Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No he isn’t, he factually is not. We gave him a contract, he didn’t steal it.

Indeed, but it wouldn’t help the club for a player we revived. Anyway unlike Mahrez, who always gave his all, he didn’t put in any effort last season, which has made our situation worse because clubs aren’t willing to pay a decent fee right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Indeed, but it wouldn’t help the club for a player we revived. Anyway unlike Mahrez, who always gave his all, he didn’t put in any effort last season, which has made our situation worse because clubs aren’t willing to pay a decent fee right now. 

That’s an eye test and is not particularly useful as a barometer of his value, on the flip side you could lambast Mahrez for his negative impact on the squad during his ‘troubles’

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Well he’s doing tangible damage to our club, I don’t think it’s nonsense.

Because he won’t make a decision, he is now damaging the club. We can’t plan without knowing what’s going to happen. Arsenal are screwing us over big time by hanging a deal infront of him but not making an offer.  They know we will have to roll over late on in the window but at the same time, if they decide not to do a deal then we won’t be able to effectively replace him, nor can we spend his wages elsewhere. 

if I was the club I would give notice that we will withdraw the contract offer midnight this Friday.  Then we can spend the money (wages) we’ve allocated to it. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That’s an eye test and is not particularly useful as a barometer of his value, on the flip side you could lambast Mahrez for his negative impact on the squad during his ‘troubles’

I don’t think in his contract, he is allowed to mope around on the pitch and do nothing. He has become our Pogba at the moment. If he stays and puts in 100% and he leaves on a free then I will feel he adhered to his terms 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He didn't have a great season. This is true.  But he always comes across as an intelligent human being.  

Do you honestly think he didn't put effort in, given he must have realised a downturn in form would probably impact his ability to move to a 'bigger' club?

Or do you think it's a bit more likely he lost his form as players do particularly when playing in a team that lets face it was performing pretty poorly at time last season?

It's a frustrating situation as a fan but I really can't believe the lad would purposefully bugger up his own chance of a move by not giving 100%

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Schmeichel’s wage off the books means we up the offer to Youri and offer Maddison a new deal 

Yeah seems Rodgers isn’t going for a new keeper, because he feels we need to use the wages freed up in other areas 

4 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

He didn't have a great season. This is true.  But he always comes across as an intelligent human being.  

Do you honestly think he didn't put effort in, given he must have realised a downturn in form would probably impact his ability to move to a 'bigger' club?

Or do you think it's a bit more likely he lost his form as players do particularly when playing in a team that lets face it was performing pretty poorly at time last season?

It's a frustrating situation as a fan but I really can't believe the lad would purposefully bugger up his own chance of a move by not giving 100%

He is a truly quality player and everything up to his winning goal in the FA Cup was incredible. His form didn’t just dip, he was slow and ponderous, it looked to me like he would rather be anywhere else other than playing for this club. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, st albans fox said:

Because he won’t make a decision, he is now damaging the club. We can’t plan without knowing what’s going to happen. Arsenal are screwing us over big time by hanging a deal infront of him but not making an offer.  They know we will have to roll over late on in the window but at the same time, if they decide not to do a deal then we won’t be able to effectively replace him or spend his wages. 

if I was the club I would give notice that we will withdraw the contract offer midnight this Friday.  Then we can spend the money we’ve allocated to it. 

Very bad P.R. that , the rags would have a field day. We are not going to get much for him now and any replacement from the market would demand just as much or more pay. The only way we win in this situation is Youri returning to top form and helping us to near the top of the table. Then , who knows , he may opt to stay. Nobody is irreplaceable but we would be really lucky to get someone of his class.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Because he won’t make a decision, he is now damaging the club. We can’t plan without knowing what’s going to happen. Arsenal are screwing us over big time by hanging a deal infront of him but not making an offer.  They know we will have to roll over late on in the window but at the same time, if they decide not to do a deal then we won’t be able to effectively replace him, nor can we spend his wages elsewhere. 

if I was the club I would give notice that we will withdraw the contract offer midnight this Friday.  Then we can spend the money (wages) we’ve allocated to it. 

It seems he's made his decision.  Move to Arsenal, who have not yet put in a bid (or an acceptable bid) or leave next summer for free. 

I don't like either of these decisions but as per his contract he's perfectly entitled to do both.  

Therefore not sure what use withdrawing the contract offer is, as that will just absolutely guarantee he leaves for free next summer (or will move late in the window).   

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I don’t think in his contract, he is allowed to mope around on the pitch and do nothing.

Darn you, you've edited it ;) I found the image of Youri mopping around the pitch rather amusing. I'd even added in an aggrieved groundsman!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, taupe said:

Darn you, you've edited it ;) I found the image of Youri mopping around the pitch rather amusing. I'd even added in an aggrieved groundsman!

Wish I didn’t edit now lol he probably would have been more useful with a mop 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He is a truly quality player and everything up to his winning goal in the FA Cup was incredible. His form didn’t just dip, he was slow and ponderous, it looked to me like he would rather be anywhere else other than playing for this club. 

Impossible to know either way really.  I just struggle to see him as that type of bloke.  Particularly as it now appears to have backfired rather spectacularly with regards him moving to a top four club.  

I may, of course, be entirely wrong.  

Just now, Bordersfox said:

Fvck it I'm going to believe it just for one evening.  Before it turns out to be rollocks tomorrow 

I think arse will cone bsck at end of aug.  Youris cobtract sutuatiin means we will have to cobsider an offer.

I expect youri and fofana to go.

Fofana will go coz Chelsea will psy 80mil if they have to

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Very bad P.R. that , the rags would have a field day. We are not going to get much for him now and any replacement from the market would demand just as much or more pay. The only way we win in this situation is Youri returning to top form and helping us to near the top of the table. Then , who knows , he may opt to stay. Nobody is irreplaceable but we would be really lucky to get someone of his class.

why is withdrawing a contract offer bad publicity?  It’s been available for months. He has chosen not to take us up on it. We have to make plans on our budget. Simple as that. 

I bet YT and his agent are surprised that we haven’t yet done it. We have to draw a line whilst we have time to do some business. If he comes back next week and says he wants to sign it and we haven’t spent the additional sum then I’m sure we would agree. But it gives the chance to do some business with that £3.5m/year over the next couple seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

It seems he's made his decision.  Move to Arsenal, who have not yet put in a bid (or an acceptable bid) or leave next summer for free. 

I don't like either of these decisions but as per his contract he's perfectly entitled to do both.  

Therefore not sure what use withdrawing the contract offer is, as that will just absolutely guarantee he leaves for free next summer (or will move late in the window).   

The club should not be allowing a competitor to manipulate our window in this way. We can decide if we take a fee late in the window or let him see his contract out - but if he does that then it’s on the 70k/week he’s on now and we get to negotiate with other players on the additional sum in his new deal.