Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

8 minutes ago, shiv said:

He isn’t going anywhere IMO. No club is desperate for a CM right now and he didn’t exactly cover himself in glory last season.

He will go on a free next summer - why would anyone stump up £20-25m when they can get him for nothing. He’s still only 25 too. 

Man Utd seem pretty desperate.

8 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Nice to see Rodgers staying strong and not starting him until he commits to the club. The club will also be aware that a bid is just around the corner…

Hmm , if we lose to Brentford without him , the screams to bring him back on here will be deafening.

31 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

This is lining up to be a Sky Sports TDD signing and they'll be all over our training ground every 5 minutes tracking his every move.

He will 100% go on TDD when clubs are scrambling and they know that Youri wants a move and is a relatively cheap signing.

On 31/07/2022 at 09:43, fox_up_north said:

Does the agent get a cut with a new contract signing? If so, I can imagine Youri does a 1 year extension at his agent's behest. Guy was probably expecting a good windfall this summer and it hasn't happened. 

Of course they do. Football without agents would be one of the best things to happen to the game but it won't happen. 

• Like 1

It's all been a bit quiet on the Youri saga. We can't criticise Youri for seeing out his contract and leaving on a free. As long as he doesn't half arse next season and down tools after the world cup. There's no love loss.

Edited by Gav_LCFC14

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

It's all been a bit quiet on the Youri saga. We can't criticise Youri for seeing out his contract and leaving on a free. As long as he doesn't half arse next season and down tools after the world cup. There's no love loss.

He could just sign a new contract if nothing looks as though it is happening with a clause to allow him to go. Mahrez even signed a new deal so we got decent money for him. Basically it would be a bit crap to run down your contract for a player we would actually love to stay 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

No he isn’t, he factually is not. We gave him a contract, he didn’t steal it.

I doubt whether the club would have expected this outcome when they signed him. Yes, he’s able to do it, but I don’t think we should be cheering him on.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

I doubt whether the club would have expected this outcome when they signed him. Yes, he’s able to do it, but I don’t think we should be cheering him on.

Not cheering no, of course not, but he is blameless and just adhering to the agreed terms.   :dunno:

• Like 2