Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

9 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Maybe but what I think they really need is a no 6 type midfielder. 

What is this no 6 midfielder you speak of? :P  The below is the only numbering to refer to:

4-4-2

2 5 6 3

7 4 8 11

9 10

Or for 4-3-3

2 5 6 3

4  8

7   9   11

23 minutes ago, taupe said:

Why assume he's unhappy? Or any more or less than he was when outcast at Monaco? He's a pro, there's possibly an element of 'been there done that' at the moment for him (whatever "that" is) For all we know, he's quite chilled and biding his time. Personally, I'm not convinced an informal deal hasn't already been done. I don't buy into the 'nobody wants him' narrative. 

I'm pretty sure Youri is fairly happy to see out his contract. I too don't buy this arsenal brinkmanship nonsense. 

If anyone is trying to 'hawk' youri about, it's the club.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm pretty sure Youri is fairly happy to see out his contract. I too don't buy this arsenal brinkmanship nonsense. 

If anyone is trying to 'hawk' youri about, it's the club.

Reckon he is banking on a free transfer abroad now to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern somewhere of that ilk.

I really don't think he will be all that enthused about going to Arsenal.

20 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Doesn't the standard numbering come from the old 2-3-5?

2     3

4      5      6

7     8   9   10   11

Depends on the country. When England adapted the old WM formation, they pulled the nos 5 and 6 between the fullbacks to create a back four, whereas Brazil pulled in the 4 and 5 to the left of the three (as did the Netherlands) and Argentina moved the four to rightback and had the 6 and 2 as CBs.

Yes, I know, ultra geeky! 🤦‍♂️

I think, as a country, we've adopted the reference to a number 6 being the holding mid from Europe; despite, in England, it being the number 4.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

What is this no 6 midfielder you speak of? :P  The below is the only numbering to refer to:

4-4-2

2 5 6 3

7 4 8 11

9 10

Or for 4-3-3

2 5 6 3

4  8

7   9   11

I'm old school mate. Always saw the 6 as the defensive midfielder type role

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

UTD need actual players. They haven’t got a team. 

Very poor defence covered by a mediocre 2 defensive players in McFred. They are still a handful of signings away from being really good. De Jong would be a good one but they still are quite away off. 

Just now, desertfox2 said:

Very poor defence covered by a mediocre 2 defensive players in McFred. They are still a handful of signings away from being really good. De Jong would be a good one but they still are quite away off. 

Don’t care how good Ten Haag might be, and that is up for debate, UTD are going to do well to be mid table this year. Best be a long project he’s on or it will just be rinse and repeat for them. All making Ole look like quite a decent manager. 

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Don’t care how good Ten Haag might be, and that is up for debate, UTD are going to do well to be mid table this year. Best be a long project he’s on or it will just be rinse and repeat for them. All making Ole look like quite a decent manager. 

Exactly.  You could put the best manager in the world in there but if the players aren't good enough then it's pointless. It took both Pep and Klopp time to win anything. Their rebuild needs a couple of years and they will struggle to get who they need with their debt. I think they will miss out on Europe this year unless somehow they get a few decent players in through the door before the window shuts.  It kind of makes our situation all the more frustrating as 2 of the big 6 are weak this year in Chelsea and Man Utd. Without Europe it would have been a great opportunity for us to really push this year but 2 points throwaway already.

Edited by desertfox2

17 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He also must realize that he has put Leicester City in a very difficult position. The club cannot move forward until he leaves or commits & neither option is any closer.

I realize he is a lovely human being but he is doing Leicester no favours whatsoever.

Have we drastically over rated him because no other club seems to thinks he is worth 25m which is concerning.

We’ve got to remember from other clubs perspective, why would you pay £25m for him when you can attempt again in January and potentially get him for around £10-£15m (if he’s still not signed an extension) or even a free next summer?

It’s poor management from our side to let his contract run down and it’s the risk you take allowing a player to enter his final year of his contract.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

19 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

We’ve got to remember from other clubs perspective, why would you pay £25m for him when you can attempt again in January and potentially get him for around £10-£15m (if he’s still not signed an extension) or even a free next summer?

It’s poor management from our side to let his contract run down and it’s the risk you take allowing a player to enter his final year of his contract.

The 4 year contract he signed (which no doubt was his choice) put the writing on the wall from the off. 

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

4-4-2

2 5 6 3

7 4 8 11

9 10

Or for 4-3-3

2 5 6 3

4  8

7   9   11

Your bottom system is what suits us best I believe. Good defensive cover with the ability to break forward.

We need to sign a RW and a good left sided midfielder to play in the old number 6 or 8 position as shown alongside NDiddi.

Then a good RW on the right Vardy in Center and Barnes on the left with Maddison supporting them.

This setup would leave us more balanced all over the pitch, and the width on either side will stretch teams.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

27 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Frankly man utd should be in for every proven mid

Yeah agreedthey'd need a Youri but more importantly need a defensive mid in the Rodri/Fabinho mould. I would say Kante but thats impossible to replicate of course :)

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He most certainly won't be unhappy unless we stop the harmonious and respectful environment for him. He's got a World Cup to look forward to, a lighter domestic schedule and the prospect of a massive massive pay day in a years time. He will be far from unhappy. The only party that will be unhappy here is us lot. He is destined for a strong season and it'll be bittersweet for us.

Enjoying the argument that Mahrez was better for us because he signed a contract and glossing over the fact he then tried to push a move, disrupting our season in the process by missing key matches, rather than Tielemans who has done everything correctly and is fully entitled to stick to his deal.

They both want to leave, that is the crux of it. Vardy and Schmeichel are the last of those giving us their career.

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

All the reports are that we've offered him improved term ages ago .

We can't force him to sign and him only agreeing to a 4 year contract in the first place . Means that  he always intended on leaving early or running his contract down 

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Pogba is a global brand and has 55 million Instagram followers.  DeJong has over 10 million.

Youri is a quiet, unassuming professional and doesn’t have even half a million Insta followers.  He wouldn’t sell shirts in Asia.

Maybe he’s just not a “United” midfielder these days.

If he signed for Manu he'd soon have plenty of followers.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Pogba is a global brand and has 55 million Instagram followers.  DeJong has over 10 million.

Youri is a quiet, unassuming professional and doesn’t have even half a million Insta followers.  He wouldn’t sell shirts in Asia.

I bet at least 250k of those followers are Arsenal weirdos begging him to join Arsenal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Exactly this. Man Utd isn't a football club, it's a brand.