aren't other factors but the above is the bottom line. Decisions will be made taking into account those other factors (and the club controls that process too) but the bottom line does not change. 

5 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Meanwhile back in the real world... 

Indeed. Maybe somewhere in far outer space there is a world exactly like ours, with one key difference: in that world, Leicester is the kind of club that would punish Tielemans for not signing a new contract by giving him 'zero game time'.

But that world isn't ours. 

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Indeed. Maybe somewhere in far outer space there is a world exactly like ours, with one key difference: in that world, Leicester is the kind of club that would punish Tielemans for not signing a new contract by giving him 'zero game time'.

Thank God

👍

14 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Meanwhile back in the real world... 

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Thank God

👍

Correct but say he gets a knock in early sept and is out for a couple of weeks and the re hashed formation and players perform well and are winning games.  Does rodgers bring YT back and mess with things?  No he doesn’t. He may only play in carabao cup games for the two months ahead of the World Cup ….. rodgers has to plan for a side without YT and without any income from his sale if he is still here come September here without signing an extension. 

53 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If that was the plan if we keep Youri, I imagine the club would just sell him on the cheap instead. He's either a starter or sold. 

Did you read what I posted ? 

I committed youri who is staying would give Brendan a problem in trying to re integrate him into a winning team. a leaving youri won’t …

Too late for him to go now. And judging by his social media I’d say he’s set to stay for the season at least. I know some of you wish to boo boo his personality, but Youri really is the type of bloke to consider his club too. He’s an absolute pro, and he will respect the fact that he is still under contract, and if the club can’t replace him they’re under no obligation to sell him. It’s a risk, however I’d personally take the risk of him not signing a deal and walking away on a free next season, than selling him now and leaving ourselves with a huge gap to fill with next to no time to fill it. 

Him leaving this late would be disastrous to our season and business intentions. Because teams would know we’ve recently sold a key player, they would know how much was received for said player, and would then probably stick a premium on the new target. 

It is far too late, as a club I would be saying to him, sorry but we won’t be considering any bids for you this late in the window. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Did you read what I posted ? 

I committed youri who is staying would give Brendan a problem in trying to re integrate him into a winning team. a leaving youri won’t …

He doesn't need to be reintegrated. Rodgers already regards him as integral and, judging from his comments, will always see him that way while he's at the club - irrespective of his contract situation.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, 21st Century Fox said:

What is the obsession with benching him or sending him to train with the youth team?!

Our business model is to buy younger players and eventually one day sell them for a profit. Of course that isn't going to work every time but our reputation in handling these players is paramount to that model's success. Threatening punitive action for players that decide to move on won't endear us to future signings.

Especially in Youri's case who has by all accounts acted as a model professional throughout.

It’s all clap trap. Proposed by people who are just not thinking about the bigger picture

I think it's a win win for Leicester now. 

If we sell Tielemans we can line up and buy a £20m+ player on £100k + a week. KDH and Maddison deployed alongside Ndidi are strong enough and creative enough to keep us winning more than we lose. KDHs ceiling is super high as a true box to box playmaker.

If we KEEP Tielemans it forces our hand on more peripheral players like perez, choudhury or a quicker succession on a player like Schmeichel who many on here think could be replaced, if not with a better shot stopper, certainly a better set piece goalkeeper and distributor.

Either way it doesn't increase the disruption to the squad needed to bring in a new defender / rw. 

We should plan who our targets based on a certain amount of sales needed and then let the dice fall how they will. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Manchester United identify Lazio's Sergej Milinkovic-Savic as alternative to Frenkie de Jong

Guess that would just leave Arsenal.

I think it depends how much he would cost them. if it’s around 40m then they may still want to add YT.  Whether YT would want to go there and compete for the position is another matter ….

Soumare got a run in the so-called 1st team deliberately to give him and the team that experience. And for BR to further assess. There's nothing to lose by doing it, even if Youri stays.

It just smacks of sensible coaching and management to me.

What happens against Sevilla is going to be a little more nuanced, due to the messages people will/might perceive.

• Like 2