Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I have friends of fans of other clubs who can't believe nobody is in for him. I can imagine he actually feels a bit naff about it. 

There probably are interested clubs, it's more than likely agreed for next year I'd say

Edited by ronnup

15 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

More garbage on my fb feed...

Screenshot_20220811-202604_Facebook.thumb.jpg.5227cbc6af6836328e34f799b110e31e.jpg

lol

Live in their own little world, completely ignoring yesterday's article that each week the price tag on any player increases, with time to find a replacement decreasing.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Live in their own little world, completely ignoring yesterday's article that each week the price tag on any player increases, with time to find a replacement decreasing.

That’s the normal rule but in this instance we have to balance what they will pay us against the fact we’ll lose that amount by not selling. 

I assume we have deals lined up for replacements- hopefully we’ve identified players that are still achievable late in the window. 

The sort of player UTD should be building their team around. Right attitude, skilful, creative - everything they need. 

if I were a man UTD fan I would be seriously concerned. They are beyond a mess and rife with internal divisions. Will take Ten Haag at least two seasons and 4 windows to fix in my opinion. Meanwhile they could enter free fall. 

• Like 1

Can a manager fix man u's problems? 

They are a global brand, not a football club. Summed up with recent link to Marko Arnautovic which they only pulled the plug on due to fan power.

CR7 was a terrible signings last season. 

They consistently make decisions which are baffling. 

They spend money on shit consistently. 

It's a mess of the club and the money men own it. 

If he goes for free next summer, his status at the club will be tarnished. We gave him a chance when no one else would, nurtured him and helped him become the player he is today. Leaving for free would be like spitting in the face of the club that saved him. I've got no respect for people like that, hopefully he makes things right before he leaves. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Screenshot_20220811-202604_Facebook.thumb.jpg.5227cbc6af6836328e34f799b110e31e.jpg

lol

To be fair the buying clubs hold all of the cards here. Why wouldn’t they wait till late in the window, tell him to tell us that he won’t sign a new contract and will walk on a free next season and then I’d say it’s likely we accept a pretty shit deal.

7 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

If he goes for free next summer, his status at the club will be tarnished. We gave him a chance when no one else would, nurtured him and helped him become the player he is today. Leaving for free would be like spitting in the face of the club that saved him. I've got no respect for people like that, hopefully he makes things right before he leaves. 

It’s probably not a popular opinion, but I agree.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

lol

Bless that would be the same Leicester City owners who walked away from a West Ham deal to buy Sllimani costing them £20 million because they didn't like the owners. If he goes it will be on our terms.

Youri will have a value to us. No idea what that is or how it'll be calculated (think in terms of league position with and without for instance, and there will be other factors) Below that value, Youri stays. We'd rather have him go on a free next summer than go now for less than that value. That value does not change regardless of where we are in the window. However, that value can possibly be offset by finding a replacement. The later we are into the window, the less likely it is we are able to sign a replacement.

So, yes, as suggested above, the price will effectively go up as deadline day is approached. Further, it makes no sense for a buying club, having identified a so-called crucial target, to leave it to the last moment and risk shooting themselves in the foot. How much have Arsenal spent so far this summer? Are they going to play silly games over a comparatively small sum?

No, either Youri is not hugely important to them and maybe only a nicety if they have some quids left in the kitty, or their interest is bs.

Personally, I reckon he''s off next summer on a free - and probably not to Arsenal.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

And this year's winner for the most negative poster on the forum goes to...

Not sure being realistic is negative to be fair. Let’s see what we get for him, then come back and tell me I was negative if it’s more. 

Out of interest Percy Positive, what do you think we will get?

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Not sure being realistic is negative to be fair. Let’s see what we get for him, then come back and tell me I was negative if it’s more. 

Out of interest Percy Positive, what do you think we will get?

If he goes around £25m. 

I hope he will stay though. Even if he does not sign a new contract, a fit and firing Youri could be the difference between 10th and European spots. If he can get us anywhere near then it will be worth as much if not more to the club.

6 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

If he goes around £25m. 

I hope he will stay though. Even if he does not sign a new contract, a fit and firing Youri could be the difference between 10th and European spots. If he can get us anywhere near then it will be worth as much if not more to the club.

If he goes though, KDH can fit that role that he plays and then put Praet in as well, then I think we’d be okay. However, that does leaves us light for that position. 

just wish Praet was given more of a chance. As a player, I like him. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 3

Just now, fox_favourite said:

If he goes though, KDH can fit that role that he plays and then put Praet in as well, then I think we’d be okay. However, that does leaves us light for that position. 

Which is fine to a certain degree but with all due respect I do not see either of those 2 having nearly the same impact as an inform Youri.

Certainly not a top 6 material midfield. On form, he and Maddison are streets ahead of the rest of the midfielders we have imo.

• Like 2

Just now, fox_favourite said:

But are we going to get an inform Tielemens? Agree he’s a very good player on his day, but last season showed why he isn’t playing for Man City/Liverpool etc…imo

Well that is something I hope we have the chance to find out.

For the first time in 3 seasons he has had a relatively long break. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again. If we get more than £15 million I will be hugely surprised. 

That nay well be the best offer we get but in that case I think we keep him and let him go for free next season I don't see us accepting less than £20-25 million

35 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

If he goes around £25m. 

Cool. Might happen. Might be more like the figure I think. I wouldn’t sell him for £15 million, but I’m not running the show. Couldn’t replace him with a £15 million player - so no point. 

I think we will though. Just saying. 

To let Youri run his contract down we'd need to secure European football or finish 10 places higher with him than we would if we sold him (£15m transfer + £5m in wages), I'd personally take the money and try and reinvest it before the deadline or at least line something up for January as next summer is going to be a very very challenging and frenetic transfer window for us. 

• Like 2