Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

23 hours ago, richard123 said:

4. Coming in late seriously hurts LCFC. This is a competetion and we play them early on. A transfer building up to the game on Tuesday 13th of August will be a psychological and squad advantage for them.

That point intrigues me, and I'd considered it before, possibly even mentioned it.

I'd like to think that no club would think that way but I'm not naive enough to exclude it as a possibility, particularly in circumstances such as ours. Maybe Arsenal do consider us a direct rival (and who knows, maybe we will be, hmmmm, anyways) and a late purchase of Youri not only gives that psychological edge for the game but also hinders our transfer window progress.  The latter point we have seen play out.

Maybe Arsenal and Youri had reached an agreement ages ago and Arsenal fully intended to leave bidding until late in the window, just to scupper us, knowing that our signings relied on selling first. They clearly could not have known we wouldn't shift Cags etc but they could have muddied the water with Youri. 

It's a risky tactic if they do want Youri because we could simply say no  it's too late. That'd scupper them. I don't think it likely and I certainly don't like to think a club would do it but who knows. It's possible. Certainly Newcastle's purchase of Chris Wood from Burnley had that side to it. 

• Like 1

If Arsenal want him, I think they are playing a very risky game.  There are bigger fish out there that might want a cut price Youri Tielemans and could come in at any moment.  In fact I'm astonished that there isn't.   Yet.

If Arsenal think that they can wait a year and get him on a free, I think they will then find a queue of clubs more attractive than they are.  I wonder if they realise that they aren't as as box office as they used to be?

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

If Arsenal want him, I think they are playing a very risky game.  There are bigger fish out there that might want a cut price Youri Tielemans and could come in at any moment.  In fact I'm astonished that there isn't.   Yet.

If Arsenal think that they can wait a year and get him on a free, I think they will then find a queue of clubs more attractive than they are.  I wonder if they realise that they aren't as as box office as they used to be?

That could be because the players agent (who they would contact) has told them that youri has already decided his next move. 

Well, if he goes arsenal, he's sold himself short imo. He ought to run his contract down and have a much more varied selection of clubs in January. 

The likes of Juve or the Milans or Roma or Atleti or Dortmund or even Bayern would surely be interested in a free transfer of a major Belgian International. Arsenal ffs. 

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Hard to know what arsenal are playing at.  It seems their youri love is conditional on other sales.  Its like waiting for a girl you fancy to sack off her current boy friend 

Had to fetch my reading glasses to read your post correctly 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, taupe said:

That point intrigues me, and I'd considered it before, possibly even mentioned it.

I'd like to think that no club would think that way but I'm not naive enough to exclude it as a possibility, particularly in circumstances such as ours. Maybe Arsenal do consider us a direct rival (and who knows, maybe we will be, hmmmm, anyways) and a late purchase of Youri not only gives that psychological edge for the game but also hinders our transfer window progress.  The latter point we have seen play out.

Maybe Arsenal and Youri had reached an agreement ages ago and Arsenal fully intended to leave bidding until late in the window, just to scupper us, knowing that our signings relied on selling first. They clearly could not have known we wouldn't shift Cags etc but they could have muddied the water with Youri. 

It's a risky tactic if they do want Youri because we could simply say no  it's too late. That'd scupper them. I don't think it likely and I certainly don't like to think a club would do it but who knows. It's possible. Certainly Newcastle's purchase of Chris Wood from Burnley had that side to it. 

The only way Arsenal come in any earlier than the back end of the window for Tielemans, is if another club come in for him.

They are playing the long game hoping to get him cheap, knowing that we wont want to lose him for nothing at the end of the season, and will take a low price.

I expect the fee we want now, will probably be lower in the last days of the window.   

Interestingly there doesnt seem to be any interest from any other clubs, which suggests to me that the deal is done and agreed between Tielemans and Arsenal, otherwise the likelyhood is, his agent would be frantically trying to tout him to other clubs, and that doesnt seem to be the case.

Tielemans may well have been told to bide his time and that he will benefit from a bigger pay packet if they pay a lower fee to us.

Of course this is only an assumption on my part, and i could well be wrong, but If my assumption is true, then that would be disappointing, because it would mean that Tielemans is happy to screw us over on his fee as well as Arsenal.

