Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

It’s probably not a popular opinion, but I agree.

Of course it's not a popular opinion, too many people think he deserves unconditional respect for scoring the winning goal in the cup final. I don't care about ruffling feathers, I just care about people showing respect for the club I love. 

4 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again. If we get more than £15 million I will be hugely surprised. 

Surely, there is a point where you'd rather keep him for the season, and let him go on a free. I think there is a limit to how far the buying club can really push it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

But are we going to get an inform Tielemens? Agree he’s a very good player on his day, but last season showed why he isn’t playing for Man City/Liverpool etc…imo

From what I see KDH has one thing greater than Tielemens - passion

Tielemans is a playmaker.

KDH isn't a playmaker. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GoonerJeeves said:

Surely, there is a point where you'd rather keep him for the season, and let him go on a free. I think there is a limit to how far the buying club can really push it. 

Yep. Personally I’d say the floor for Tielemans’s fee should be £25m. Players with one year left on their contracts still command decent transfer fees. Selling a player of Tielemans’ quality for £15m would be humiliating for the club.

• Like 2

There's no way we sell for 15 million if it's to Arsenal.  And if Arsenal really wanted him they would actually pay more.

Let's face it, if Arsenal don't pay what we want right now, he won't go to Arsenal on a free next summer.  Loads of better clubs would take him on a free.

6 hours ago, GoonerJeeves said:

That would be it for me. I’m not in charge though. You couldn’t replace him really for £20 million, so I would keep and play. 

21 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I still think he will go around the last week of the window.

I don't think we will change our stance on his price, he have played hard ball on all outs this summer.

I’ve always thought our price was about 25m which is more than fair. I reckon Arsenal are trying to get him for 15m. 

To be honest i’d take the 15m and spend it on Aouar and we basically have ourselves a like for like swap. 

I don't think that's naive at all.  It's another perspective (i.e. what Youri might be thinking) and it comes into the mix. He might just end up thinking 'sod this for a game of soldiers' and sign an extension. Like everyone else, he will place a value on security; bird in the hand etc.

3 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I’m probably being very naive here. But surely you start to think, I’m clearly wanted where I am, and clearly not so wanted at Arsenal (or whoever else). I’ll stay and make sure I play and get in that World Cup squad. 

You'd like to think so, having a good season and making the world cup must be his main target for this season. 

Clubs are clearly weary of this guy and the last 30mins against Brentford you can’t blame them. I kno he ain’t unfit but after looking sharp he deteriorated massively and was so far off the pace like last season, you can’t be that far off it as a CM in the prem and he frequently looks gassed like this. He should have been subbed off and no idea why BR didn’t maybe he’s trying to make a point to our board

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

Clubs are clearly weary of this guy and the last 30mins against Brentford you can’t blame them. I kno he ain’t unfit but after looking sharp he deteriorated massively and was so far off the pace like last season, you can’t be that far off it as a CM in the prem and he frequently looks gassed like this. He should have been subbed off and no idea why BR didn’t maybe he’s trying to make a point to our board

The whole team is like this. Its been a persistent issue under Rodgers for a while now. Rarely have I ever seen the team be able to play and concentrate for a full 90 minutes.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I’m probably being very naive here. But surely you start to think, I’m clearly wanted where I am, and clearly not so wanted at Arsenal (or whoever else). I’ll stay and make sure I play and get in that World Cup squad. 

...it is a gimme that he will play, it is a sure fire bet he will get game time with us, he has everything he wants, at this moment!!!

For the Arsenal supporters, the reason why Youri has not signed for their club, is not due to Leicester playing hardball,  but Arsenal looking around for better options and if that can't be found pick him up at a low fee, or better still, on a "free".

This desperation for a fee, any fee, is making us look weak and at the mercy of the whim of Arsenal executives. While we sit and contemplate our navel, they control the narrative that they have us on a string.

If the intention is to save face and get a fee, any fee, then let us continue this waiting game, because getting a fee must we the only reason why we tolerate this situation. 

37 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is a gimme that he will play, it is a sure fire bet he will get game time with us, he has everything he wants, at this moment!!!

For the Arsenal supporters, the reason why Youri has not signed for their club, is not due to Leicester playing hardball,  but Arsenal looking around for better options and if that can't be found pick him up at a low fee, or better still, on a "free".

This desperation for a fee, any fee, is making us look weak and at the mercy of the whim of Arsenal executives. While we sit and contemplate our navel, they control the narrative that they have us on a string.

If the intention is to save face and get a fee, any fee, then let us continue this waiting game, because getting a fee must we the only reason why we tolerate this situation. 

I think we should close the shop now. Its not a fire sale.  His agent hasnt sorted it.  End of. He can go for free next year 

• Like 4

I'd imagine clubs will be worried to work with Youri tho. If he is willing to run down his contract here what's stopping him from doing it again elsewhere? 

At present, with the situation that's been presented to us the fans, it's in the buying clubs interest to leave it to the last minute as a take it or leave it deal. Especially, as it stops us from recruiting as well. 

It's a rubbish situation all round. Personally, I'd like to see us play hardball with him. I'd tell him he isn't moving for less than £25 million. If he doesn't and he still won't sign a longer term contract then we won't put him in the match day squad until he does. This puts his international place at risk and might lessen his options at the end of the season.

Hopefully, that has already happened in these 'talks' and is another reason why we haven't had an offer from anyone yet. Another reason for starting to think this is there are plenty of European clubs that should be interested in Youri yet there hasn't been a sniff. 

I think there is much more to this. 

Youri's big chance to force a deal this weekend. RIP the arse a new one and they could hand us an offer before we leave.

Be none effective and hes here until he walks next summer.

The ball is in your court Youri.

12 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Youri's big chance to force a deal this weekend. RIP the arse a new one and they could hand us an offer before we leave.

Be none effective and hes here until he walks next summer.

The ball is in your court Youri.

...or it could be interesting if he plays in the game!!!

If there was an imminent deal, then I would believe we would decide to leave him out of the squad for Saturday. 

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

KDH is a playmaker, just not the same type of playmaker as Youri. 

I don't understand your logic? 

KDH has fantastic box to box left sided play to his game and he has good vision for through balls on occasion.

That doesn't make him a playmaker and if we take that mentality IMO we'll be going backwards rather than forwards.

I’m not sure it is fair to call Youri out for wanting a pay-day or to move on.  He has seen or will see his contract out.  

Top 4 finishes or even Europe feel further away than they did a year or two ago.

He just needs to play well - especially if he is still here in September as the better he plays, the better move he will get.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Product of 84 said:

I'd imagine clubs will be worried to work with Youri tho. If he is willing to run down his contract here what's stopping him from doing it again elsewhere? 

At present, with the situation that's been presented to us the fans, it's in the buying clubs interest to leave it to the last minute as a take it or leave it deal. Especially, as it stops us from recruiting as well. 

It's a rubbish situation all round. Personally, I'd like to see us play hardball with him. I'd tell him he isn't moving for less than £25 million. If he doesn't and he still won't sign a longer term contract then we won't put him in the match day squad until he does. This puts his international place at risk and might lessen his options at the end of the season.

Hopefully, that has already happened in these 'talks' and is another reason why we haven't had an offer from anyone yet. Another reason for starting to think this is there are plenty of European clubs that should be interested in Youri yet there hasn't been a sniff. 

I think there is much more to this. 

If they get him for £15-25m or free, a 4 year contract isn’t something to worry about.

I think he’d sign a 5 year contract at a bigger club than ours anyway. We were always a stepping stone, albeit one that gave him a lifeline back up the ladder.