Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

If Tielmans is fit, he starts every game.  He is one of our undropable players like Ksaper, Evans and Vardy 

He obviously wants to go and might not be world class but plenty of CMs play for Champions League clubs who are not world class.

Personally I’d keep him for a year and let him go for free.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

YOURI MOVE 

Man Utd could have clear run at Tielemans as Arsenal ‘consider dropping out of race due to concerns over Leicester ace’

ARSENAL are not sure Youri Tielemans has the physical presence needed to cut it in their team, according to reports.

The Gunners have been linked with the Leicester midfielder all summer but are yet to make a bid.

That is because manager Mikel Arteta and technical director Edu have doubts over how the 52-cap Belgium star would fit their team, according to talkSPORT.

They report: "While reports linking Tielemans with a transfer have persisted, it is understood Arteta has not yet told his club to pursue the Belgium international.

"It is over concerns he doesn’t have the physical presence the manager is looking for to run his team."

Foxes owner Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabhaalso told the radio station they have had "no offers" for the 25-year-old yet this summer.

The cooling of interest from the Emirates might pave the way for Manchester United to have a clear run at Tielemans.

New Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag is keen to bolster his midfield after losing Paul Pogba to Juventus and Nemanja Matic to Roma this summer.

United's top target is thought to be Barcelona's £72million rated star Frenkie de Jong.

...probably have their media team trawling Foxestalk!!!

Any prospective buyer reading the Tielemans thread is not going to be convinced in bringing him in.

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

YOURI MOVE 

Man Utd could have clear run at Tielemans as Arsenal ‘consider dropping out of race due to concerns over Leicester ace’

ARSENAL are not sure Youri Tielemans has the physical presence needed to cut it in their team, according to reports.

The Gunners have been linked with the Leicester midfielder all summer but are yet to make a bid.

That is because manager Mikel Arteta and technical director Edu have doubts over how the 52-cap Belgium star would fit their team, according to talkSPORT.

They report: "While reports linking Tielemans with a transfer have persisted, it is understood Arteta has not yet told his club to pursue the Belgium international.

"It is over concerns he doesn’t have the physical presence the manager is looking for to run his team."

Foxes owner Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabhaalso told the radio station they have had "no offers" for the 25-year-old yet this summer.

The cooling of interest from the Emirates might pave the way for Manchester United to have a clear run at Tielemans.

New Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag is keen to bolster his midfield after losing Paul Pogba to Juventus and Nemanja Matic to Roma this summer.

United's top target is thought to be Barcelona's £72million rated star Frenkie de Jong.

Interesting that Top apparently told this to TalkSport as I have never known him talk publicly about transfers.

1 hour ago, taupe said:

That's definitely one take, and it's difficult to see another plausible one. Quite humbling for Youri if so.

The day after the cup final on here - £100 million if you want him. As soon as he signs another 4 year contract with whoever he becomes a £50 million asset. 

Has anybody every considered writing to these newspapers and asking where they get their sources from and hopefully embarrass them.

I just read an articled titled something like Arsenal and Leicester in swap deal. Then it's a whole page about how we need a goalkeeper so it would be beneficial to swap Tielemans for Leno. No actually concrete anything.

I've read some crap in my time but usually a rumour has generated from somewhere. This one is just stupid.

I do however think some European teams will come in at the last minute and offer to take him.

8 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Has anybody every considered writing to these newspapers and asking where they get their sources from and hopefully embarrass them.

I just read an articled titled something like Arsenal and Leicester in swap deal. Then it's a whole page about how we need a goalkeeper so it would be beneficial to swap Tielemans for Leno. No actually concrete anything.

I've read some crap in my time but usually a rumour has generated from somewhere. This one is just stupid.

I do however think some European teams will come in at the last minute and offer to take him.

They literally don’t care 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

lol

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Me too. Fed up with the whole sideshow.  We will waste any receipts.

The season starts next week let's get behind the lads.  Play ayoze on the right for all hes worth

Perez masterclass incoming as we finish 5th and people state he isn’t good enough :ph34r:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Genesis1 said:

Please do this and let us know how you get on lol

• Haha 2

Just now, ozleicester said:

Is it possible that he isnt as good as we think he is?

He is good but not enough for a top 4 club and that's down to his fitness. I think only Man United would pay for him but they can afford Fernandes or whoever. I think the English game doesn't suit his fitness.

When he goes on a free, he'll be a rotation option for top 4 in England but a starter in Italy or Spain. 

• Like 2

Just now, ozleicester said:

Is it possible that he isnt as good as we think he is?

There are some midfielders over the years who didn’t need pace - Pirlo is a good example 

but that’s not YT. In the role he plays, you need acceleration over the first five yards and he doesn’t have it. Also, the new referee interpretation of physical contact not being a straight foul hasn’t helped him. Because he can’t get away from his marker with pace, he often ends up in a physical battle initially and loses too many of these. In the past he would go to ground and get a free kick. Not so easy now. 

a couple season ago i mentioned this lack of pace would stop him reaching the level he thinks he should be at - I was shouted down but over the next two years most have seen this play out.

he is good enough to play for a big six club here or on the continent but perhaps they look at him and think his value on a free with a 10/15m s/o fee is better business.

• Like 1