Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just love the man when he plays like he did today. Wish he could be happy to play his peak years here but I understand why he might not want to. Next week's game will be fascinating....

Top pro, top player when not running on fumes as he was back end of last season.

Dream window? He stays, Soyuncu & Iheanacho go for £55M+, Vesty Soumare & Choudhury leave too & we get a top notch LCB & RW. Dare I? Go on then, another wide striker. 

Edited by Steve Earle
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan

I almost hope Tielemans does leave Leicester tbh. If our fan base is indicative of this forum, he’s so disrespected for a player of his quality and he should certainly have a chance of playing at a bigger club who will appreciate his ability.

I’m sure someone wrote on here only yesterday that we’d accept 15 mill for him.

To end up in a situation where we’d only receive the same as what we paid for Vestergaard shows what a shambles the club has become in this respect.

43 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

100% Arsenal will put in a bid for him this week. 100%. They will want to disrupt both us and Youri. 

Absolutely spot on!! Fully expect the chatter on Youri’s move to Arsenal to ramp up this week prior to the game …. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I almost hope Tielemans does leave Leicester tbh. If our fan base is indicative of this forum, he’s so disrespected for a player of his quality and he should certainly have a chance of playing at a bigger club who will appreciate his ability.

To end up in a situation where we’d only receive the same as what we paid for Vestergaard shows what a shambles the club has become in this respect.

The club have mishandled the running down of his contract to the final year. 

Yet, Tielemans has screwed the club by refusing to negotiate offer after offer to force a cheap move in his last year. 

Nor surprising fans are hacked off with him. 

That said, I can't complain one iota about his dedication today, top notch. 

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The other option is to let him go on a free after we paid 40 million for him. A club like ours cannot afford to do that.

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He was a bit quieter 2nd half, but he looked well on his way back to his normal self in the 1st half:

30 yard low corner shot that got a good save out of Raya

Brilliant little dinked cross for Maddisons header which went just wide

25 yard shot off the post

Got stuck in as well in the middle of the park; 8 ball recoveries, 4 ground duels won, 5 aerials duels won, 2 tackles

If he stays he can't afford to sulk, at least for the 1st 16 games,  he's got a world Cup to think about.

And maybe seen as no offers have come in, he's just had to accept that and get his head down anyway. 

Definitely seemed last season the specuation had got to him. 

7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

If he stays he can't afford to sulk, at least for the 1st 16 games,  he's got a world Cup to think about.

And maybe seen as no offers have come in, he's just had to accept that and get his head down anyway. 

I don't think Tielemans would sulk. He has more about him than that. He would knuckle down and try and impress clubs for next season  when he would be on a free. The better he performs, the more choice of club he would likely have. He will be gone before the end of the window anyway, I'm pretty sure Arsenal are just playing the long game, hoping to get him cheaper.  If you want to talk about sulking, if they don't get their move, then look no further than Fofana, who spent yesterday like a spoilt little kid whe couldn't get his own way, but that's for the Fofana thread I guess.

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I dont get this.

Hes refused every offer made. So can you explain why the club is at fault?

It’s the new way - loads of our players are now doing it. We wouldn’t have so many out of contract next summer if their agents were looking to move them in as was usual mid contract.  Now players wait until a year left or just run down to the end to get a bigger payday on transfer. 
in the old days, players required the financial security of a five year deal. But now they’re wealthy enough in their mid twenties to not worry about that.  Clubs will have to adapt and the new ffp rules are going to exacerbate this problem as the non big clubs across Europe would usually try to bridge the gap by player sales.  It will make finding those good young players and selling them at 22/23 even more important. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

...if Tielemans chooses to run down his contract,  then there is nothing the club can do!!!

We have then to accept that we will get nothing for him and either accept this or look to offload  if Youri would consider it. The problem is we need to plan our season and being at the behest of a club constantly quoted as looking to buy him does not help. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s the new way - loads of our players are now doing it. We wouldn’t have so many out of contract next summer if their agents were looking to move them in as was usual mid contract.  Now players wait until a year left or just run down to the end to get a bigger payday on transfer. 
in the old days, players required the financial security of a five year deal. But now they’re wealthy enough in their mid twenties to not worry about that.  Clubs will have to adapt and the new ffp rules are going to exacerbate this problem as the non big clubs across Europe would usually try to bridge the gap by player sales.  It will make finding those good young players and selling them at 22/23 even more important. 

But why is he saying the club have miss handled Youri .

If hes refused to sign an extension why are the club at fault.

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He was a bit quieter 2nd half, but he looked well on his way back to his normal self in the 1st half:

30 yard low corner shot that got a good save out of Raya

Brilliant little dinked cross for Maddisons header which went just wide

25 yard shot off the post

Got stuck in as well in the middle of the park; 8 ball recoveries, 4 ground duels won, 5 aerials duels won, 2 tackles

8 hours ago, Bayfox said:

The 2 month rest probably helps too :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

But why is he saying the club have miss handled Youri .

If hes refused to sign an extension why are the club at fault.

They aren’t 

other than insisting he leaves last summer and leaving him out in august to force him out I can’t see what else was possible 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They aren’t 

other than insisting he leaves last summer and leaving him out in august to force him out I can’t see what else was possible 

And that tactic would not have gone down well with the rest of the players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

He was back to his best yesterday I thought, might have turned a few heads in the transfer market or even at our club regarding a better contract offer… 

I dont think it's so much the money he wants as regular European and Champions league football he wants.

A d you can't put either of those in a contractor.

13 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

He was back to his best yesterday I thought, might have turned a few heads in the transfer market or even at our club regarding a better contract offer… 

...probably looking to impress potential suitors!!!

Last season was not good for him and the dearth of clubs clamouring for his services was an eye opener.

I still believe he will stay here, no other club is going to give him what he is looking for. 

Kasper had Tops ear and went, if Youri said to Top, that he is looking to leave as he feel the club no longer matches his ambitions,  it could trigger a reaction.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.