Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m starting to think he’s been tapped up by someone to go on a free in 12 months time. Supposedly no offers, but we’re led to believe there’s been a lot of interest… something fishy going on me thinks.

The thing is, he can do whatever he likes in 12 months time, if his contract is up and he’s got a plan for his career from that point, so be it.

It isn’t fishy, a club saying ‘fancy joining for ‘X’ amount s/o and ‘Y’ wages when you’re a free agent?’ is completely legit as long as nothing is signed yet.

If anyone was that interested in Youri now, I think we'd have had an offer. It weakens our hand a little leaving it later in the window but if we keep him the season he will make a difference to the team anyway. 

I reckon he's here for the season and we're unfortunately going to lose him for free next summer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

If anyone was that interested in Youri now, I think we'd have had an offer. It weakens our hand a little leaving it later in the window but if we keep him the season he will make a difference to the team anyway. 

I reckon he's here for the season and we're unfortunately going to lose him for free next summer.

I think you're right and likewise, he needs to be treated as in our history now unless he starts with masterclass performances because last season he was a total let down.

Like any other squad member he now needs to fight for a place and be picked on merit only, not on historical performances or managerial favouritism. Unless he's special, let him burn, the future is with those that are staying. If he loses out on a Belgium first team squad place or good next job then tough titty. It's about Leicester City, not Youri bloody Tielemans. 

• Like 1

Spoke to a chap today who claims to have done some work for Youri….. he said Arsenal are going to move for him in the last week of the window as they have some more players to try and move on soon. As soon as they have they will come for him. According to him Youri has spoken to Arsenal reps already…. It’s probably bollocks but you know, may as well as to the negativity. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Spoke to a chap today who claims to have done some work for Youri….. he said Arsenal are going to move for him in the last week of the window as they have some more players to try and move on soon. As soon as they have they will come for him. According to him Youri has spoken to Arsenal reps already…. It’s probably bollocks but you know, may as well as to the negativity. 

This is v possible but we can’t plan unless we know for sure it’s going to happen 

this is why I said we should set a cut off of this weekend 

if arsenal want him then they have to take him now and then sort out their sh1t. That shouldn’t be our problem - we have enough of our own! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

This is v possible but we can’t plan unless we know for sure it’s going to happen 

this is why I said we should set a cut off of this weekend 

if arsenal want him then they have to take him now and then sort out their sh1t. That shouldn’t be our problem - we have enough of our own! 

What I can not understand is Arsenal have been wanting Your since forever yet have not made a bid. At the same time they have signed several big name players instead.

Surely if he was that high on their list, they would have bid by now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What I can not understand is Arsenal have been wanting Your since forever yet have not made a bid. At the same time they have signed several big name players instead.

Surely if he was that high on their list, they would have bid by now.

Could be for several reasons, probably all combined.

1. They may not be that interested and see other positions as priority. Some interest im sure.

2. They have the agreement with the player meaning their is no rush on their part when they buy him in the window.

3. Following point 2, they may want to shift players first for squad or financial reasons. If they can't they won't buy. If they do they will come in late.

4. Coming in late seriously hurts LCFC. This is a competetion and we play them early on. A transfer building up to the game on Tuesday 13th of August will be a psychological and squad advantage for them.

I'm not sure he's high on their agenda but any of these points could be relevant.

Edited by richard123

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

and pick him up on a free?  :blink:

I am surprised they havent moved.  We would sell, he would go... so why no movement from  arse.  They may well be looking for a free move next year... though their saving would increase youris wages.  I just cant make it out from an arsenal pov.

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I am surprised they havent moved.  We would sell, he would go... so why no movement from  arse.  They may well be looking for a free move next year... though their saving would increase youris wages.  I just cant make it out from an arsenal pov.

They are waiting for a couple out it seems and their fans seems convinced he is coming soon. It feels like one of those 'best kept secrets' type deals that has been bubbling under all window.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

They are waiting for a couple out it seems and their fans seems convinced he is coming soon. It feels like one of those 'best kept secrets' type deals that has been bubbling under all window.

This is apparently what’s holding any deal up 

plus they think they can do the deal last minute and low ball us a bit

They must have youri’s approval to do that (with him receiving some of any saving they make) because otherwise surely the player would say ‘screw you - if I’m needed then buy me’. 

He’s left in limbo and more importantly for us, so are we 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They must have youri’s approval to do that (with him receiving some of any saving they make) because otherwise surely the player would say ‘screw you - if I’m needed then buy me’. 

I hope we have a plan in place. 

Similarly... to resolve the rw situation 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The fact that even Brendan has given up on picking Youri in what seems to be his first choice line up does indeed suggest that it is a matter of time before he leaves. Going to be a horrific deadline day as the likes of Dharmesh Sheth and Kaveh Solhekol w*** themselves senseless over whether Arsenal, Chelsea, etc can get deals over the line for our best players, whilst we try to cobble together a few pennies to bring in Ben Foster as our third choice keeper!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The fact that even Brendan has given up on picking Youri in what seems to be his first choice line up does indeed suggest that it is a matter of time before he leaves. Going to be a horrific deadline day as the likes of Dharmesh Sheth and Kaveh Solhekol w*** themselves senseless over whether Arsenal, Chelsea, etc can get deals over the line for our best players, whilst we try to cobble together a few pennies to bring in Ben Foster as our third choice keeper!

I was having a pleasant morning until I read that.

Now I'm just sat feeling numb with Dido "Thank You" playing on repeat.

