Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

How does Tielemans win in this scenario though?

Run down his contract and potentially sign on a free next year with a decent Europe team and a hefty sign on fee and big wages (due to not having to pay a fee), or sign a years extension and then rely on another team being willing to pay the £30m release fee?

Don’t personally give a flying fvck if Tielemans doesn’t get a hefty sign on fee and big wages 

wouldnt of thought he is living in poverty on his current contract 

2 hours ago, Oadby Fox said:

Absolutely agree. The lack of loyalty from both Tielemans & Fofanna, both should never wear our shirt again. They should both be dropped for being disloyal to the club that’s looked after them and got them where they are. Don’t sell either of them let them sit in the stands each game for the remainder of their contracts. Sod the money let it be a lesson for any future signings you are not bigger than our club.

Not sure you have thought that through 

Youri has done nothing wrong. He’s a professional footballer who is looking after his own career. He hasn’t turned down any moves either. Overall he’s been a great player for us. It’s on the club to sell him, or Rodgers to not play him with he’s playing poorly. That’s what the manager gets paid big money for (apparently). The situation has been mis managed.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I get it I really do

however Leicester are all I am concerned about therefore I only look from our point of view 

if Tielemans had anything about him he could sign a 1 year extension with a built in £30 million release fee (for example) and then it’s win win for both parties 

like I said and I reiterate I am only interested in Leicester and not what pleases a selfish player 

And if no-one bids for him after that year? He should sign another? And another? And he only gets to leave once we are done with him because..... Loyalty? Right? 

Grow up. 

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

And if no-one bids for him after that year? He should sign another? And another? And he only gets to leave once we are done with him because..... Loyalty? Right? 

Grow up. 

You're not wrong - obviously it's not in Tielemans' interests to sign an extension. However, it's also even less in our own interests to let him leave on a free next summer - if nothing else, because of the message it sends to our players and prospective signings. We would be well within our rights to relegate him to the bench, and I think we should take a hardline stance here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Grow up. 

Hey big boy, I am grown up. It’s called an opinion 

you don’t have to agree with me but don’t tell me to grow up sunshine. 

other than that have a nice day 🤪

• Haha 1

An outfield footballer's career at a high level of earnings is about 15 years, max.

How anyone can deride a player for maximizing those earnings is beyond me.

We treat players like mercenaries and wonder why they act like mercenaries.

41 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

You're not wrong - obviously it's not in Tielemans' interests to sign an extension. However, it's also even less in our own interests to let him leave on a free next summer - if nothing else, because of the message it sends to our players and prospective signings. We would be well within our rights to relegate him to the bench, and I think we should take a hardline stance here.

Ok... so we want our players to know that if they get to within a year of their contract ending and no one bids for them then they either need to sign again or play with the kids? 

Wouldn't that encourage players to push for moves mid contract to try and avoid that? So Maddison for example  if he wants to avoid that, maybe he needs to pop in a transfer request now or he could be in the u23s this time next year? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scotch said:

Ok... so we want our players to know that if they get to within a year of their contract ending and no one bids for them then they either need to sign again or play with the kids? 

Wouldn't that encourage players to push for moves mid contract to try and avoid that? So Maddison for example  if he wants to avoid that, maybe he needs to pop in a transfer request now or he could be in the u23s this time next year? 

Fair argument, but for a club of our stature it's more acceptable to lose a player for money earlier than we'd like than losing a player for free. We can't just take a bunch of players continually walking out on us on the chin like Arsenal for example. If we want to be able to replace our players with quality, we need income through transfers.

Edited by Nicolo Barella
Acceptable to more acceptable
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

Weak leadership and management has caused this situation. No way would this of happened under someone like Nigel Pearson. I think it highlights the current problems we have in a nutshell! 

Pearson has never been in this position.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pearson has never been in this position.

That’s the point, he wouldn’t of let it get to this position with players allowed to run down their contract. From a business point he’s a valuable asset and for the club to let it get to this situation it’s poor management I don’t care what anyone says! 

Edited by wignalll2007
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

No, Pearson has never had the opportunity to be in this position. He’s never managed a team with high wage players,

10 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

That’s the point, he wouldn’t of let it get to this position with players allowed to run down their contract. From a business point he’s a valuable asset and for the club to let it get to this situation it’s poor management I don’t care what anyone says! 

I was about to expand on what I meant and that's exactly what I was insinuating. However, he didn't handle Anthony Knockaert's contract situation very well, so although it's on a much lower key we had a very talented young French man who left on a free. What Pearson did do was stop playing him though, maybe that's what fans want, Tielemans to not play and sit here and walkway for free, the worst of both worlds.

Let's not forget we've had zero bids for Youri, which the club will be so frustrated over. Not last summer, not this summer. 

2 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

What do the wages matter? 
the point is you have let a players contract run down, a valuable asset to the club. It shows a massive lack of foresight and long term planing.  

Pearson did the same with Knockaert