If anyone watched arsenal last night they will see he doesn’t fit into that team it was front foot energetic quick football…. Unless they are going to use him for European football and cups …seems the bigger teams have started stockpiling again 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

If anyone watched arsenal last night they will see he doesn’t fit into that team it was front foot energetic quick football…. Unless they are going to use him for European football and cups …seems the bigger teams have started stockpiling again 

Disagree with that.

It’s clear Arsenal’s ‘weakness’ could be in their CM area. Xhaka and Partey are both stoppers, not playmakers.

I was watching the game last night and thought Tielemans could be a big part of their jigsaw.

You’d have to play him alongside one of the ‘stoppers’. I’d think Partey over Xhaka personally.

24 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The only way Arsenal come in any earlier than the back end of the window for Tielemans, is if another club come in for him.

They are playing the long game hoping to get him cheap, knowing that we wont want to lose him for nothing at the end of the season, and will take a low price.

I expect the fee we want now, will probably be lower in the last days of the window.   

Interestingly there doesnt seem to be any interest from any other clubs, which suggests to me that the deal is done and agreed between Tielemans and Arsenal, otherwise the likelyhood is, his agent would be frantically trying to tout him to other clubs, and that doesnt seem to be the case.

Tielemans may well have been told to bide his time and that he will benefit from a bigger pay packet if they pay a lower fee to us.

Of course this is only an assumption on my part, and i could well be wrong, but If my assumption is true, then that would be disappointing, because it would mean that Tielemans is happy to screw us over on his fee as well as Arsenal.

At what point does a fee become so low that it would be better for us to keep him for another season and let him go on a free next summer? £25m? £20m? Because if they to bid any lower I really hope we tell them to stick it up their Arse.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I think £20mill is the break point. Depends what the club think is achievable with a good season. 

If they think Europe with him, none without, then its worth keeping him.

If he plays like he did last season though I'd rather we took what we can get. I guess only the management know what's going on in his head

23 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Disagree with that.

It’s clear Arsenal’s ‘weakness’ could be in their CM area. Xhaka and Partey are both stoppers, not playmakers.

I was watching the game last night and thought Tielemans could be a big part of their jigsaw.

You’d have to play him alongside one of the ‘stoppers’. I’d think Partey over Xhaka personally.

With jesus running into spaces then youris passing would be sweet.  I accept he will go... and i think artetas arsenal would be a good place for him

Edited by foxinsocks

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...let us put an end to this guessing game, give Arsenal till 12.00 pm on Monday!!!

We (LCFC) either know what the real situation is and are happy to sit and bide our time for Arsenal to put all their ducks in a row. Or perhaps they do not have a clue what is happening and have taken up a wait-and-see position, which takes us back to the previous scenario.

If right now we accepted that he (Youri) will leave on free, we will have nothing to lose in forcing the issue. Why we continue to adopt this weak posture in this matter, I do not know.

That could make us look silly because it is clear, we can't afford to turn down a fee £20m+ even if it is on the last day of the window. Any public deadline would be pointless.

1 minute ago, Clarkey123 said:

Let’s not forget they still have Smith-Rowe and that new lad Viera to fit into that match day squad in the middle of the park. Do they really need tielemans as well?

Neither of those two plays where YT fits in 

he is in the partey/lokonga/xhaka/elneny/mainland-niles area.  And zinchenko could play there too. 

I don’t think it’s a great move for him. 

6 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Let’s not forget they still have Smith-Rowe and that new lad Viera to fit into that match day squad in the middle of the park. Do they really need tielemans as well?

Fabio Vieira is a winger. Smith-Rowe is more where Maddison would play. 

7 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I agree with this.  Watched last night pains me to say it but Arsenal look good this season.  Cant see where Tielemans personally would fit?  Smith Rowe still to come back too.  I can understand their thinking re Tielemans who lets face it last season was not exactly pulling up any trees with his performances.  I can understand why Arteta is not breaking his neck to get him, they dont actually need him.

• Like 1

Agree that less than £20M I would prefer to keep him. Along with Maddison he has been at the creative heart of the team. I'm not quite sure where Youri would fit in at Arsenal and the player himself needs to consider this. With the odd exception such as Kante these big moves have not always worked out for ex Leicester players.

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Neither of those two plays where YT fits in 

he is in the partey/lokonga/xhaka/elneny/mainland-niles area.  And zinchenko could play there too. 

I don’t think it’s a great move for him. 

I thought this last night, he's not mobile enough 

Edited by ronnup
  • Like 1