Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

12 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Brendan has confirmed no new signings are coming, unless something changes, so don't expect anything

Not necessarily the worst thing in the world. This may well weaken the relationship with the manager, he may walk and come January we could have players leaving and a new manager. :dunno:

Or it could be a living nightmare, and we end up 5 places below Forest. :dunno:

Guest Col city fan

I guess I’m one of Tielemans biggest fans on here but today he was absolutely fookin useless. 
He’d not looked like he’s not bothered yet this season but today he looked like he doesn’t want to be here. 
I think that’s an indictment on the club though tbh. Fofana looked the same

He was very bad today after a much better showing last Sunday. The marginal gains have long gone from him, he wants to go, he's not going to hit those finer margins to elevate his game which is galling but it happens so often for unhappy people in their profession. So we've got to sit by and watch him walk on a free next summer whilst playing almost every game. Spot on

23 minutes ago, Hales said:

He needs to be benched. Stop playing him all the time. He doesn't want to be here. Use him if and when required. Give Praet gametime.  A bit of competion may spur him on a bit

Totally agree he is underperforming and wants to leave. What message does it send that you can both play as badly as he did, with a foot out the door and get picked every week. The manager obviously sees him every day in training and compliments him regularly but that sort of performance has a very corrosive effect if it it’s not addressed. We look like a team at a cross roads. I hope we choose the right path 🤞

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Can we please stop with this “don’t take £25m, he could be the difference between making Europe or not” crap now?

We’re not making Europe next season with or without him. It’d just be silly to turn down a fee this summer then have to try and replace him for nothing next summer.

At this rate he is the difference between relegation and staying in the division so I would still rather keep him.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Tielemans often goes missing or hiding doesn’t he when the chips are down. He’s not one to grab the game by the scruff of the neck etc. 

He’ll rightly be remembered for THAT goal and other outstanding contributions, but he can quite easily look a donkey as well.

....I said the same back in March 2020, doesn't take charge of the game and can look like a pub player!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

At this rate he is the difference between relegation and staying in the division so I would still rather keep him.

Apart from the fact we’re obviously not going to be in a relegation battle, even if we were genuinely going to be in a relegation battle then If Maddison and Vardy couldn’t  keep us up, then there’s no way Tielemans will.

He won’t be the difference for anything this season, we’re having a mediocre midtable season regardless, with or without him.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Apart from the fact we’re obviously not going to be in a relegation battle, even if we were genuinely going to be in a relegation battle then If Maddison and Vardy couldn’t  keep us up, then there’s no way Tielemans will.

He won’t be the difference for anything this season, we’re having a mediocre midtable season regardless, with or without him.

I wouldn't be too sure lol. In all seriousness we won't get relegated but I don't even think Arsenal have properly went in for him yet. Xhaka is doing well for them afaik and I think the bigger clubs reckon they can get him on a free next year anyway.

8 hours ago, Fightforever said:

If we don't make a managerial change relegation is not at all far-fetched, no matter what the ostrich brigade says.  The problem is at the level Tielemans performed all of last season and has continued, he's not helping you anyway.  If there's any decent fee out there to be had, they'd be smart to take it because he's not a net positive on the pitch at the moment and there's no compelling reason to think that will change.

Edited by Deeg67