Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Interesting even Romano is acknowledging this having made so many statements about Youri leaving. 

Also funny how we refers to the deal as “stalling” when there’s not even a bid so the move is non-existent currently. He’s like sky sports news always trying to big up a link to a club just so they’ve got something to talk about. It usually involves one of our players in another teams kit as well. 

• Like 2

This saga must be one of the most drawn out and quite frankly boring “transfers” that I can remember in a long time.

I’m at peace with whatever happens with Youri now as pros and cons to either outcome.

I would point out that someone said our model needs to be on point, I’d say that our (and anyone else’s) model needs evolving, whether it’s player power and more contracts being run down, COVID losses, FFP - our model of buying young and selling for a premium probably won’t work if look at the above reasons.

33 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Interesting even Romano is acknowledging this having made so many statements about Youri leaving. 

said this the otherday, this guys crediability gets worse every season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Arsenal apparently seem more interested in him so suspect he would be first choice in that central midfield area …….. if they decide to buy him ….

I don't get this point mate, not a dig at you, Arsenal more interested in him whilst making lots of signings yet not even an offer for Youri?  It doesn't  make sense to me nor him being guaranteed a place with their amount of talent 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Bluetintedspecs
Typo

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it would not explain  Rodgers need to sit down and have a conversation with him,  the club would have been aware of the situation!!!

Your last paragraph I believe is more accurate, that no-one sees him as integral to their team for the coming season,  or Youri is asking for certain things that cannot be met by potential clubs.

Agreed. There is also the fact that even when we discuss on here, when thinking about transfers to Leicester City, that we talk in terms of the current level 'we're at' and we don't really want anymore squad players, more the sort of players that can improve the first team itself. If we translate that to a current Champions League side, is Youri really one of those such players that would drastically improve any of those? I have my doubts to be fair. His last season performances didn't do him any favours to be honest.

On last season's form I find it debatable that he's worth a starting position here let alone teams like Liverpool, Manchester City or Bayern Munich etc. His best bet was a current Champions League hopeful like Arsenal but I suspect they think they can buy better now and aren't really that fussed. If he stays this year he really has to up his game to attract interest. I do think many people at times, albeit he's very much a firm favourite of many, do actually view him through blue tinted glasses. It's a natural thing at times I think to believe some of your own players are better than they actually really are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

The mardy **** Mahrez as you put it did renew his contract to keep it long enough we got 60 million for him and was mostly professional, those few games he was on strike was a shame, but I dont see a lot of difference here, Tielemans is messing the club about in his own way, either sign up or leave, at the very least put in a transfer request so loyalty bonus is forfeited.

Would you care to explain how he can leave when we’ve had no offers for him?

• Haha 1

Can’t see him leaving in this transfer window as we will not get offers anywhere near to what we are looking for with the contract running down.

The only way I can see this ending happily is if we are struggling by January and need to freshen things up and maybe one of the ‘big clubs’ (possibly Chelsea?) are also struggling and offer above the odds through desperation.

YOURI MOVE 

Man Utd could have clear run at Tielemans as Arsenal ‘consider dropping out of race due to concerns over Leicester ace’

ARSENAL are not sure Youri Tielemans has the physical presence needed to cut it in their team, according to reports.

The Gunners have been linked with the Leicester midfielder all summer but are yet to make a bid.

That is because manager Mikel Arteta and technical director Edu have doubts over how the 52-cap Belgium star would fit their team, according to talkSPORT.

They report: "While reports linking Tielemans with a transfer have persisted, it is understood Arteta has not yet told his club to pursue the Belgium international.

"It is over concerns he doesn’t have the physical presence the manager is looking for to run his team."

Foxes owner Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabhaalso told the radio station they have had "no offers" for the 25-year-old yet this summer.

The cooling of interest from the Emirates might pave the way for Manchester United to have a clear run at Tielemans.

New Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag is keen to bolster his midfield after losing Paul Pogba to Juventus and Nemanja Matic to Roma this summer.

United's top target is thought to be Barcelona's £72million rated star Frenkie de Jong.

2 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

It’s all a bit embarrassing for YT when you express a desire to play for a club in the Champions League, but when the time comes to make that decision, no club wants you. 

Thing is the point is spot on. I genuinely don’t think he has the physical or athletic ability to play in the deeper/central role at the top level. Greater passer, and has fantastic moments but I’m not convinced he’s quite good enough. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Thing is the point is spot on. I genuinely don’t think he has the physical or athletic ability to play in the deeper/central role at the top level. Greater passer, and has fantastic moments but I’m not convinced he’s quite good enough. 

Perfect for us though. He's our star man.

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

For me he's been a very decent club player, nothing more nothing less, no sprinkle of Pirlo stardust that some seem to endow him with. He can admittedly make an outstanding top class defence splitting pass every two or three games and people forgive the rest snd see nothing else. If Tielemens makes a wayward pass several times a game, to some, it was because he was trying something special, if anyone else did it and they write them off as crap or incompetent. Either way, the ball still ends up with the opposition.

The proof in the pudding is that all the big clubs have overlooked him because he's not good enough for them, there's better out there. Unless they can get him on the cheap, nobody wants him. 

Playing poor for large chunks of last season hasn’t helped his situation. He had his eye on the big move but forgot that he still needs to perform 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1