Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

47 minutes ago, Eurofox said:

Stick him in the B team until he signs a 1 year extension...

we have to learn how to play without him...

time to be tough on the money grabbers

B team? 

how old are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm actually not sure I agree with this.

I agree with the spirit, I guess, I think he is an exemplary professional, absolutely, but I actually don't think he club will consider it too late in the window to see him go. I think given that it's potentially 30/40m that they won't get the chance of having again, I think we'd sell him at 5 to midnight on deadline day even if we don't have the option of replacing him and I think he'd probably be doing the club a favour if that happened even if we didn't get to spend any of it til January.

There's a reason Rodgers has kept him out of the "main" starting line up in the friendlies, we're clearly getting well practiced in playing without him. I actually think it'll be one of the reason we're stalling over letting Soumare go, I think we're more likely to keep Soumare than Tielemans and will only really sell the former if we're actually giving up on Youri going. It's possibly also why we're stalling on Praet, I'm not sure I entirely believe we're really holding out for just an extra couple of million from an Italian club. The whole lot of them are like dominos aren't they.

Come September 1st, we'll definitely have enough bodies on the ground to cover the midfield for the year, I don't think there's any doubt in that. We aren't going to get caught short. But if it's get 30m for Youri now or lose all of that income by keeping him to stay? I just can't see us making that decision.

Great post but i’m not sure about us not getting caught short. If we were expecting outgoings at any point during the window we’d have got bodies in by now and taken the risk so they had time to integrate with the team. 

If we do sell last minute, prices will be driven up because the selling club will know we are absolutely desperate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fox in the sox said:

Why the presumption that it only leaves Arsenal?

Well it's just that they've been the main rumoured club that are in for him, whilst there has been noise about Youri being on Yanited's list if they dont get De-Jong too.

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm actually not sure I agree with this.

I agree with the spirit, I guess, I think he is an exemplary professional, absolutely, but I actually don't think he club will consider it too late in the window to see him go. I think given that it's potentially 30/40m that they won't get the chance of having again, I think we'd sell him at 5 to midnight on deadline day even if we don't have the option of replacing him and I think he'd probably be doing the club a favour if that happened even if we didn't get to spend any of it til January.

There's a reason Rodgers has kept him out of the "main" starting line up in the friendlies, we're clearly getting well practiced in playing without him. I actually think it'll be one of the reason we're stalling over letting Soumare go, I think we're more likely to keep Soumare than Tielemans and will only really sell the former if we're actually giving up on Youri going. It's possibly also why we're stalling on Praet, I'm not sure I entirely believe we're really holding out for just an extra couple of million from an Italian club. The whole lot of them are like dominos aren't they.

Come September 1st, we'll definitely have enough bodies on the ground to cover the midfield for the year, I don't think there's any doubt in that. We aren't going to get caught short. But if it's get 30m for Youri now or lose all of that income by keeping him to stay? I just can't see us making that decision.

Yes, I think that’s probably exactly what we are doing. Keeping all the options open 

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think it depends how much he would cost them. if it’s around 40m then they may still want to add YT.  Whether YT would want to go there and compete for the position is another matter ….

He would have to do the same at Arsenal too surely? 

If Arsenal want him as first choice anything then they're leaving it a fcking long time before sorting themselves out for the upcoming season. Unless the deal's already done of course and not, for some unfathomable reason, announced yet.

8 hours ago, taupe said:

If Arsenal want him as first choice anything then they're leaving it a fcking long time before sorting themselves out for the upcoming season. Unless the deal's already done of course and not, for some unfathomable reason, announced yet.

Agents drive paper talk and can agree salaries in principle. Every club does it, including us. 

No transfer bid from Arsenal from what I’ve been told, so he isn’t going anywhere. 

Officially we’ve offered a new contract and whilst it hasn’t been declined, it’s not been signed.

From January 1st, Youri is free to sign a new contract with a foreign club for the start of the 23/24 season, then join them

on a free. Most players however just run it down until the end of the year; then announce in the summer, as they have deals in principle agreed. 

Still a lot of moving parts in this summers window though. As the likes of Arsenal have signed alternative options, it’s less likely he joins them in this window. Manchester United is an interesting one, as the long term option in De Jong clearly isn’t interested in joining the house that’s burning down at Manchester  United, or any other club realistically, until Barcalona sort his wages out (how crazy is that by the way).  

I'm thinking then there's a good possibility that there's a deal in principle already been done for a foreign club, to be announced in January. It would explain the lack of action for such a supposedly highly rated and available player.

Prem clubs may have approached Youri's agent only to be told there's already an offer on the table, and they have X to beat. End of interest so no formal offer is made. Methinks that if Youri was central to any club's new season plans then the deal would have been done before preseason training and games etc.

There is of course the possibility that no other club sees Youri as a key part of their plans. Queue Man U panic buy.

12 minutes ago, taupe said:

I'm thinking then there's a good possibility that there's a deal in principle already been done for a foreign club, to be announced in January. It would explain the lack of action for such a supposedly highly rated and available player.

Prem clubs may have approached Youri's agent only to be told there's already an offer on the table, and they have X to beat. End of interest so no formal offer is made. Methinks that if Youri was central to any club's new season plans then the deal would have been done before preseason training and games etc.

There is of course the possibility that no other club sees Youri as a key part of their plans. Queue Man U panic buy.

...it would not explain  Rodgers need to sit down and have a conversation with him,  the club would have been aware of the situation!!!

Your last paragraph I believe is more accurate, that no-one sees him as integral to their team for the coming season,  or Youri is asking for certain things that cannot be met by potential clubs.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.