• Haha 1

They go,they stay…but descisions can wait another day…

Riding the crest of turbulent waves…who can make those point scoring saves,

Players on the verge of transfers well hidden,who is doing all the biddin’

A few days to go for KO,fans confused & beriddled,

will it be a post match melt-down &. Griddle

Rodgers got this in his hand, is it like Custer,or whynot Pegasus bridge last stand

The foxes are out, only then misgogs & negos stamp & shout…

Thankfully there is me, one of the quiet few, that support & encourage

when the Fox is out on the forage…

we seem to lambast at a rush,

but beware of the Fox so cunning and tail up proud of brush…:scarf::scarf:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, richard123 said:

Could be for several reasons, probably all combined.

1. They may not be that interested and see other positions as priority. Some interest im sure.

2. They have the agreement with the player meaning their is no rush on their part when they buy him in the window.

3. Following point 2, they may want to shift players first for squad or financial reasons. If they can't they won't buy. If they do they will come in late.

4. Coming in late seriously hurts LCFC. This is a competetion and we play them early on. A transfer building up to the game on Tuesday 13th of August will be a psychological and squad advantage for them.

I'm not sure he's high on their agenda but any of these points could be relevant.

...let us put an end to this guessing game, give Arsenal till 12.00 pm on Monday!!!

We (LCFC) either know what the real situation is and are happy to sit and bide our time for Arsenal to put all their ducks in a row. Or perhaps they do not have a clue what is happening and have taken up a wait-and-see position, which takes us back to the previous scenario.

If right now we accepted that he (Youri) will leave on free, we will have nothing to lose in forcing the issue. Why we continue to adopt this weak posture in this matter, I do not know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...let us put an end to this guessing game, give Arsenal till 12.00 pm on Monday!!!

We (LCFC) either know what the real situation is and are happy to sit and bide our time for Arsenal to put all their ducks in a row. Or perhaps they do not have a clue what is happening and have taken up a wait-and-see position, which takes us back to the previous scenario.

If right now we accepted that he (Youri) will leave on free, we will have nothing to lose in forcing the issue. Why we continue to adopt this weak posture in this matter, I do not know.

We don't know what 'posture' they're taking though do we? We don't need to know, it's just nice to know. Neither are they going to announce it. That's the way to conduct business. 

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We don't know what 'posture' they're taking though do we? We don't need to know, it's just nice to know. Neither are they going to announce it. That's the way to conduct business. 

...in any business, you would need to be able to plan ahead!!!

If Rodgers chooses to omit Tielemans from the team, to safeguard a potential deal, then it is directly impacting our ability to be the best that we can be at this moment. I am not looking to know for the sake of knowing, because I am curious or impatient in any way. There is endless speculation regarding this matter, and if his name is not on the team sheet or not named in the squad, it will only increase the noise surrounding his departure.

What would be the problem with them (LCFC) coming out and announcing that there is a deadline in place? 

Arsenal could choose to ignore it and continue doing what they are currently doing, they could also make a decision to make an offer, or simply walk away. At the moment it appears we are at the mercy of Arsenal and we look weak.

Whatever  posture we take up other than what  we appear to be doing right now, will be better than what we are portraying to the world and our supporters..., 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

If Rodgers chooses to omit Tielemans from the team, to safeguard a potential deal, then it is directly impacting our ability to be the best that we can be at this moment. I am not looking to know for the sake of knowing, because I am curious or impatient in any way. There is endless speculation regarding this matter, and if his name is not on the team sheet or not named in the squad, it will only increase the noise surrounding his departure.

What would be the problem with them (LCFC) coming out and announcing that there is a deadline in place? 

Arsenal could choose to ignore it and continue doing what they are currently doing, they could also make a decision to make an offer, or simply walk away. At the moment it appears we are at the mercy of Arsenal and we look weak.

Whatever  posture we take up other than what  we appear to be doing right now, will be better than what we are portraying to the world and our supporters..., 

I reckon  sitting on the fence,is exactly right....Why panic or worry...

if Tielemans didnt play, that means we Really Dont rate him.

he is Not that Top midfielder,everybody would have him....

However I do believe he is seen as an essential part of this seasons squad....IMO Rodgers,club, & balanced fans,just see no reason to continual give out statements, where others find some need to speculate....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Their posture is probably known by the people that need to know but, business is a very confidential thing and could be compromised by blabbing to the media. Agents manipulate and cause speculation, good clubs perhaps just keep stum.

Leicester probably do know what the probabilities are which may be complex ie Arsenal may be open to a particular deal but are awaiting the final deal on a sale of another of their players etc. You've always got the Daniel Levis's of this world who can be obstinate right up until the last minute and still let you down!

I'm sure our lot must have had plans but sometimes things just don't work out that way and flexibility is called for whilst being mindful of being played in order for a third party to gain an advantage. Maybe they do know and there's more than one club involved whereagain, confidentiality is called for. It all comes down to the same thing, they're just not saying that's all.

Praet announces that he's staying and wants to fight for his place could mean absolutely anything in real terms. May be it's true. Maybe Leicester aren't prepared to cut a deal with what's on offer from a particular club. Maybe they know someone else in the squad is going and need him for cover so they're going for the best deal of the two. It's all supposition. Sometimes inaction on the surface betrays what's really going on behind the scenes. 

If Tielemens or Fofana weren't even on the bench against Brentford I suppose that would be a huge clue. If Tielemens wasn't in the starting line-up yet on the bench, it could merely be that his pre-season was a week later than some others who are in better shape and performing better. Let's face it, we haven't a clue and no-one is telling. It happens every year though this year we do have to acknowledge that we have certain problems in the fact that we have too many players.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2