Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Just now, Hamilton Fox said:

Unfortunate as it is, he definitely isn’t going to be here for the next 3 seasons. If he doesn’t leave before the end of the window there will be loads of teams interested when he won’t cost them a fee

....it is not so much the fee to bring him in, it is what he wants at his next club!!!

There will be a plethora of clubs who would like to bring him in, and he will have a big choice to choose from, and will be able to give him the game time he wants but they would not all be able to fund his salary and he, I believe will be receiving an increase in his pay and a manager in place with us, willing to play him at all opportunities.

Says a lot about a players quality that for 2 summers straight despite his agent making him available not a single club has wanted to pay a fee. 

Even when we brought him he was offered to all of Europe and nobody nibbled despite a good few months in the PL.

Maybe he's just not that highly rated? 

• Like 1

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Tanner's done a piece in the Athletic on Tielemans - suggestion is Arsenal won't make a move unless Xhaka leaves, which is unlikely give his form. 

Top clubs may have concerns over his running power and strength. 

Arsenal have just made Xhaka vice captain so no chance he goes now you would think

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

That last season with Pearson we only just survived so yeah huge uncertainty.. That Vardy goal decided if we were down or  staying. His bizarre behavior on and off the pitch, a total embarrasment and the fact hes way out of his depth in the PL not just with LCFC. who the **** wants that era to return? lets think forwards not backwards. #UPTHERODGERS #WEREMASSSSSSIVE

Out of his depth by finishing 14th, alright mate. Also the bloke prior to being in the top flight never finished outside the top 6 with us (when in charge for a full season) the whole period made me extremely anxious. The two Pearson eras are probably some of the least uncertain times the club has ever had.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

That last season with Pearson we only just survived so yeah huge uncertainty.. That Vardy goal decided if we were down or  staying. His bizarre behavior on and off the pitch, a total embarrasment and the fact hes way out of his depth in the PL not just with LCFC. who the **** wants that era to return? lets think forwards not backwards. #UPTHERODGERS #WEREMASSSSSSIVE

We were alright that season, it just wouldn’t click. When it finally did, we were home and hosed well before the final game.

His behaviour was bizarre, although he seems to have changed a lot since then. 

I don’t want Pearson back by the way, but you’re making points that don’t stand very well.

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He’s been shite mostly for over a year now, be amazed if he ends up somewhere above the Ajax type level the way he’s going. 

I wouldn't mind so much if he was putting a shift in. 

When you spent the best part of £200 to go to Arsenal and he jogged around like it's a friendly, pretty much done with him. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm pretty sure Arsenal never wanted him but his agent was telling everyone they did. 

His agent seems an absolute clown. Loon at what he was trying to do before we signed him. Youri's being done dirty by him, is he a childhood friend or something? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

As others have mentioned, that is not true. 

The last season with Pearson we had a newly-promoted side that still somehow managed not to lose a game by more than 2 goals (that season only Arsenal matched us in that regard). Our team was competitive in nearly every game— it took time but our luck finally changed for the better during the Great Escape. 

We finished in 14th place and secured safety with a game to spare. Sure, there were plenty of bizarre moments but that kept the heat off our squad while the rest of us got to witness a season that was inspiring, sometimes unintentionally hilarious, and pretty darn magical overall. 

I get that Pearson is not everyone’s cup of tea but it doesn’t do anybody any good to make up history out of thin air. 

You're wasting your effort fella, that poster is an S Tier troll. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Simoken said:

Not even good trolling, not even close.:D

14 hours ago, Smudge said:

An outfield footballer's career at a high level of earnings is about 15 years, max.

How anyone can deride a player for maximizing those earnings is beyond me.

We treat players like mercenaries and wonder why they act like mercenaries.

All emotions aside, Youri is at a point in his career where he is in control of his next contract.  99.9% of players never reach that point; they just have to take what is offered to keep making their living.   And every last one is one injury away from a permanent pink slip.

Some people get so angry at the gifted 0.1% if they choose to keep control of these rare decision points.  :dunno:

Major clubs are big businesses, owned by billionaires and lawyered-up to the teeth.  Players are just individuals.  Yet fans side with the clubs.  Look at the dog’s abuse De Jong is getting from Barca fans because he won’t sign away money he earned in past seasons because the idiots those same fans elected to run the club, can’t sign the next shiny toy unless they burn their IOUs.  Sickening!

If I could personally flip a switch, I’d have Tielemans renew because it’s best for the club.  But I respect a player for keeping his options open, as long as he keeps playing and doesn’t disrupt the club.  Which Youri has, like Maguire did.

Throwing a tantrum because he has chosen this route is indeed juvenile.

• Like 3

The sooner Youri realised he’s an above average prem player the better. He’s nowhere near good enough for a champions league team. 

He’s got no legs. Plays the odd amazing pass but generally is very wasteful on the ball. He’s been a good player for us but tbh we are his level. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, frany104 said:

The sooner Youri realised he’s an above average prem player the better. He’s nowhere near good enough for a champions league team. 

He’s got no legs. Plays the odd amazing pass but generally is very wasteful on the ball. He’s been a good player for us but tbh we are his level. 

I completely agree with this. People talk about him being champions league worthy because we’ve seen him produce some absolutely masterful performances, but the reality is to even be considered a top premier league player you need to produce those performances consistently.

We’ve seen flashes of his brilliance but the consistency to be a top player just isn’t there. Hence the zero bids and occasional interest seemingly only drummed up by his agent. 

27 minutes ago, frany104 said:

He'll get a free transfer to a bigger club and spend the best part of a year or so on the bench before either being loaned back to us or West Ham/Everton/Villa.

I think he just needs to experience it first and get humbled before he realises his level.

• Like 1