Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Clubs are probably wary about spending £20m and giving him a £150k+ pw 5 year deal to an already unathletic player, with just the 450 games under his belt at 25.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I can’t see us creating so much without Youri. KDH is great but Youri’s though balls and general passing is another level. Praet is also nowhere near Youri’s passing ability.

I still remember that pass to Justin on the right wing in the FA cup. Pure filth.

• Like 1

KDH isn't a playmaker?

What a load of balls. 

Preseason has seen him slotting people through the gap between full back and centre half all day long, and overtime his long range shooting will prove just as good as Tielemans' i have absolutely no doubt. 

The fact is he has been played in a position where he has to stick pretty much to the inside left channel as opposed to more central role that Tielemans has. If we played Ndidi and him then he would be way more influential you'd imagine. 

4 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

KDH isn't a playmaker?

What a load of balls. 

Preseason has seen him slotting people through the gap between full back and centre half all day long, and overtime his long range shooting will prove just as good as Tielemans' i have absolutely no doubt. 

The fact is he has been played in a position where he has to stick pretty much to the inside left channel as opposed to more central role that Tielemans has. If we played Ndidi and him then he would be way more influential you'd imagine. 

KDH will improve for sure. But it's hard to say how much he will improve and whether he'll get anywhere near Youri's range of passing and intelligence.

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

KDH isn't a playmaker?

What a load of balls. 

One of the real ‘shames’ about Brentford clawing back our two nil lead was that it detracted away from us talking about KDH’s performance (which was very good) and his goal (which was pretty sensational). 

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I can’t see us creating so much without Youri. KDH is great but Youri’s though balls and general passing is another level. Praet is also nowhere near Youri’s passing ability.

....KDH is a very good passer with the ball, just that that side of his game has been stifled to get him where he is at the moment!!!

He is creative and I think that will be what he hopes to show in his game. Not all central midfielders play the same, Aouar will be a different player to both.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....KDH is a very good passer with the ball, just that that side of his game has been stifled to get him where he is at the moment!!!

He is creative and I think that will be what he hopes to show in his game. Not all central midfielders play the same, Aouar will be a different player to both.

His passing against Brentford already looked more assured than last season and there were one or two extremely good balls he played through the lines. And of course that finish.  Seems to continue to make positive progress - if he kicks on further he's going to be some player.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sm1 said:

I don't think Youri gives a f**k whether Arsenal or anybody else comes for him. Infact the present situation suits him perfectly. He's playing consistently, great for his WC chances, and end of season he'll leave for free earning himself a big signing on bonus and top salary. The only losers are we, but he doesn't care, its all about the money.

Drop him and play Praet in his place then. Tell him he's not playing again until he signs an extension, if Praet plays well he takes his place in the Belgium team for the world cup. This club is too nice, it's about time we started taking a harder approach instead of tiptoeing around players all the time. 

Edit: It should be clear to anyone that running down your contract will come with consequences 

Edited by 4everfox

Just now, 4everfox said:

Drop him and play Praet in his place then. Tell him he's not playing again until he signs an extension, if Praet plays well he takes his place in the Belgium team for the world cup. This club is too nice, it's about time we started taking a harder approach instead of tiptoeing around players all the time. 

This would do nothing other than cause dissension throughout the squad, as he has done nothing wrong at all, and as much as we don’t like his decision,or rather gamesmanship from other clubs, it is not unexpected and we should cope.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This would do nothing other than cause dissension throughout the squad, as he has done nothing wrong at all, and as much as we don’t like his decision,or rather gamesmanship from other clubs, it is not unexpected and we should cope.

The players within the squad will be well aware that he is running down his contract and not committed to the team. Imagine being committed to the team and playing second fiddle to a player that doesn't want to be part of the team. That would have an equal chance of causing dissension, don't you think? 

3 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

The players within the squad will be well aware that he is running down his contract and not committed to the team. Imagine being committed to the team and playing second fiddle to a player that doesn't want to be part of the team. That would have an equal chance of causing dissension, don't you think? 

