Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Maybe it has been discussed before but I can’t be bothered to read all 168 pages; but after the shut show of Sunday:

How are Man Utd not in for Tielemans? 

It seems a perfect fit for them (not him as they’re not in the CL).

Guest Kopfkino
1 minute ago, Phube said:

Maybe it has been discussed before but I can’t be bothered to read all 168 pages; but after the shut show of Sunday:

Because nobody at Man Utd actually knows what they’re doing

3 minutes ago, Phube said:

....I even believe Ten Hag likes him as a player, so you just wonder if there is a possibility!!!

My prediction is that Tielemans will still be here next season.

17 minutes ago, Hales said:

Read tonight that arsenal are going to wait and get him on a free. It was on twitter though so.....

Risky game considering anyone from Europe can agree a pre-contract with him in 4 months. Unless of course they've already got a gentleman's agreement

30 minutes ago, Hales said:

Read tonight that arsenal are going to wait and get him on a free. It was on twitter though so.....

I think it was Football London who was the source for this. Not really a top source. I would have believed it if it came from David Ornstein, but this seems more like clickbait. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, indierich06 said:

If he ends up leaving on a free, I doubt Arsenal will get him. There will be clubs lining up for him, and he'll be after a big wage bump.

IF he has a good season . A club would still be needing to chuck  £30-40 million in wages over a good 5 year contract. 

I'm sure someone will but not sure how long the line will be .

So font of knowledge Agbonlahor suggests Arsenal might want rid, based on bugger all really. I wouldn't be massively against it but it's nothing. No legs. Just a throwaway opinion by a pundit not affiliated with the club. Talksport do this all the time. A pundit will make a flippant comment or suggestion and they'll run it as a story for the rest of the day. Like making up their own news. Not dissimilar to Sky reporting transfer speculation whilst running a book at Skybet!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I wonder, if we do let wes go, if there could be a conversation about White  :dunno:    It would all come down to value but, youri for white wouldnt be the worst situation. 

https://twitter.com/footyinsider247/status/1557290808063283200?s=20&t=OB66PY0sVzhRhTJ-O-cR3Q

I think it would be completely unthinkable for us to sell Ben White. He'll get plenty of games both as a centre back and as a right back. 

1 minute ago, GoonerJeeves said:

I think it would be completely unthinkable for us to sell Ben White. He'll get plenty of games both as a centre back and as a right back. 

What's the perception of him amongst Arsenal fans.  I thought he looked decent last season but didn't see a huge amount of him, has his price tag been an issue? 

Just now, Bordersfox said:

What's the perception of him amongst Arsenal fans.  I thought he looked decent last season but didn't see a huge amount of him, has his price tag been an issue? 

I think he has gotten a bit in the shade of Saliba in pre-season. £50m got many people to raise an eyebrow too. My impression is that people see Saliba and Gabriel as our main pairing at centre back, but White can fill right back as well. Tomiyasu has been injured a lot, and Cedric leaves a lot to be desired So, I think most see his value, but perhaps more as a utility defender that can cover two positions. If you consider we had Mustafi at centre back, it is a brand new world for us....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoonerJeeves said:

How do you see Tielemans' professionalism in this transfer "saga"? He seems to just get on with it, no toys out of the pram, no moaning to the press. His agent seems quiet as well. 

One might suggest that he doesn't need to do any of those things because he knows the deal is done. He might just be biding his time. Perhaps even until next summer, to be formally announced in the new year. 

16 minutes ago, Sly said:

He’s been top notch from my point of view. He’s very much a solid professional and entitled to not sign a contract by all accounts. 

Let's hope we deny his move until next summer, we are entitled by all accounts. Shame we haven't/won't profit from his move though.

18 minutes ago, GoonerJeeves said:

How do you see Tielemans' professionalism in this transfer "saga"? He seems to just get on with it, no toys out of the pram, no moaning to the press. His agent seems quiet as well. 

High level of professionalism or not he will have screwed the club royaly if he leaves for nothing in a years time despite having a new contract on offer for 2 years. 

It's his career, his life and his perogative of course but personally I would prefer a low level of professionalism and 60 million in the bank aka mahrez. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

High level of professionalism or not he will have screwed the club royaly if he leaves for nothing in a years time despite having a new contract on offer for 2 years. 

It's his career, his life and his perogative of course but personally I would prefer a low level of professionalism and 60 million in the bank aka mahrez. 

Not much he can do if no clubs actually bid for him

• Like 2