Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

37 minutes ago, GoonerJeeves said:

How do you see Tielemans' professionalism in this transfer "saga"? He seems to just get on with it, no toys out of the pram, no moaning to the press. His agent seems quiet as well. 

His agent isn’t. Why do you think Fabrizio kept pushing it? 

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not much he can do if no clubs actually bid for him

Ironically as well clubs did show an interest last season and he kept his head down. I don’t think people really get what this next move means for him; I think Rodgers touched up it that the next contract probably defines his children’s upbringing 

49 minutes ago, GoonerJeeves said:

I think he has gotten a bit in the shade of Saliba in pre-season. £50m got many people to raise an eyebrow too. My impression is that people see Saliba and Gabriel as our main pairing at centre back, but White can fill right back as well. Tomiyasu has been injured a lot, and Cedric leaves a lot to be desired So, I think most see his value, but perhaps more as a utility defender that can cover two positions. If you consider we had Mustafi at centre back, it is a brand new world for us....

All makes sense.  Saliba was an absolute beast against Palace.  Early days in the Prem of course but looks like a seriously good player.  

Re Mustafi...we're still starting Amartey so... 

• Like 1

On 08/08/2022 at 17:42, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Regardless of what happens with Youri, I have a stupid amount of respect for him.

The way he’s dealt with the situation you don’t get many professionals like him. The guy oozes class and professionalism. 

I honestly hope he gets what’s best for him and his family.

He also must realize that he has put Leicester City in a very difficult position. The club cannot move forward until he leaves or commits & neither option is any closer.

I realize he is a lovely human being but he is doing Leicester no favours whatsoever.

Have we drastically over rated him because no other club seems to thinks he is worth 25m which is concerning.

11 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Player signs contract. Player honours contract. Club doesn’t receive bids. 

What on Earth should Youri have done? 

If he had any scruples he would put in a £40m bid for himself if no other club comes in. He would then be a free agent and could join whoever he wants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Exactly. But given he's doing the buying I'd tell him the price is £60mill. See if he backs himself!

Indeed - If he really wants himself, he needs to meet our valuation. Who does he think he is, anyway? 

Edited by ClaphamFox

48 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He also must realize that he has put Leicester City in a very difficult position. The club cannot move forward until he leaves or commits & neither option is any closer.

I realize he is a lovely human being but he is doing Leicester no favours whatsoever.

Have we drastically over rated him because no other club seems to thinks he is worth 25m which is concerning.

If we were selling him for £25m when he had 3 years left on his contract clubs would be all over it. But £25m seems expensive when he could be available for £0 in a year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Rather have Saliba here 

Unfortunately I think the penny has dropped with Arteta about how good he is now and he will be starting a lot of games this season. The chance to sign Saliba was a year ago before he went to Marseille. I think the ship has sailed.

• Like 2

Just now, adam95581 said:

If we were selling him for £25m when he had 3 years left on his contract clubs would be all over it. But £25m seems expensive when he could be available for £0 in a year. 

Not if they really want him. It will be a bidding war on a free transfer as loads of clubs will be interested on a free so he most likely will sign for someone else. If they really want him they are in a market of 1 to get him for 25m now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

If they wanted him they wouldn't be prepared to roll the dice next year when when he is on a free.

There really isn't much interest in him from any club right now. Any club signing him will renew his contract anyway.

33 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I wish he would have thrown a fit last summer and we would have sold him them. Not really his fault, though. Nobody thought he would have the bad year he had.

The problem was there wasn't much of a market last summer. Very few European clubs had any money to spend.

Many still don't, though Barca keep finding coins down the back of their hire purchase sofa! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The problem we have now is an unhappy player who thought he was off. Will he continue to go through the motions oe will he get back to his best.

Arsenal done a great job of keeping him and us dangling,  They're no longer a big Club since tha change at the top of the Club.

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The problem we have now is an unhappy player who thought he was off. Will he continue to go through the motions oe will he get back to his best.

Arsenal done a great job of keeping him and us dangling,  They're no longer a big Club since tha change at the top of the Club.

He definitely didn’t go through the motions on Sunday - best game he has had for us in a very long time - either he goes and we replace or he plays like that on lead up to the World Cup - I’m good with either 

• Like 1

Why assume he's unhappy? Or any more or less than he was when outcast at Monaco? He's a pro, there's possibly an element of 'been there done that' at the moment for him (whatever "that" is) For all we know, he's quite chilled and biding his time. Personally, I'm not convinced an informal deal hasn't already been done. I don't buy into the 'nobody wants him' narrative. 

• Like 1