Depends, if he’s not going into tackles, or putting thr effort in and going through the motions waiting his time out, that will cause dissension. However, if he continues to work hard for himself and team mates and remains professional no one will have any problem with him running his contract down. I suspect from his time here that Tielemans character is more of the latter and we will still see a dedicated and professional footballer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I think he is a pro and will be committed whilst he is here, he seemed to be against Brentford, but he wants to go and play European football and ensure Belgium selection. For me, he I doubt he is disruptive, far less than Wes’ social media shenanigans, but who knows really?  :dunno:

• Like 1

This there is a lot of smoke being blown up youris arse here yes he has moments of class yes he can make a decent pass! But last season he went missing a lot of games or he would go missing the 1st then come alive 2nd half! he can get away with that at a club like Leicester in a bigger club he wouldn’t be able to look at Maguire got to Man Utd and he gets grilled every mistake and miss pass or tackle could get away with it at Leicester! Maybe scouts of bigger clubs see youri as a bit of a risk remember why we got him he failed at Monaco! yes he looks class in our team not so sure he would in bigger teams 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

And your solution is to replace him with Praet. A player that would have been gagging to move to Torino if they had stumped up the money. Commitment!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Praet could be the replacement,  this commitment argument is nonsense. These are professionals, Praet wanted to play. Rather that than someone that doesn't care about playing and has no ambition 

He could well replace him. And while the latter statement is true, is it even applicable in this instance? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JimJams said:

He could well replace him. And while the latter statement is true, is it even applicable in this instance? 

Someone questioned his commitment because he wanted to play for Torino, I was suggesting that he shouldn't take grief for that as he thought he'd never play here 

I'm not sure what your point is 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JimJams said:

And your solution is to replace him with Praet. A player that would have been gagging to move to Torino if they had stumped up the money. Commitment!

....if you felt the person who decided if you were part of the club or not, wanted you out, then you have to look elsewhere for your job satisfaction!!!

Praet going to Torino was an option he had to take which would have benefitted his career. Torino choosing not to meet what is a very reasonable price set by us, can not be blamed on Praet, it only complicated his life.

Him (Praet) walking into training attempting to make a fist of pre-season and what it would bring, is all you could ask of him, and saying he lacks commitment, is so far from the truth.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Someone questioned his commitment because he wanted to play for Torino, I was suggesting that he shouldn't take grief for that as he thought he'd never play here 

I'm not sure what your point is 

No, someone suggested that Praet should be given Youris spot because of a lack of commitment from YT. I was merely highlighting the fact that the replacement was well open to leaving us for Torino, which shows no more commitment than the guy he'd be replacing for a perceived lack of it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JimJams said:

No, someone suggested that Praet should be given Youris spot because of a lack of commitment from YT. I was merely highlighting the fact that the replacement was well open to leaving us for Torino, which shows no more commitment than the guy he'd be replacing for a perceived lack of it.

Unlike Praet no club seem 100% interested in YT, so I suspect he will not be leaving. It is all a bit embarrassing when he will not sign a new contract, no club wants him, what options does he have but to stick around for a freebie

1 hour ago, Thebluefox85 said:

This there is a lot of smoke being blown up youris arse here yes he has moments of class yes he can make a decent pass! But last season he went missing a lot of games or he would go missing the 1st then come alive 2nd half! he can get away with that at a club like Leicester in a bigger club he wouldn’t be able to look at Maguire got to Man Utd and he gets grilled every mistake and miss pass or tackle could get away with it at Leicester! Maybe scouts of bigger clubs see youri as a bit of a risk remember why we got him he failed at Monaco! yes he looks class in our team not so sure he would in bigger teams 

Alot of smoke up his ass because he's a top player. We will miss him hugely when he's gone. 

• Like 4

If picked against Arsenal, let's just hope he has a stormer. They'll probably cough up 25m and we can get rid then. They surely wouldn't want to risk losing him to someone else next summer on a free. Not paying 25m tends to suggest that they don't think he's worth the risk and Youri should remember that.